BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Time management~, ...goes by so slowly...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Sep 23 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Hii.

With most of us now getting into the thick of WORK/UNI/SCHOOL season, how good are you at managing your time? Are you a severe procrastinator, or an efficient bean?

How effective or ineffective are you with managing time. Do you have a good work/life/play balance sorted? Work in the week, party on the weekend?

I am now in the thick of my course and already falling behind because of bad time management, which is the one thing that has been hammered into me since starting. I tend to get distracted while working, and make tasks drag out far longer than they should. But i am rectifying that (after i make this post!!1) because i want to get my work/life/play balance in order so i can enjoy myself when i'm not working. Not happening atm because i don't want to PLAY while feeling guilty about having done no work. Oops.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Sep 23 2014, 05:29 PM
Post #2
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I'm a severe procrastinator sad.gif

I always do the work but it takes me FAR longer than it should.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Sep 23 2014, 05:30 PM
Post #3
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,421

I'm sure I've done this thread before but I'll let you off Hausy..

Anyway I'm sure I've said many times before that I'm absolutely horrendous with my time management and really really envy those who manage to get everything I could dream of getting done and more in a day. So no tips fro me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Sep 23 2014, 05:33 PM
Post #4
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Kl▲mzee @ Sep 23 2014, 06:30 PM) *
I'm sure I've done this thread before but I'll let you off Hausy..

Anyway I'm sure I've said many times before that I'm absolutely horrendous with my time management and really really envy those who manage to get everything I could dream of getting done and more in a day. So no tips fro me laugh.gif

*from.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Sep 23 2014, 05:34 PM
Post #5
Henrietta R Hippo

It's more the fact that something that could take me 30 minutes is taking 10 times as long because i do a few minutes work and then 5 minutes procrastinating instead of 30 minutes work then an evening of free time sad.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Sep 23 2014, 05:36 PM
Post #6
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I'm terrible with time management at work. I always underestimate the length of tasks and end up taking forever. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Math ☂
post Sep 23 2014, 05:37 PM
Post #7
come on down to south park
Member No.: 19,852
   No Gallery Pics

I always think something will take half as long as it will. Every time something takes longer then I expect I slack off for some reason and it gets done even slower drama.gif

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post Sep 23 2014, 05:37 PM
Post #8
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

I'm currently in my uni library, had finally got in the mind-frame 15 minutes ago to do some work after hours of procrastinating, soon got bored and logged on here, saw this thread and now I'm posting in it having instantly determined that to be a good use of my time.

sad.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Sep 23 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #9
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Noahspike @ Sep 23 2014, 06:37 PM) *
I'm currently in my uni library, had finally got in the mind-frame 15 minutes ago to do some work after hours of procrastinating, soon got bored and logged on here, saw this thread and now I'm posting in it having instantly determined that to be a good use of my time.

sad.gif

I aim to drag you all down with me. If i'm not getting work done, no one is.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Sep 23 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #10
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

Also when do the deliveries in work, the smallest ones take just over an hour to put away but they should take less time than that. I stand there for like half an hour thinking where the hell am I gonna fit all this kink.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Sep 23 2014, 06:17 PM
Post #11
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I have too much free time. I just got back to college today and only 2 days a week. This explains why I post so many games here! kink.gif coffee.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Sep 23 2014, 06:30 PM
Post #12
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I really need to sort out my time management but I haven't got the time at the moment drama.gif

I'm pretty infamous for not sticking to self imposed deadlines. I just get distracted by one of the million other things in my life. This weekend I'm just going to chill out and try to sort out the balance in my life

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Sep 23 2014, 06:34 PM
Post #13
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Slightly deviates from the topic but time management of others irritates me - especially when you make plans and the person you've made plans with is always notoriously late without fail.

+Quote Post
Harve
post Sep 24 2014, 01:40 AM
Post #14
when I notice the world is falling apart I will run a bath
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

In the last week I feel like I've got WAY way better (Erasmus admin/bank accounts/timetable management/getting signatures for forms from 3 different people in 2 different countries/everything that I don't even wanna think about is HELL), but there's still so much to do so I don't feel very rewarded for my improvement. sad.gif BLAH. Maybe I'll revert back to my old ways~

For me it's important to tell myself that if I'm gonna go into my room to respond to emails/FB messages, I give myself a set time to do it and I achieve exactly what I intended. Messing about on this site or reddit is so refreshing, but for me it can last a whole day which isn't good at all.

This post has been edited by Harve: Sep 24 2014, 01:42 AM

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Sep 24 2014, 05:36 AM
Post #15
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Member No.: 67

I'm procrastinating this moment. I should be asleep as I have to be at work early. But, who can think about sleep when you are occupied with realizing how you didn't miss MUCH AT ALL, while watching mis-teeq videos on YouTube???

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Sep 24 2014, 01:37 PM
Post #16
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I have a thing where I will never or very rarely actually miss a deadline but only start doing work at the latest possible time for it to be completed. Which works, as deadlines do stick in my mind and I'm very rarely caught short, but it does mean I'm rushing through work as the deadline approaches, leaving me burnt out for a couple of days afterwards.

May have to TRY copy Harve on this as it is where a lot of my time goes:

QUOTE(Harve @ Sep 24 2014, 02:40 AM) *
For me it's important to tell myself that if I'm gonna go into my room to respond to emails/FB messages, I give myself a set time to do it and I achieve exactly what I intended. Messing about on this site or reddit is so refreshing, but for me it can last a whole day which isn't good at all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 10:53 PM