BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fave Track from True Blue
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
True Blue
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
SamJudd
post Sep 22 2014, 11:17 PM
Post #1
There you go, you're like fireworks...
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Decided to start this up again like I did for her first two albums and simple enough vote for your fave track from this album. Released in June 1986 with producers Stephen Bray and Patrick Leonard, and she also co-produced and co-wrote all the tracks on the album. Deemed as her most girlish album and inspired by her then husband Sean Penn. "True Blue" again brought even more fame and success to Madonna as it topped the charts in 28 countries worldwide and went on to sell over 25 million copies worldwide, becoming the biggest selling album of the year and best selling album by a female artist of the decade. A lot more mature than her previous 2 albums and spawned 5 singles which were all smash hits, "Live To Tell" (UK#2, USA#1), "Papa Don't Preach" (UK#1, USA#1), "True Blue" (UK#1, USA#3), "Open Your Heart" (UK#4, USA#1) and "La Isla Bonita" (UK#1, USA#4).

The album kicks off the ever iconic Papa Don't Preach which was considered controversial at the time, and showing a stronger and more confident vocal, still fantastic to this day. Open Your Heart another anthem that will sure make you get up and dance, the 4th single and fantastic choice. White Heat A great album track, very catchy and even love the cheesy opening line from the movie of the same name. Live To Tell Slowing down the pace with this powerful and moving ballad, that showcased her vocals to it's fullest potential and well deserved smash hit. Where's The Party definately the best non single track on this album, very catchy and fun, addictive hooks and a great beat, if this was a single then it would have definately smashed. True Blue The title track, very girly and sickly sweet, but still fantastic and love the 50's vibe to it, but often overlooked and never been included on any of her Greatest Hits albums. La Isla Bonita Simply beautiful and a fantastic final single to end such a perfect era, love that she takes a risk with it's Spanish sound, but still remains one of her most stunning songs of her career. Jimmy Jimmy the only bad track on the album, okay it's fun and bouncy, but rather stale compared to the rest. Finally Love Makes The World Go Round which ends the album perfectly, something different compared to the rest, but still pop through and through, very camp and wouldn't sound out of place on Eurovision song contest. Glad this wasn't released as the lead single like originally planned.

[b]Madonna Album Winner[/b]

Borderline = 6 Votes

Like A Virgin Album Winner

Into The Groove = 6 Votes

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SweetCandy
post Sep 23 2014, 08:08 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,605

Papa Don't Preach.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 23 2014, 08:11 AM
Post #3
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Papa Don't Preach for me too wub.gif

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Sep 23 2014, 04:01 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

All the singles on this album are excellent so it's hard to pick! I think I'll go with 'Papa Don't Preach', although I've been listening to Something to Remember a lot recently so I've really learnt to love 'Live to Tell' and value its lyrics. wub.gif The non-single tracks are all fun but nothing overly exciting, just nice to hear when listening to the album.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Sep 23 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #5
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

'Papa Don't Preach' very easily. 'Open Your Heart' would be second and i always feel it's deeply underrated because of the other hit singles off the album.

+Quote Post
Insomnio
post Sep 23 2014, 10:01 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 10,742
   No Gallery Pics

The singles are great! I bought this album many years ago. My favourite is "True Blue" because it has a nice rhythm and I like the videoclip too. Greek radio stations still play "La Isla Bonita".

This post has been edited by Insomnio: Sep 23 2014, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Sep 24 2014, 05:49 AM
Post #7
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

"la Isla Bonita" wub.gif

Closely followed by 'Papa Dont Preach', mind you.

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Sep 24 2014, 11:48 AM
Post #8
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Open Your Heart wub.gif

+Quote Post
Simon.
post Sep 24 2014, 05:48 PM
Post #9
Sugar Like Apple Pie
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 126

Easily 'La Isla Bonita'.

+Quote Post
SamJudd
post Sep 24 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #10
There you go, you're like fireworks...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Always loved Open Your Heart on this album, and yes packed with perfect killer singles, Papa Don't Preach a close second, then La Isla Bonita 3rd. Where's The Party is also such a wonderful song

+Quote Post
vibe
post Oct 4 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

So hard to choose

Live to tell smile.gif

+Quote Post
marcin
post Nov 28 2014, 12:44 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 800
   No Gallery Pics

True Blue wub.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 07:18 AM