BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scotland Decides - The Predicta
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
5 Silas Frøkner
post Sep 14 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #1
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

So the biggest event of the Scottish year is finally upon us this week and this side of the wall will finally, after 2 years of campaigning, decide if it wants to tell Westminster to f*** off or not.

The count is being done by local authority area, of which we have 32 of varying sizes and importance. The game is to guess what way each of the 32 areas will vote and the overall turnout. Those who want to be a bit geeky can take a stab at the Yes/No split for each authority and their individual turnouts.

01 \ Aberdeen (City of)
02 \ Aberdeenshire
03 \ Angus
04 \ Argyll & Bute
05 \ Clackmannanshire
06 \ Dumfries and Galloway
07 \ Dundee (City of)
08 \ East Ayrshire
09 \ East Dumbartonshire
10 \ East Lothian
11 \ East Renfrewshire
12 \ Edinburgh (City of)
13 \ Falkirk
14 \ Fife
15 \ Glasgow (City of)
16 \ Highland
17 \ Inverclyde
18 \ Midlothian
19 \ Moray
20 \ Na h-Eileanan Siar (Western Isles to the rest us)
21 \ North Ayrshire
22 \ North Lanarkshire
23 \ Orkney
24 \ Perth and Kinross
25 \ Renfrewshire
26 \ Scottish Borders
27 \ Shetland
28 \ Stirling
29 \ South Ayrshire
30 \ South Lanarkshire
31 \ West Dumbartonshire
32 \ West Lothian

Go go go!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Sep 14 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #2
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

No.

And want all 32 regions to vote No as it really makes no sense within the context of the Union of the EU to want to leave another Union.

Also the country is great together. Splitting would create vast resentment and weaker small states still within a broad Union, the EU.

So hopefully as many regions as possible vote No and keep the inclusive, diverse country going strong.

'Nationalism is the last refuge of...'

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Sep 14 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #3
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

No. Scotland is a brilliant country and I'm shocked that even though it's 50-50 votes, if the votes even slightly tip over to yes they will get independence. Half of Scotland are gonna be seriously unhappy whilst the other half will regret it with so many potential issues bound to arise.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Sep 14 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #4
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

People are bound to be unhappy at the result either way, but what can you do? I imagine there will be riots/some form of anarchy if Scotland votes No, rather than voting Yes mainly cos the voting demographics.

I think it will be very close, but I just think the people that are undecided will end up voting No. Really rests on those people.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Sep 14 2014, 09:03 PM
Post #5
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I think it'll be No, mainly on the strength of those who are indifferent who would ultimately prefer to stick to the status quo rather than create newer problems along with ones already there (which is probably what I'd do if I was voting!). I can't speak for a Scot, but it's what I hope to happen too, you guys don't wanna leave us yet do you? sad.gif

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Sep 14 2014, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Sep 14 2014, 09:04 PM
Post #6
   No Gallery Pics

I don't understand how it got so close or why the younger votes are voting Yes.

I would've thought it'd be the other way round, and not too long ago it was always at least 58% no.

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Sep 14 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #7
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(!Khimaros! @ Sep 14 2014, 10:04 PM) *

I would've thought it'd be the other way round, and not too long ago it was always at least 58% no.

I think it's mainly younger voters 16-21 and middle-aged voters that have voted yes. Well according to those pie graphs I saw today on a news article.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Sep 14 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #8
   No Gallery Pics

Which I just don't understand. I see n reason why young 16-21 year old voters would feelno conenction with the UK and instead feel that an independent country is needed, one which has not existed in nearly 400 years.

Would they even be the generation who saw Brave Heart? I don't think so ...

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Sep 14 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #9
Surfing in paradise

Since when was 307 years nearly 400? Do they not teach people how to do basic mathematics these days? #ThankChristOurEducationSystemIsDevolved

+Quote Post
Jerick
post Sep 14 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 6,716
   No Gallery Pics

I guess 99% for yes on Shetland.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Sep 14 2014, 09:21 PM
Post #11
if you f*** around, boy i'll hunt you down
Member No.: 18,316

QUOTE(!Khimaros! @ Sep 14 2014, 10:12 PM) *
Which I just don't understand. I see n reason why young 16-21 year old voters would feelno conenction with the UK

Is there any reason why they would?

