BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Vote Which Game I Should Host First, Choose your favourite of one of my chart games below
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Which chart game should I make first?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 36
Guests cannot vote 
Spinning Adam
post 16th September 2014, 06:36 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

I am known on the internet for my knack of chart games, but since I can't host them all, I ask players to vote on their favourite of the games above. I've already set up the Chart Run Predictions game, so it is not included. Also, the upcoming Chart Performance game is omitted from the poll, because it is a game that anyone can play at any time, hence there is no need to host it cool.gif

Introduction

To celebrate 365 days of the UK Charts Archive Wiki (formely UK Singles Chart Wiki), I made this game. To play, you can choose any number of singles which their position numbers on Sunday must all add up equal or be less than 365. You can predict any song, but if you pick a song that you assume to be on the top 100 next week and it isn't, you won't score any points for it biggrin.gif . The winner is whoever gets the closest to 365 (or matches it).

Example Game

Player 1 predicts the following songs. Note that the positions listed were revealed after the songs were written down.
Song Artist Pos. on w/e 12/10/2013
True Love P!nk 85
Waiting All Night Rudimental 92
Get Lucky Daft Punk 48
Made In The USA Demi Lovato 75
Beatiful Life Armin Van Buuren -
Antenna Fuse ODG 79
Total score 379

In this example, player 1 goes over the 365 target, so he has lost.

Player 2
Song Artist Pos. on w/e 12/10/2013
Talk Dirty Jason Derulo 3
Holy Grail JAY Z 27
Best Song Ever One Direction 42
Things We Lost In The Fire Bastille 51
Lose Yourself To Dance Daft Punk 67
Marry Me Jason Derulo 96
Love More Chris Brown 66
Total score 352

Player 2 had a total score of 352, which is less than 365 and since Player 1 went over 365, he lost already, so Player 2 wins.

4 Pics 1 Song
If anyone has played the app before, it will be relatively straightforward.

Every week starting will feature 3 singles (an easy, medium and hard single) each represented by 4 pictures describing the single and sometimes the artist as well. You will also be given 16 letters/numbers or symbols, most (or sometimes all) of which make up the title for the single to help you. You are also given spaces to show where the letters go and how words are separated. The first player to make a right guess on one of the pictures in the comments below gets a point (3 for hard, 2 medium and 1 easy) and other players are still allowed to make guesses to the other pictures. If no one gets any picture right after 1 week, the answer to the clue is given out. Punctuation such as apostrophes and & symbols are ommited.
You have 7 days from when the clues are published. If you really are stuck, you can ask for a letter to be put in the title, but it will cost you a point from your overall score for 4 Pics 1 Song.

See here for an example.

Hangman
A simple game based on the well known word game. There are many variations on gameplay, but here is the format I have made:

_________
| |
| /|\
| / \
|
|

Each time you make an incorrect guess, a part of the frame is created. There are 14 parts in total. You lose when the whole hangman is 'hung'.

Rules

The song or artist must have charted on the top 200 UK Singles Chart.
Underscores (_) represent letters, and stylisation etc. are ommited (e.g. Kesha not Ke$ha). Slashes (/) represent word spacing. Numbers are allowed as well as other punctuation marks such as & and ?.
You can guess a single letter or a whole phrase, but you should only guess the whole phrase when you think you know it.

High Charters
Each game there will be a randomly picked number from 1-9. 1 represents 2 weeks on the chart, and 9 represents 10 etc. (see below)

Pick a song from the current Top 100 Singles Chart. You should choose a song that will last the amount of weeks picked for that game. The song's position number each week adds to your score, so predicting a top 10 single for example will not likely get you a very good score. This is also a game of risk, as if the chosen song drops out within the weeks chosen, there will be a penalty, so predicting a song currently in the 90's part of the chart when the amount of weeks is 10 will not likely give you a great score!
Scoring

The position number for the song each week for the chosen weeks is added onto the score. So when playing for 3 weeks and choosing True Love at 90 for example, and seeing it climb to 72 the next week, and then falling to 99 the next week will give a total of 261 points. But if the chosen song drops out before the number of weeks chosen have ended (in this case 3), each week not played takes off 50 points from your score!

Example
One player uses the Random Number Generator and picks a number from 1-9. The resulting number is NOT the number of weeks for player's singles. It is actually the resulting number plus 1, since having just one week would not work. So a 4 would be 5 weeks and an 8 would be 9 weeks. In this example, the random number returned 3, which is 4 weeks. Now players must each choose a single from the current top 100 singles chart (29/12/2012), which they must be sure will stay in the top 100 for 4 weeks, and to stay as low in the chart as possible. Players are forbidden to change their chosen single for that game after the second week's top 100 singles chart is published.

Player 1

Chosen single: Hall Of Fame by The Script (34)
Week Position
05/10/2013 34
12/10/2013 17
19/10/2013 19
26/10/2013 33
Total score 103

Player 2

Chosen single: Wonder by Naughty Boy (76)
Week

Position
05/10/2013 76
12/10/2013 72
19/10/2013 84
26/10/2013 DROPOUT
Non charting weeks 1 (-50)
Total score 182

Player 2 only got his single to chart on 3 of the required 4 weeks, so his subtotal will have 50 points taken off it. This gives him a total of 182 points. However, he still wins, beating Player 1's 103 points

Swingles
I got the idea for this game by incorrectly spelling "singles" laugh.gif

Introduction

Swingles is a prediction game where you predict any song from the 41-100 part of the current UK Singles Top 100. You then predict how many weeks you want to predict it for. The aim is to predict the single which you think will make the least change in the chart, i.e. you are hoping for it to be a non-mover next week and not make a big climb or fall.

