BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Made Ye a Buzzjack Regular?, Was it the Counting Crows fan club or Team Sats?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Candlelit Snow
post Aug 17 2014, 09:55 AM
Post #1
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Just wondering, now that the rate is underway and some (read: one) people are threatening to leave over their rates, what made you actually join Buzzjack in the first instance?

For me it happened when Carly Rae Jepsen's song, Curiosity, was being played on Capital and so started to climb up the charts. Everyone on here had no idea, and so I joined just to say it's being played on Capital (even though everyone ignored the posts dry.gif ).

I also joined as Screech was getting hammered, as were those other two gross songs, and it was pissin me off and wanted to know if y'all thought the same.

So if Carly Rae hadn't been playlisted on Capital with the hit that wasn't, I probably wouldn't be a member ohmy.gif

Also followed the charts info here for yeaaars.

What about y'all?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Aug 17 2014, 09:57 AM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Damn, Capital.

I was initially a member of the Now forums when I was 16 and that lead me to CoolClarity which I was interested in because of the midweeks and YTD charts. That collapsed and Buzzjack rose from the ashes.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Aug 17 2014, 09:59 AM
Post #3
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

laugh.gif

How many years has Buzzjack existed for then? I've been followin the charts here since at least 2007, finding out aboot Lady GaGa waaay ebfore she had a hit with Poker Face/ Just Dance thanks to here, and knowin all the chart info in real life, so I'd always be right in makin predictions tongue.gif .

+Quote Post
Colm
post Aug 17 2014, 10:03 AM
Post #4
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

YTD info. I've been fascinated by YTD information since 1987.

This post has been edited by AnthonyT: Aug 17 2014, 10:03 AM

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Aug 17 2014, 10:44 AM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Sugababes midweek info brought me here and BJSC made me stay all this time. That and the people.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Aug 17 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #6
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I just liked discussing music and I was interested in certain chart stats at the time (and still am a bit), particularly the ones that Bré was peddling in early 2011, the first trial of his infamous points countdown I think. Then given that I liked most people around here, I began talking with a few more closely, and there was a BJSC for me to get competitive over I plunged in fully and never looked back.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Aug 17 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #7
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

The points countdown for last year is waiting and we're halfway though August. Just saying.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Aug 17 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #8
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I have our Bré by the horns and ROTD takes priority now hitler.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 17 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #9
c:
Member No.: 20,692

I found it through DigitalSpy laugh.gif
Once I joined, I immediately loved the Personal Charts forum, I liked seeing what songs people charted and how they presented. It also gave me lots of ideas on how to develop my chart as it was only new, I think I stole the '-xx-' from Jay because I thought that's how everyone would be presenting their re-entries.
I then explored the site further and loved reading the sales info and just stuck around after that really.

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Aug 17 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #10
white girl wasted on brown liquor
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

I joined for the chart midweeks, think it was originally to know where Scouting for Girls' latest offering would end up..haha.
Can't say I'm that bothered by the mids any more, still check them from time to time though! Certainly not bothered about how Scouting for Girls are doing, if they're even still around?!

General music chat and the people has kept me here. Even if I disappear for a while I'm always back here to discuss something or other angel.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Aug 17 2014, 11:27 AM
Post #11
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I joined after realising what a c**t of a place popjustice was. This place is so much more appealing. Ooh and naturally The Sats - What About Us was out around the time I joined.

This post has been edited by James ⭐: Aug 17 2014, 12:26 PM

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Aug 17 2014, 11:34 AM
Post #12
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

I found the single sales thread for a few artists and thought it was such a good way to find out info about songs I liked laugh.gif I then found The Sats forum and joined for that, and gradually found the pop forum and joined teams last year which made me stay. smile.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Aug 17 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #13
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Member No.: 20,182

What the above two said laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Aug 17 2014, 12:10 PM
Post #14
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I found Cool Clarity via DigitalSpy when I was looking for Hard-Fi midweeks. From there I was probably what you called a background poster for about 6 months. I'd post in a few forums, but that was it. Then when the whole business with CC breaking up, I joined up to BuzzJack. Half of the community disappeared to CHC, so I found that as my chance to break through, and then Rooney was born.

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post Aug 17 2014, 12:17 PM
Post #15
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
Member No.: 10,596

As with many others, I was on ChC (probably to check midweeks and things) and then moved across after it went under.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 17 2014, 12:20 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Sabrewulf recommended BJSC back at school during a lunch break. Soon after, I joined, and started exploring other parts of the forum also.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Aug 17 2014, 12:31 PM
Post #17
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

I wanted to find a music forum a few months ago so I searched into google for a music forum and Buzzjack came up. I looked around it a bit, saw a couple of the older threads and then saw the YTD data [which I am obsessed with] so I joined later that date. The personal chart section also made me want to stay as I had been doing one for a couple of months before I joined Buzzjack smile.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Aug 17 2014, 12:42 PM
Post #18
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I think it was actually the robbie forum which got me here, then the Pink forum that made me stick around lol. I'm not here as much these days as I'm busy with other things, but I do still visit from time to time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Aug 17 2014, 01:00 PM
Post #19
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

I found it through ChC, which I preferred at the time because it was smaller (so easier to follow). I loved a lot of aspects of Buzzjack though - like BJSC - so I posted here quite a bit too.

Unlike lots of the current ex-ChC members, I posted regularly before it went under, so it was pleasing to see the majority of their regulars migrate to Buzzjack. I joined ChC so that I could find out when singles were released (as I was an obsessive collector of CD singles on my very limited budget at that point). laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Aug 17 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #20
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(T Boy @ Aug 17 2014, 11:53 AM) *
The points countdown for last year is waiting and we're halfway though August. Just saying.

Jáhq's fault happy.gif He seems to have given up on it. I tried to replace him so we could get it finished but he threw a strop so I'm just letting him continue it when he feels like it. Hosting it with Joseph next year so it should actually be finished!

As for why I joined I stumbled across some countdown in the chart forum which interested me. Then I discovered there was a weekly chart show thread so I decided to sign up to inflict my annoying 12 year old self on you all. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 06:37 PM