BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What annoys you when shopping?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
poppet15
post Aug 29 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #1
UKs Biggest European Music fan
Group: Members
Member No.: 285

Trolleys with wonky wheels that won't go straight
Internet pickers always in the way in supermarkets.
Kids running around unsupervised.
Women who gather in the aisles yapping and you can't get past.
Women fiddling about trying to find small change in bottom of purses at checkout our yapping to checkout person.
Self service checkout machine going wrong.
Standing in a check for ages when they suddenly shut the till and then have to stand ages in another queue.
Store always changing things round and when you get to where you usually find an item and they have moved it so have to go searching.
Trying to find something but no one around to ask.
Width of aisles reduced due to baskets of special offers.
Things you want are on top shelf that you can't reach and no one around to help.

This post has been edited by euro music: Aug 29 2014, 04:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Aug 29 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #2
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

everything! mostly other people, which is why if i need to go to the supermarket i'll go at 6am in the morning. hardly any people, no queues whatsoever and usually everything is on sale, fresh bread etc. i really hate supermarket shopping laugh.gif

*edit*
Things you want are on top shelf that you can't reach and no one around to help.

only being 5ft i get this happening to me a LOT laugh.gif

This post has been edited by troublepink: Aug 29 2014, 04:22 PM

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 29 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #3
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

People laugh.gif I hate interacting with them, I do almost all my shopping online.
Whenever I venture into the shopping centre, it is always full of little bratty devils running around in my way.

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Aug 29 2014, 04:28 PM
Post #4
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Just gormless people full stop, if someone just randomly stops in front of me or walks into me through not watching where they're going I have no qualms using a bit of forceful barging. happy.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 29 2014, 04:29 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

My change falling. It has happened to me countless of times.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Aug 29 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Everything. And that hoes for shopping for anything.

I like to go in, get what I want and leave with minimal fuss. I always know what I'm getting and I can wizz round a supermarket in less than 10 minutes. But there are an awful lot of formless people standing in the way. People with a trolly stretched right out so you can't get to the shelves on the left side. The right side being blocked by a fully stretched out double buggy and said person hasn't decided what they want off that shelf yet. Aisles being blocked by workers stacking shelves and chatting, not trying to get out the way.

Why anyone would love shopping for anything, I have no idea.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 29 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #7
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

The worst in my local Asda is when they have the reduced section and there's the basically entire population of Bristol fighting over a pack of reduced mince so you can't even attempt to go down that aisle laugh.gif

Also self service checkouts with their "unexpected item in bagging area" etc. make me want to die.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 29 2014, 05:20 PM
Post #8
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

People that stop in the middle of the hallway with no valid reason or warning.
Like I will bump into you full throttle if you do this

This post has been edited by *Tim: Aug 29 2014, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Aug 29 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #9
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, sorry to be ageist but old people who dawdle about as if they've got all the time in the world - ok so you don't have to hurry but please don't stop and stand in the middle of the aisle in the way.

I am a 'get list of things to get, get in the shop, get them as quickly as possible, and get the hell out there' type of person.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Aug 29 2014, 05:31 PM
Post #10
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Member No.: 20,182

As a customer:
- Idiots who block the isle and think they can hog the whole walkway with their ridiculously large family. Not cool.
- Ignorant people who don't move when you say excuse me please can I get through
- The way the staff do very little in certain areas of the store and it's all messy etc
- Bratty children

Speaking as someone who has worked in a supermarket:
- Customers who speak on their phone when you're serving them (My Dad mentions it all the time and I agree)
- People who don't pack quick enough
- Rude customers

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 29 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Oh I can't stand dawdlers in all areas of life, not just shopping. It's the worst when walking to school!

But yeah just genuinely bad customer service is annoying, like if the staff snap at you or act unwilling to help. Luckily this doesn't happen TOO often.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 29 2014, 07:06 PM
Post #12
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

Shopping

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 30 2014, 12:18 AM
Post #13
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

Good god, this isn't HAVEN!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 30 2014, 12:20 AM
Post #14
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Jade @ Aug 29 2014, 07:02 PM) *
Oh I can't stand dawdlers in all areas of life, not just shopping. It's the worst when walking to school!