Rules

You can only choose a single from positions 41-100 on the UK Singles Chart.
You may not change your prediction after the following Sunday at 4:00PM.
Your predicted number of weeks must be more than 2, and must be 20 or less.

Note: Do not confuse any scoring language with other UK Singles Chart Wiki games, as the scoring rules differ from game to game.

Scoring

Each player has a starting number of points, depending on the number of predicted weeks (2-20). The way to work out the starting score is the predicted weeks times 50. So 5 weeks would be 250 and 20 weeks would be 1000.

Each week, the change the single has made in the chart affects your total score. The number of positions the single has gone up or down is the number of points taken away from your starting score.

If a single is a non-mover, the player gets a 50 point bonus for each occurrence.
If the single drops out of the Top 100 before the predicted weeks, each extra predicted week is -50 points off your total score.

Example

Player 1 predicts a single which is currentlly at 67.
Performance
Week Status Position
1 ... 67
2 down 2 69
3 down 30 99
4 non-mover 99
5 DROPOUT
Scoring Amount Points
Weeks predicted 5 250
Biggest change down 30
Total change 32 places -32
non-mover BONUS 50 +50
Dropout penalty -50 -50
Total score 218

Remember that getting a non-mover gets you a 50 point bonus. But if your predicted song drops out in your predicted weeks, the penalty is -50 for each extra predicted week.

The Mystery Drop
My newest game idea biggrin.gif You must pick a single in the top 100 which you hope will fall or climb an unknown number of places. The change is determined on the following Sunday top 100, in which the change in positions of all ex-number ones is the change you aim for. A simple game of luck and a slight helping of strategy and risk tongue.gif This game hasn't been tried out yet so feel free to ask questions smile.gif

Top Trumps
If you've played the famous card game, you will have an idea of how to play. There are two types of this game:
Current Top 100
Using just the current top 100 UK Singles Chart, players are randomly selected a song on the chart. Be honest here, as it is no fun to cheat and there is no point in cheating, as there are no awards for winning! Here are the basic rules:

I will use the Random Number Generator to pick who goes first and players use it to randomly pick their singles (out of 100). Players must agree on how many rounds to play.
The first player chooses a category from the list below and states the value of that category chosen of the single:

Peak
Weeks on top 10/40/100
Biggest climb/fall in top 100
Top 100 Debut
Biggest dropout from top 100
Song length (according to Wikipedia or another trusted source)

Any more categories to suggest are welcome biggrin.gif

So when the player calls their single and category and value, the next player must call their value for the category read by player 1 for their single. Whoever has the better value scores 10 points. If there is a tie, players must be randomly selected another single each and start again. The game ends when all the suggested rounds are played and the person with the highest score wins!
All Charts
This variation allows any song from any chart as back as 1952 to be in play. This variation will also make it more likely for songs to be picked which have been in the chart for more weeks.

YouTube Thumbnail Quiz
Every 7 days, I will publish 10 thumbnails from YouTube, all with a difficulty ranging from 1-5 and scoring different points. Players must PM me their guesses and answers are revealed in 7 days time.

As stated above, I do not have the time to host all games, so I thought whichever game has the most votes will be hosted first dance.gif If there are any questions, suggestions or something you don't understand, don't hesitate to post below or message me smile.gif

This post has been edited by hotchoc26: 17th September 2014, 06:58 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jester
post 16th September 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

Just a heads up - we would expect all new games to be discussed with chart mods and myself before being launched - please drop one of us a PM when you decide so it can be discussed.

Thank you.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 16th September 2014, 09:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon

QUOTE(Jester @ Sep 16 2014, 09:01 PM) *
Just a heads up - we would expect all new games to be discussed with chart mods and myself before being launched - please drop one of us a PM when you decide so it can be discussed.

Thank you.

Will do. I apologise for not doing so previously, since I have used forums which do not have a rule of PMing the mods for permissions to start a game sad.gif

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 17th September 2014, 04:04 PM
Post #4
Group icon

I have decided to open the YouTube Thumbnail quiz tomorrow evening, which will run every Thursday assuming I can make the time thinking.gif I will also be running the 4 Pics 1 Song game on Saturdays. The Chart Run Predictions Game will be running every Sunday as usual. I'm quite surprised that 2 people had voted for The Mystery Drop. I thought it would flop tbh with the confusing rule! unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 19th September 2014, 11:27 AM
Post #5
Group icon

Due to the unexpected popularity of The Mystery Drop, I will be hosting the first game on Sunday! yahoo.gif
4 Pics 1 Song will be first played tomorrow.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 29th March 2016, 09:27 PM
Post #6
Group icon

Oh my god laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 29th March 2016, 09:35 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

YouTube Thumbnail Quiz was everything.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 29th March 2016, 09:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Mar 29 2016, 10:35 PM) *
YouTube Thumbnail Quiz was everything.

...Until people worked out they could cheat by image searching the thumbnails kink.gif

+Quote this post
seven.
post 29th March 2016, 09:42 PM
Post #9
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428

We never did get top trumps did we :'''(

+Quote this post
mdh
post 9th July 2016, 07:44 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

We want The Mystery Drop cry.gif >=(

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 10th July 2016, 12:21 AM
Post #11
Group icon

QUOTE(mdna. @ Jul 9 2016, 08:44 AM) *
We want The Mystery Drop cry.gif >=(

omg at this being bumped again laugh.gif

maybe it will come back, I also might return to the chart forum again once Drake's overrated song is off #1 thinking.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 11:12 PM