BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ROYALS · · ·, these girls ain't royal
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mistletheo
post Sep 8 2014, 09:52 AM
Post #1
IDGAF
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 8,661

Today has brought the announcement that Kate and William, the Duchess and Duke of Cambridge, are expecting their second child, following Prince George who was born last July. This brings another Royal to be successor to the British and Commonwealth thrones (poor Harry!) and with that brings about the argument about what our Royal Family means. I know this is a topic that has probably been discussed many times before, but what are your thoughts on the Royal Family?

For me, although the Queen (or whomever happens to be monarch) has little power over the ruling of our country, I like the fact that there is a Royal Family in place as our head of state, although I don't particularly agree with some aspects of their being in place. I definitely don't think the monarchy will be abolished at any point during my lifetime though as they clearly are still a major source of income for the British economy and I did very much enjoy William and Kate's wedding and the Diamond Jubilee, despite not thinking they were worthy of national holiday status.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Sep 8 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #2
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

It sounds sad so I am expecting to be flamed for finding it fascinating, but I find the history of the royal family (as in how the Queen is a descendant of Victoria) more interesting than the contemporary goings on. None the less, I hope I can predict the name of the baby right for a second time kink.gif

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Sep 8 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

Another mouth for the rest of us to feed.

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post Sep 8 2014, 11:38 AM
Post #4
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,596

I'm as happy for them as I am anyone else, it's the coverage I can't stand.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 8 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #5
DROTTNING!
Group: Members
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

There's a bit of tourism generated by them, but they certainly aren't a major source of income...in any case, arguably French tourism's been boosted by them getting rid of their monarchy, as it means the palaces can be open all year round.

I'm an apathetic republican, in that theoretically I'm opposed to them, but frankly the effort you'd need to go to to get rid of them would be gargantuan, the current system is broadly tolerable, and the end result for what would ultimately be a symbolic change just wouldn't be worth the effort.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Sep 8 2014, 05:59 PM
Post #6
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Member No.: 67

Another question I'd love answered is, why American media gives a f***?

Like, its nice and all to hear about the royal wedding, but I remember when all they went on about was Pippa. Why do we give a f*** about Pippa? Why do Y'ALL give a f*** about Pippa?

I don't care that that much about what I'M wearing. And my mom just loves her. #illuminati

This post has been edited by Tyler~: Sep 8 2014, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
Calum
post Sep 8 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #7
if you f*** around, boy i'll hunt you down
Member No.: 18,316

QUOTE(Tyler~ @ Sep 8 2014, 06:59 PM) *
Like, its nice and all to hear about the royal wedding, but I remember when all they went on about was Pippa. Why do we give a f*** about Pippa? Why do Y'ALL give a f*** about Pippa?

Pippa > Kate

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 8 2014, 06:11 PM
Post #8
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Well they don't do any harm obviously, I don't particularly care myself though. As great as it is for them, the OTT coverage of practically every minute is a little bit much. I remember the breaking news thing that came on when George was born, I don't remember what was meant to be on the TV when I put it on but a view of just where they were coming out was on for about 20 minutes and then they came out and talked for ages... Maybe I just sound stupid, but it's only a baby?! I mean obviously there's a big chance this baby will be our future monarch but still.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Sep 8 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #9
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Oh fantastic, another distraction to stop the working classes from rising up and overthrowing a corrupt political system.

Wow, the politics in that last Doctor Who episode really got to me.

+Quote Post
Simon.
post Sep 8 2014, 10:57 PM
Post #10
Sugar Like Apple Pie
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 126

I couldn't even tell you their what they called their last baby or which Royal Pippa is married to, I like that we have a Royal Family, personally though I couldn't care less about them. It's not something I'd ever read up on but hey ho.

+Quote Post
Mistletheo
post Feb 20 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #11
IDGAF
Member No.: 8,661

Latest royals rumours are that Prince Harry is currently dating Emma Watson! ohmy.gif Also if you're looking for a job and are a competent driver, the Queen is recruiting~

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Feb 20 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,403

has brandy applied?

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Feb 21 2015, 02:47 AM
Post #13
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I'd have liked a girl the first time for a new queen. This one won't be monarch and so the coverage will be less tbf.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 05:31 AM