BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where do you see yourself...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Oct 5 2014, 10:19 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

... in 1, 5 and 10 years time ohmy.gif

Be as realistic or wildly idealistic as you can ~

1 year - doing my NQT (newly qualified teacher) year in LDN very hopefully
5 years - in a secure and enjoyable career anywhere in the country (still in LDN if i'm enjoying it as much as i think i would) / hopefully in a lasting relationship Lol
10 years - living and teaching in Canada / settled down PROPERLY, perhaps with a few little hauses running around scary times...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sugarplumberella
post Oct 5 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #2
controlo qualquer um com a minha bruxaria
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

1 year - moved to LDN and going through my daniella westbrook phase of substance abuse, scraping together pennies and having the freshers style hot mess laugh i never got to have. hopefully able to have the confidence to express myself and be the person i truly want to be as well.
5 years - settled down doing something really creative with an established friends group of people who i am connected with and feel myself around. hopefully also in a lasting relationship.
10 years - travel and be well versed in life and intellectual - knowing the past and present and being clued in. maybe have a few languages learned under my belt. wake up in the morning and not feel dread for where i'm about to work. have that feeling of true comfort and contentness in my gut.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Oct 5 2014, 10:54 PM
Post #3
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

hmm, this is something I've not properly considered so liable to change, but vaguely speaking

1 year - still Uni, so not much change there. Attempting to do third year without going (any further) insane.
5 years - Relatively settled in a job either in Brighton still or London if a miracle happens between now and then and I can get a place to stay
10 years - To be in some kind of long term relationship maybe? IDEK. Hopefully by 29 have my own, even if it's small and rented, place and be relatively settled in a career.

I don't know if Ive said anything worthwile, but thems be my thoughts.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 6 2014, 07:39 AM
Post #4
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

1 year - In my third year (and final) of undergraduate study.
5 years - hopefully in my first choice of job as a FE teacher/lecturer.
10 years - Settled down with a studio flat on my own, ideally somewhere close to Brighton but highly unlikely!

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Oct 6 2014, 07:56 AM
Post #5
ya ya ya i am lorde
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

1yr - still in this shithole
5yrs - hopefully move abroad by then finally
10yrs - OD (on sex~)

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Oct 6 2014, 04:02 PM
Post #6
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

I'm struggling on where I see myself this time next year, I'm going to assume that I will still be at University but I don't know for sure what I actually want to do with my life.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 6 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #7
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

1yr: 2nd year at uni hopefully
5yrs: Hopefully final year at uni or else 5th. I'mhoping to have calmed down a little by then, especially on the going out part laugh.gif
10yrs: I better have settled down by then or else I don't think it'll happen. Also I probably moved back to The Netherlands then and hopefully have a full time job as a vet with my own place a car, the usual

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 6 2014, 04:20 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

1 yr: Hopefully A2 results went well and I'm well into my first year at Uni!
5 yrs: Unlike my dad at 22 I most probably won't already have a child! Hopefully now that I'd have finished Uni for over a year, in the middle of working my way up to where I want to be.
10 yrs: Hopefully in a loving relationship at 27, loving my career, surrounded by great people and just generally content with life. (& waiting for Avatar 3 ofc)

Now for these thing to actually happen plz

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Oct 6 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #9
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

1 year: Second and final year of my apprenticeship, working on a variety of placements and still enjoying the job
5 years: Hopefully a station supervisor / train operator / line controller or something for TfL? Higher grade//higher paid than CSA
10 years: Same job but very secure in terms of money, my own place (not rented), world traveller in my leisure time

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Oct 6 2014, 09:02 PM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I always hate questions like this:

1 year - Masters will be finished, I like to think I'd be employed somewhere, but may just still be looking.
5 years - Welllll, depending on what happens next year, maybe attempting to start a PhD or I may have found permanant employment in another job I like in the same industry or similar, I dunno, ask me this question in a year as it really hinges on what happens next year.
10 years - See above, hopefully would have had some luck on the romance side of things as well , living in my own place in London and seen Canada.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Oct 6 2014, 09:03 PM

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Oct 6 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #11
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Oct 6 2014, 10:02 PM) *
I always hate questions like this:

1 year - Masters will be finished, I like to think I'd be employed somewhere, but may just still be looking.
5 years - Welllll, depending on what happens next year, maybe attempting to start a PhD or I may have found permanant employment in another job I like in the same industry or similar, I dunno, ask me this question in a year as it really hinges on what happens next year.
10 years - See above, hopefully would have had some luck on the romance side of things as well , living in my own place in London and seen Canada.

