BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheGrinch
post Sep 11 2014, 05:13 PM
Post #1
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

There's already a discussion regarding Scottish Indepdenence in News and Politics http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162540. However I'm aware that not a lot of members on Buzzjack know a fair amount regarding the politics regarding Scottish Independence which could cause members to not post in there.

Do you want Scotland to become Independent or would you agree that Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales are 'Better Together'. What are your views (if you have any) on the campaign?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 11 2014, 05:18 PM
Post #2
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Poor brave Northern Ireland.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 11 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #3
DROTTNING!
Group: Members
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

Now Northern Ireland I'd gladly get shot of faster than you could say NO SURRENDER

+Quote Post
LexC
post Sep 11 2014, 05:33 PM
Post #4
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

Lee/Leww/Silas/JSG/SevenSeize

pls don't leave us

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Sep 11 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #5
🙄

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Sep 11 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #6
controlo qualquer um com a minha bruxaria
Member No.: 9,403

what on the fresh earth of f*** is that video lee! talk about a total riddy.

i'm probably voting yes on the basis that my mum wants me to vote yes. i honestly could not care a LICK about independence. like really. either way with the consequences i just don't give? i want to move out of the country for a reason and have so much indifference towards it.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Sep 11 2014, 05:49 PM
Post #7
🙄

VOTE YES.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 11 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #8
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(✖ cucumberella ✖ @ Sep 11 2014, 06:47 PM) *
i'm probably voting yes on the basis that my mum wants me to vote yes.

bitch PLEASE!

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Sep 11 2014, 05:53 PM
Post #9

the only reason i'm gonna vote is because of her, if she wants independence then i'll do it for her because i could not be any less fussed either way

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 11 2014, 05:54 PM
Post #10
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

hun don't vote vicariously

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Sep 11 2014, 05:59 PM
Post #11

well on that basis you won't even see me at the voting booth!

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Sep 11 2014, 06:00 PM
Post #12

and as if anyone in the independence campaign can vote vicariously anyways, it's become such a snowball effect of shoving it down people's throats that no one was even ALLOWED to make their own decision. both sides have absolutely horrendous campaigns and even worse vocal supporters, and a TREMENDOUS amount of peer pressure.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Sep 11 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #13
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I liken this whole situation to a rebellious child that wants to run it away. The child thinks it's a great idea to run away, the parents not so. Said child runs away, loves life for a bit, then realises things are not so brilliant. Parents are annoyed that the child has run away, but once the child wants to return home, they greet them with open arms biggrin.gif

Scotland should have the right to vote, but I disagree that leaving the UK is a positive. I think it would be better for all parties if this was an issue we came back to in 5-10 years time with a more stable economy. There's a lot of bad blood between Scots and English, and the hatred for the English is very high from the Scots. Think there will be some riots if people end up voting no though.

The whole campaign from both sides has been horrible. Embarrassing is probably a better word.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Sep 11 2014, 07:39 PM
Post #14
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Perhaps selfishly, my largest concern in this whole thing is that if there is a yes vote (which I highly doubt, thankfully) that it would not lead to good things for NI. Shit is bad enough here as is, that would only make things worse.

+Quote Post
jark
post Sep 11 2014, 07:41 PM
Post #15
something you consider rare
Member No.: 2,990

QUOTE(✖ cucumberella ✖ @ Sep 11 2014, 06:59 PM) *
well on that basis you won't even see me at the voting booth!

MUCH better that than voting because your mother wants you to go a certain way. Honestly surprised at you.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Sep 11 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #16
🙄

I can't see the reasons why people wouldn't vote yes for Scottish Independence, I understand everybody is entitled to their opinion but financially Scotland will be much better off.

Scotland alone is the 14th richest nation in the world and I'm frustrated at anybody that will not vote for independence. I've done an enormous amount of research on Independence recently and the worst part is people claiming to be " on the fence " due to the pound debate.

If it fails.... it fails but I'm confident enough that there's technology in Scotland to ensure that it manages to do well as an independent state.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Sep 11 2014, 07:50 PM
Post #17
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Even if there's a yes vote, Europe has the final decision don't they? At least that's what I read

Also isn't the prediction right now a no vote?

This post has been edited by *Tim: Sep 11 2014, 07:51 PM

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Sep 11 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #18
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(LeeWallace @ Sep 11 2014, 08:46 PM) *
I can't see the reasons why people wouldn't vote yes for Scottish Independence, I understand everybody is entitled to their opinion but financially Scotland will be much better off.

Scotland alone is the 14th richest nation in the world and I'm frustrated at anybody that will not vote for independence. I've done an enormous amount of research on Independence recently and the worst part is people claiming to be " on the fence " due to the pound debate.

If it fails.... it fails but I'm confident enough that there's technology in Scotland to ensure that it manages to do well as an independent state.

It's alright saying you'll be a rich country, but with no currency, the value of your economy will plummit. It seems to be a game of chicken with regards to the using sterling, but idk. If independence does happen, then I don't know whether we would let you use the pound. What I do know is if we refuse, then it's unlikely the Euro would accept you either. Big gamble.

I really can't see any benefits for being an independent country, cos long term I think it will be a bad idea. For me it's all about control of power, and even if you end up voting no is likely that we will give you greater power, but there's an element of greed from the SNP imo.

+Quote Post
jark
post Sep 11 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #19
something you consider rare
Member No.: 2,990

If the Scots are gullible enough to vote yes, I can't wait to watch them implode when they have no currency, an idiot of a leader suddenly awarded significant power, and an economy on a long and ugly downward slide.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Sep 11 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #20
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I feel that Scotland is better off remaining part of the UK that it would be as an independent country, and I do feel that the "No" vote will win next week. Having said that, I'd like to see Scotland become independent, just to see what happens.

As for whether a "Yes" campaign will result in Northern Ireland leaving the UK as well, sorry guys, you're stuck with us, so enjoy giving us an extra 36p for every pound we contribute. I'm a nominal nationalist, and even I know that we're better off in the UK. The Republic can't afford us, and I sure as heck don't want to pay extra for healthcare.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 02:08 PM