BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What brought you to the Sugababes forum?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
5 Silas Frøkner
post Sep 23 2014, 04:59 PM
Post #1
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

As Simon said the other day we would really love to bring back the community spirit to this corner of Buzzjack. When I first joined this place was such a great forum to post in and such a great AF. We always encouraged the positive and the negative and when it was Simon&Jark/Simon&Jark&Silas/Simon&Silas running the show it was quite unique for an AF in that it was not just a complete love in.

I can't speak for Simon, but I imagine he'd say something similar, but the reason I'm quite keen to bring back that spirit is because this forum was amazing. It had so many great people posting in it and was so friendly. I do miss that. The girls have gone through a quieter patch as of late so I think it's been a bit more noticeable that this forum has been struggling a little the past 2/3years compared to what it was before. The past few months have been brilliant though and we thank you so much for coming back to us!

Basically, what I hope to achieve here is to find out what brought you to the Sugababes forum on Buzzjack in the first place. Whether it was the sales figures, the chat, the people etc to see if there's something in particular that Simon and I can do again.

The reason I am here is because I was a member of the girls official forum and was told this was the place for midweek info. So I joined and then promptly forgot about it for a wee bit. I came back later and just started chatting with people here that I knew from the official forum and the rest is history. Can't remember how long I've been a Sugamod these days but it's defo been a long ass time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Sep 23 2014, 05:05 PM
Post #2
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

The least favourite song thing bought me back here first
However all the other amazing side topics such as rank the top 10 on sugababes release week and stuff like that has made me stay and add this to my artist forums

Well done Silas and Simon- you have done such an amazing job with this wub.gif

+Quote Post
tommie
post Sep 23 2014, 05:05 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,073
   No Gallery Pics

I got registered to Buzzjack because I'm a bit of a statistics freak.

Got banned from Popjustice for implying that a member posting a picture of eating a banana was reminding me of a b-o-job, so I'll probs be posting here a bit more now. x

(I do laugh at some of the censorship here though - and no, it just makes it sound like "boobjob", well done)

This post has been edited by tommie: Sep 23 2014, 05:06 PM

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Sep 23 2014, 06:44 PM
Post #4
Girl, put in work.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I used to be a member of a Dutch Sugababes forum which stopped shortly before or after I joined Buzzjack. I can't even remember the name but I think that Mylan guy, who used to be a mod here, ran it.

I was looking for UK sales info on the Sugababes and I stumbled upon this place. I can't remember much of my first few months here. Apparently I only joined a week before 'Wear My Kiss' was released but in my memory it seems like I was also here when 'About a Girl' and 'Get Sexy' were released (maybe I was just lurking and wasn't a member?).

The Sugababes will probably always be my favorite girlband. They have something special. It was the combination of their voices, especially Heidi's middle 8s, which added something to the songs. It's too bad they crashed and burned the way they did. Everything post- Catfights should be erased and started over replay it from the past, confusing what we had. The whole Keisha-gate didn't do any member any favors.

I disliked Amelle and Heidi for throwing Keisha out
I started to dislike Keisha because of her attitude
I started to dislike Mutya for her comments and actions (good luck using that name on toilet paper),
and I disliked Jade just for being there.
Siobhán is the only one I didn't dislike over the years but, and I love 'One Touch', then again she wasn't part of the Sugababes in their heyday.

It's a good thing that the forum is a little more active again, although I wish that it didn't come with a bittersweet feeling of wanting back what they once were. I just can't get excited about MKS, considering the circumstances under which they got back together and their pretty lackluster comeback single.

I'm derailing this thread laugh.gif

To sum up: I joined for sales info.

+Quote Post
MARIAH.
post Sep 23 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #5
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

I think I visited here fairly regularly in the 'Sweet 7' era, but what's brought me back recently is the "Least favourite" game. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Steve D
post Sep 23 2014, 09:43 PM
Post #6
Is a Moderator :o
Member No.: 7,757

I was originally can here after either being a member of or just visiting the official forum and hearing about this place, I joined pretty much straight away as I found the place less muddled up than the official one.

+Quote Post
Coral5
post Sep 24 2014, 10:37 AM
Post #7
PTTP
Group: Banned
Member No.: 16,865
   No Gallery Pics

After the permanent ban on UKMix ( cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif which still the best and my favourite music forum) I did some charts stats threads for Vanity Fair forum. Unfortunately I didn't save them on my PC and most information was lost. Only Sugababes and Katy Perry topics survived. After the end of Vanity Fair I found Sugababes artist forum on Buzzjack. All Sugababes charts information was posted by me here in two separated threads (also it were my first posts on Buzzjack).

Sugababes was my # 1 favourite girl band in past, it's YVA now.

This post has been edited by AlexRange: Sep 24 2014, 10:39 AM

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Sep 24 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #8
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

It was there when Buzzjack started and we only had a few artist forums, I remember being excited about the release of 'Red Dress'.

+Quote Post
Simon.
post Sep 24 2014, 05:34 PM
Post #9
Sugar Like Apple Pie
Member No.: 126

I remember being here around the release of 'Red Dress' also, might have even been 'Ugly' or it was Coolclarity perhaps when 'Ugly' was released? I basically came to mooch for sales and yet still here now laugh.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Sep 24 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #10
Surfing in paradise

Wow, was Red Dress really March 2006? ohmy.gif Christ that was ages ago!

+Quote Post
Simon.
post Sep 24 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #11
Sugar Like Apple Pie

Scary that, a whole 8 years, be a decade before we know it.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Sep 24 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #12
Surfing in paradise

I can't believe how old 2.0's material is. I've spent half my life adoring this band, literally half my life.

+Quote Post
Simon.
post Sep 24 2014, 09:28 PM
Post #13
Sugar Like Apple Pie

QUOTE(Silas @ Sep 24 2014, 10:18 PM) *
I can't believe how old 2.0's material is. I've spent half my life adoring this band, literally half my life.

Oh my god don't say that, I now feel so old laugh.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Sep 24 2014, 09:30 PM
Post #14
Surfing in paradise

I was ID'ing people the other week who were born in 1996. I was almost crying as I served them sad.gif

+Quote Post
Simon.
post Sep 24 2014, 09:36 PM
Post #15
Sugar Like Apple Pie

THAT IS FOUL. I'm not coming back into this thread until it's about something else cry.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 04:11 AM