BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Apple Launch Event - September 2014, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch, iOS 8 and more...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Sep 9 2014, 06:17 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

The Apple Launch Event is happening right now, and the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch have all been confirmed. Here's some images of them:

I'll post some proper information once the event finishes, but any initial thoughts? The Watch looks very very cool but I struggle to see the point to it - along with other wearable devices that have been or due to be announced by other companies. Maybe once the full details are out then it might make more sense.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Sep 9 2014, 06:39 PM
Post #2
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

As much as I love Apple products and I will get round to buying the 6 (bigger screen for the Plus not really my thing) but the one thing that irks me is all the fanboys will have been slagging off the Samsung screens, will no undoubtedly buy the Plus. Funny old world.

Standard Apple, they could release an awful phone and people will still buy it. I will be buying the 6 at some point (probably later/early next year) cos my 4S is good, but I expect iOS8 will be the last compatible software with that model.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 9 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I loved my 3GS but when they stopped supporting the iOS updates for it I ended up upgrading to the 5. I know people complain about Apple implementing features that other operating systems have had for years but I just find the iPhone perfect in its simplicity and I'd never want to change unless they do something drastically bad!

I know what you mean about the fanboys and the bigger screens though! I personally think 5.5 inch screens are just too big, so I can't see myself ever upgrading to anything that big.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Sep 9 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #4
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Most important announcement - free U2 album to everyone with iTunes.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Sep 9 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #5
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Sep 9 2014, 08:33 PM) *

so basically free U2 album to anyone who wants it, as anyone without iTunes can simply download iTunes (and then the album) for free.

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Sep 9 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #6
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Sep 9 2014, 08:33 PM) *

iTunes says it's already on my iOS device, but I do not see it. cry.gif Meh, I'll live. I probably won't listen to it anyway. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Sep 9 2014, 07:50 PM
Post #7
   No Gallery Pics

Also not getting the point in the Apple Watch, they hyped it up saying they wanted to bring something ENTIRELY new to the market, but there are already loads of watches that sync with phones as it is... It's not the nicest looker either (should have been called the ugliWatch lolololol) and seems to duplicate the functions of an iPhone/iPad pretty much.

The iPhone 6 looks pretty cool; I'll upgrade at some point, but for now, my 5 is alright!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 9 2014, 07:56 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Juranamo @ Sep 9 2014, 08:44 PM) *
iTunes says it's already on my iOS device, but I do not see it. cry.gif Meh, I'll live. I probably won't listen to it anyway. laugh.gif

It might be because you have iTunes in the cloud turned off. If you think you do just go into the Settings app, then Music and the turn on the toggle for "Show All Music". All your iTunes in the cloud (including U2) will then be visible in the Music app and then you can download it to your phone. Then once you've downloaded it you can switch back the toggle if you wanted to. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Sep 9 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #9
   No Gallery Pics

Other stuff in the cloud shows up in my library though. Maybe it'll show once the iOS update is ready, idk. Either way, I doubt I'll listen to it anyway so I shan't complain! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 9 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Oh right, weird! kink.gif

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Sep 9 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #11
bye dinner
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,972

Most definitely getting the iPhone 6+ at some point!

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Sep 9 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #12
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

I think the U2 album is pretty solid!

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Sep 9 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #13
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

Not really caring for the watch or it's design. Seems a bit much, and I'm leaning towards what you said Ryan. I'm not quite seeing the point of it.

I love that they are giving options for two screen sizes. I love my 5s, but there are many times I would enjoy a slightly larger screen for work emails and when writing articles and gathering pictures for blogging and the Britney forum.

This post has been edited by Tyler~: Sep 9 2014, 09:07 PM

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 10 2014, 03:52 AM
Post #14
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

Why on earth are we moving back to bigger = better? The screen size was the big thing that put me off upgrading from the 4 to the 5 (that and it felt too flimsy). It's a shame there isn't the option for a more compact screen rather than two choices that are far larger than what we have now.

Disappointing that they haven't gone with the rumoured shatterproof sapphire glass. I guess they figured they make too much of a profit from screen repairs for it to be worth incorporating.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Sep 10 2014, 08:13 AM
Post #15
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

QUOTE(Therm• @ Sep 9 2014, 08:34 PM) *
so basically free U2 album to anyone who wants it, as anyone without iTunes can simply download iTunes (and then the album) for free.

I spot two reasons why I wont be bothering.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Sep 10 2014, 09:44 AM
Post #16
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

They're also discontinuing the iPod Classic. Yes, it's had it's time really but it was the only option for massive amounts of space.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Sep 10 2014, 12:16 PM
Post #17
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Rabbit Heart @ Sep 10 2014, 10:44 AM) *
They're also discontinuing the iPod Classic. Yes, it's had it's time really but it was the only option for massive amounts of space.

This is easily the most significant thing to come out of this announcement. sad.gif I'm hanging onto my one for dear life now. If they bring out something new that has 160GB+ then I'll be fine with it but I'm not combining my (non-Apple as things stand) phone with my iPod to get less storage space and a more expensive toy.

Really liked that it had no connection to anything else too. It's just a mobile version of my library and that's all I want from it - one of the best things Apple's ever brought out.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Sep 10 2014, 01:18 PM
Post #18
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

That makes me wonder what the biggest mp3 player on the market is now.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 10 2014, 02:07 PM
Post #19
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

Given sales of the iPod Classic must have been a trickle for a long time now (it hasn't had a proper update since 2007!) I'm not really surprised. Plus, with the rise of Spotify et al demand for a hard drive player where you own everything on there must be a very, very niche market.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Sep 10 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #20
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

there's still ebay. i'm sure you'll be able to find a 160GB ipod classic on there if you want~

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 09:18 AM