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Sep 14 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #12
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

I am thinking it might end up being a 66% yes vote. I am past caring now, I just want the constant letters, phone calls and people going round doors to stop laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 14 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #13
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

I sense the opening post predicta is probably a little TOO arcane for most members here to do it by way of anything other than guessing (let's face it - when even I'm a bit lost to accurately guess most, what hope do the Rate Slayerrrrs of the world have?), so I'm going to try and kick off a different predicta inspired by the babetastic John Rentoul - a SWEEPSTAKE. Guess the result of Yes and No to three decimal places. The one who gets it closest to the final result gets eternal bragging rights.

MY GUESS

No 54.170 - Yes 45.830

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 14 2014, 09:25 PM
Post #14
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jerick @ Sep 14 2014, 10:20 PM) *
I guess 99% for yes on Shetland.

Considering there's talk of ANOTHER referendum for the northern islands in the event of a Yes vote on whether they want to secede from Scotland and stay British, I think this is probably unlikely laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Sep 14 2014, 09:26 PM
Post #15
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Sep 14 2014, 10:24 PM) *
I am thinking it might end up being a 66% yes vote. I am past caring now, I just want the constant letters, phone calls and people going round doors to stop laugh.gif

Let me guess, has a Yes door-to-door person told someone in your house they're the only ones on the street voting No?

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 14 2014, 09:27 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

No 57.400

Yes 42.600

I could be completely wrong but I'm not sure that it will be *quite* as close as the polls suggest and I just can't enivsage the No camp not winning the vote.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Sep 14 2014, 09:28 PM
Post #17
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(!Khimaros! @ Sep 14 2014, 10:04 PM) *

QUOTE(!Khimaros! @ Sep 14 2014, 10:12 PM) *
Which I just don't understand. I see n reason why young 16-21 year old voters would feelno conenction with the UK and instead feel that an independent country is needed, one which has not existed in nearly 400 years.

Would they even be the generation who saw Brave Heart? I don't think so ...

Because it's an emotive campaign from the Yes team. They've said nothing to say that Scotland would be better off not in the UK (that would actually be a long-term reality). There are a lot of areas in poverty in Scotland, and specifically in Glasgow. It's very easy to get these people on side with an emotive campaign. Young people across the UK have been shafted for a long time, and it's easy to promise them all the good things that will happen. I just see it like people voting UKIP and how people don't want to be controlleld by Europe.. just like Scotland doesn't want to be controlled by Westminster. The problem is it's naive to think the same problems won't occur just because the SNP are in power e.g. politicians thinking about themselves rather than society.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Sep 14 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #18
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

QUOTE(Cassandra @ Sep 14 2014, 10:26 PM) *
Let me guess, has a Yes door-to-door person told someone in your house they're the only ones on the street voting No?

Yes! they also graffiti-ed the street with Yes stickers.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Sep 14 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #19
Surfing in paradise

QUOTE(Cassandra @ Sep 14 2014, 10:25 PM) *
Considering there's talk of ANOTHER referendum for the northern islands in the event of a Yes vote on whether they want to secede from Scotland and stay British, I think this is probably unlikely laugh.gif

They may be inbred but they aren't retarded enough to do that. It's a empty threat to try and ensure that they get heard for once because London really couldn't give a f*** about the mainland, never mind the shitty islands that even Edinburgh struggles to give a f*** about.

They make up less than 75k between them, that's a lot easier to fight for in a country of 5m than one of 65m.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Sep 14 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #20
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cassandra @ Sep 14 2014, 10:25 PM) *

Indeed, they want independence from Scotland. Shetland/Orkney/Fair Isle actually hold claim to 2/3rd's of the North Sea oil and would be far richer than the mainland.

I expect it will be a No, probably around 55-60% - there are always swings to the incumbent/status quo from the polls as suggested by Chez Wombat.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 10:47 PM