BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alicia Keys - We Are Here, Official 1st Single /// 6th Album
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Roba.
post Sep 10 2014, 10:45 AM
Post #1
Rob aah
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Alicia has uploaded a new song & video on her Facebook page. Basically one of those spread the light, we're all here for one another type messages.

Sounds lovely, her voice never fails to disappoint me. Can't wait for her next album which is stated to be later this year/next year and is to be produced by none other than Pharrell Williams.

more details on this link!
http://www.bet.com/news/music/2014/09/04/a...-ever-done.html

This post has been edited by Rob Eyre: Sep 28 2014, 10:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Sep 10 2014, 11:40 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,847
   No Gallery Pics

What is this song for? Is it a song from the new album or what? I am really enjoying it though, her voice sounds stunning and I love how she has gone back to her early day look, real throwback.

Not convinced about the album being produced by Pharrell, is it solely by him? I want some Alicia ballads, not what everyone else is doing. She is too unique an artist to follow the trends.

+Quote Post
Roba.
post Sep 10 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #3
Rob aah
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Davidson @ Sep 10 2014, 12:40 PM) *
What is this song for? Is it a song from the new album or what? I am really enjoying it though, her voice sounds stunning and I love how she has gone back to her early day look, real throwback.

Not convinced about the album being produced by Pharrell, is it solely by him? I want some Alicia ballads, not what everyone else is doing. She is too unique an artist to follow the trends.

See, this is what I don't know haha, it's just some motivational/inspirational video she's uploaded. Who knows if it will be on the album. I think she'll confirm more about it all soon.

and I'd imagine Swizz Beats will be part of the producing as always so I don't think it's all just Pharrell.

This post has been edited by Rob S: Sep 10 2014, 12:25 PM

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Sep 23 2014, 09:35 PM
Post #4
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,661

I've just listened to this for the first time. It's interesting that the song is so out there in terms of lyrical content/its message. I like that she's done it but I can hardly see it actually reaching many casual listeners as it's not the kind of song that people look to Alicia for. I hope she can continue to have success with the next album though as Girl on Fire was a bit of a letdown aside from its two singles. If this is just the quality of the album tracks on her next LP though, I have no qualms that it'll be a success, she'll obviously never reach the level of success she achieved with The Element of Freedom again but I think that was a massive fluke with three absolutely killer singles to follow-up the feature on "Empire State of Mind".

+Quote Post
Roba.
post Sep 28 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #5
Rob aah
   No Gallery Pics

So looks like it's the official lead single off the new album, slated down for Oct 27th.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:32 PM