We share some similar future paths, maybe ohmy.gif let's do them together ~ (talking about the LDN/Canada things not the romance, calm down... heehee.gif)

+Quote Post
152chris
post Oct 6 2014, 10:36 PM
Post #12
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

france
denmark
the moon

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Oct 6 2014, 10:45 PM
Post #13
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofAquarius @ Oct 6 2014, 11:25 PM) *
We share some similar future paths, maybe ohmy.gif let's do them together ~ (talking about the LDN/Canada things not the romance, calm down... heehee.gif)

I'm doing a Film Studies Masters as (I believe?) you did so yes maybe ohmy.gif I'd quite like to go into teaching too, though FE/HE only definitely as I could never cope with ages below that!

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Oct 6 2014, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 6 2014, 10:45 PM
Post #14
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

God you lot are so YOUNG. It's like looking back at me in 2004 -

Anyway I really dislike thinking about the future, I can barely manage looking 1 month ahead without stressing out, let alone think about the distant future but here goes.

1 Year: I'd like to further my career, I've tried many times applying for more senior positions but have failed each time - the most upsetting one was applying for LHR forecaster as I'd really worked hard for that interview and wanted to work at a big airport/high pressured job to see how I'd cope. Failing that, I would like to do what I'm currently doing as I enjoy it, live in a great area and enjoy life. I'd like to not be single anymore too.

5 Years: Looking further ahead, I'd one day like to work at NWS/NOAA in America - preferably at the Storm Prediction Center. Something different anyway, new challenges.

10 Years: Too far ahead, I can't imagine it. It's the year 2024 and no doubt "Happy" will be on its 575th week in the Top 40 and Bre will be presenting the chart show on Radio 1. This year is too strange, can I come back now?

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Oct 6 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #15
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

1 year - Master's degree I suppose? Been having doubts about even THAT recently with the Year 3 workload.
5 years - Holding a steady job, somewhere, where doesn't matter, nor really what at this stage, yeah that's how vague the future looks when I don't even have a clear picture of what'll happen in 2 years. Hopefully a decent social life to go with it.
10 years - Who on earth knows? Basically the same as above but with 5 extra years added on. God that sounds depressing, but thankfully it's also very vague and malleable.

I'm going through a 'almost-not-an-undergrad' existential crisis, in case you couldn't tell.

+Quote Post
James1987
post Oct 6 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 19,531

QUOTE(DonaldDuck @ Oct 6 2014, 05:02 PM) *
I'm struggling on where I see myself this time next year, I'm going to assume that I will still be at University but I don't know for sure what I actually want to do with my life.

Same for me! Ever since I left Uni I've kept saying I'll apply for my teacher training course but working as a manager in retail kind of puts a stop to any social time as I'm too knackered to do anything!

That and I'm about to start a new job soon so my current plans are a bit all over the place but I'm just hoping for these 2 goals:

- 1 year: To go to the gym as often as possible to get a decent looking body for my holiday next July!!
- 5 years: I'm in some kind of a relationship (i'll take any offers i'm really not bothered!) and moved out of home and in my own place would be amazing!!

In 10 years time ill be nearing the big 4-0...Christ that's depressing smile.gif

This post has been edited by James1987: Oct 6 2014, 11:56 PM

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Oct 7 2014, 04:00 AM
Post #17
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(152chris @ Oct 7 2014, 02:36 AM) *
france
denmark
the moon

best answer yet

does the moon have an exchange program yet?

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Oct 7 2014, 06:42 AM
Post #18
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Oct 6 2014, 11:45 PM) *
I'm doing a Film Studies Masters as (I believe?) you did so yes maybe ohmy.gif I'd quite like to go into teaching too, though FE/HE only definitely as I could never cope with ages below that!

I did!!

I was in your exact position 2 years ago and funnily was also considering a PhD or secondary education too at that point but it was only when i went to the first PhD meeting that i got scared off that (you need a TONNE of work/research/ideas for the application alone, so get on it!) and only after spending a week in a secondary school (where the children were all twice the size of me) that i opted for where i am now.

Shows that there is room for change and you just need to have an open mind and get experience wherever you can or you won't really know what they're like. Keep me updated on what you do though, because as i said our paths are very similar ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Oct 8 2014, 12:18 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Oct 6 2014, 11:45 PM) *
God you lot are so YOUNG. It's like looking back at me in 2004 -

Anyway I really dislike thinking about the future, I can barely manage looking 1 month ahead without stressing out, let alone think about the distant future but here goes.

1 Year: I'd like to further my career, I've tried many times applying for more senior positions but have failed each time - the most upsetting one was applying for LHR forecaster as I'd really worked hard for that interview and wanted to work at a big airport/high pressured job to see how I'd cope. Failing that, I would like to do what I'm currently doing as I enjoy it, live in a great area and enjoy life. I'd like to not be single anymore too.

5 Years: Looking further ahead, I'd one day like to work at NWS/NOAA in America - preferably at the Storm Prediction Center. Something different anyway, new challenges.

10 Years: Too far ahead, I can't imagine it. It's the year 2024 and no doubt "Happy" will be on its 575th week in the Top 40 and Bre will be presenting the chart show on Radio 1. This year is too strange, can I come back now?

That could happen laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 08:38 PM