But yeah just genuinely bad customer service is annoying, like if the staff snap at you or act unwilling to help. Luckily this doesn't happen TOO often.

Don't get me started at the gaggles of gossipy year 9ish girls walking to school drama.gif I have this narrow path to walk down to get to school and always get caught behind without being able to overtake unless I go "can I get past please" or similar, and then they do the awful year 9 giggle at everything thing sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Aug 30 2014, 01:46 AM
Post #15
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

I know it's their job but when shops have greeters at the front door or even worse when the staff are forced to welcome you from wherever they are in the store and you have to make a quickfire reflex to acknowledge this. Awkward to the max.

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Aug 30 2014, 07:47 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Not knowing where something I always buy is now cos they've moved it. mad.gif No-one around to ask and/or the first person I ask hasn't a clue either. TIP: Never ask a manager where anything is as they never have a clue. "I'll just get someone else to help you=I don't know"

Stuff on offer like half-price or bogof yet never seems to be in stock. ORDER MORE PLEASE!

This post has been edited by Common Sense: Aug 30 2014, 07:49 AM

+Quote Post
steveh31
post Aug 30 2014, 08:42 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 21,175
   No Gallery Pics

1) Staff stood talking blocking the aisle then get arse on when you ask for something
2) Staff stood talking when a queue at the till and don't find anyone to open another one.
3) I am a fast walker so dawdlwers really irate me especially the ones walking with their head to the side browsing.

+Quote Post
gavindeejay
post Aug 30 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #18
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

People who stand in the middle of the isles gossiping with friends they've bumped into. Ok we're all guilty of this, but I really hate it when you politely try to get round them and they just look at you as if you're rude for trying to get on with your shopping.

Also annoying kids who run around the store bumping into you.

As been said when they run out of stock of items that are on offer. Surely if they are on offer, they are going to sell well! Just keep a good stock out the back room!!!

Another thing that's annoyed me lately is that my local Tesco Extra keep randomly swapping the escalators round, so the one that used to go up now goes down and vice versa! It causes no end of confusion with shoppers!

The fact the supermarkets have reduced their stock of CD's/DVD's. sad.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 30 2014, 12:37 PM
Post #19
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

As someone who worked in retail I can tell you that it is virtually impossible to keep your offers stocked at all times.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Aug 30 2014, 01:03 PM
Post #20
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(steveh31 @ Aug 30 2014, 09:42 AM) *
1) Staff stood talking blocking the aisle then get arse on when you ask for something
2) Staff stood talking when a queue at the till and don't find anyone to open another one.
3) I am a fast walker so dawdlwers really irate me especially the ones walking with their head to the side browsing.

Hate people who dawdle in all areas of life! Life is too short to be dawdling!

QUOTE(gavindeejay @ Aug 30 2014, 01:19 PM) *
People who stand in the middle of the isles gossiping with friends they've bumped into. Ok we're all guilty of this, but I really hate it when you politely try to get round them and they just look at you as if you're rude for trying to get on with your shopping.

Also annoying kids who run around the store bumping into you.

As been said when they run out of stock of items that are on offer. Surely if they are on offer, they are going to sell well! Just keep a good stock out the back room!!!

Another thing that's annoyed me lately is that my local Tesco Extra keep randomly swapping the escalators round, so the one that used to go up now goes down and vice versa! It causes no end of confusion with shoppers!

The fact the supermarkets have reduced their stock of CD's/DVD's. sad.gif

I hate those both! One time I was in Primark and a girl fell over on the escalator and the parents looked at me as if I had pushed her! sleep.gif

QUOTE(*Tim @ Aug 30 2014, 01:37 PM) *
As someone who worked in retail I can tell you that it is virtually impossible to keep your offers stocked at all times.

Agreed - and customers who want to buy items on offer and mistaken them for another item even though you work there and know the offers yet they still persist and argue! laugh.gif

EDIT: Also when websites don't have multi functional links, ASDA's student living section has no working links if you are operating it via Chrome yet works on IE. What I call annoying!

This post has been edited by SB.: Aug 30 2014, 01:04 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 06:25 AM