BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would you stop listening to music if LAST.FM died???
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Oct 13 2014, 07:45 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

LAST.FM is slowly dying (apparently)

Last.fm Posts Further Loss as Revenues Slide

Last.fm recorded a loss of 2.1 million ($3.4 million) in 2013, as revenues slumped by more than 20 percent year-on-year from 6.4 million ($10.3 million) to 4.9 million ($7.9 million). In line with the fall in sales, staff numbers at the CBS-owned, London-based company fell from 61 to 35 over the same period, with the majority of staff redundancies coming from technical roles.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news...-revenues-slide

Would you stop listening to music altogether if it died because i ONLY listen to music if it scrobbles right now and i don't think i can do it any other way. Music sounds so much sweeter if it is tallying up plays somewhere.

They could cut the streaming part to save money! Does anyone even stream off it anyway?

Lighting Alejandro candles and praying it stays open forever and ever. Stay brave.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Oct 13 2014, 07:50 PM
Post #2
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I would be gutted if Last.fm ceased to exist, I think I would actually cry. cry.gif

Although I scrobble all my plays, of course it wouldn't affect how I listen to music.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Oct 13 2014, 07:50 PM
Post #3
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I would feel very lost without it sad.gif But I wouldn't stop listening, no way, I'd just miss having a nice tally for my plays, can't think how I coped before cry.gif

+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post Oct 13 2014, 07:52 PM
Post #4
a.k.a. Marina XCX
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,335

Oh no, terrible news sad.gif. I've been a last.fm user for about 7 years now and I'm still as addicted as ever. But, surely there has to be another website that tracks your plays? sad.gif

+Quote Post
dancember
post Oct 13 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #5
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

wait WHAT? We can't have the last.fm scrobbler die, how else am I gonna know how many times I've played a song? drama.gif drama.gif drama.gif I'm not even being sarcastic here, I absolutely love keeping track of my play count and Spotify don't do that.

I don't wanna have to MANUALLY count my plays but that's what I'll have to do if the scrobbler is no more.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Oct 13 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Everyone seems to love the scrobbling, but as much as I love that too (even though my plays aren't accurate, stupid thing keeps skipping some plays), I also love the shoutbox! It's amazing to have one good place online where people come together to voice their opinions on any given song, artist, or album.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Oct 13 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #7
Henrietta R Hippo

Devastated would be an understatement if the decline continues and the unthinkable happened. I am saving my pennies to buy it if that's what it takes. I can happily ditch my current profession if it means i don't lose my stats here sad.gif

It's not even just my own plays i love tracking, it's EVERYONE'S. Yes i stalk each and every one of you scarily regularly. I sometimes know what you're going to hear before you actually hear it yourself drama.gif And artist stats too. SO MUCH TO LOSE we need to keep it alive.

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Oct 13 2014, 07:58 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Mattias @ Oct 13 2014, 08:55 PM) *
Everyone seems to love the scrobbling, but as much as I love that too (even though my plays aren't accurate, stupid thing keeps skipping some plays), I also love the shoutbox! It's amazing to have one good place online where people come together to voice their opinions on any given song, artist, or album.

I don't like the shoutboxes on Last.fm pages, mainly because it's always ruined by schools of idiotic people posting something like this over and over:

BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM!!!!!1111 SO FREAKIN' ACE!!!!!111 [37]

To the point where the entire page is full of just that, it contributes nothing. sad.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Oct 13 2014, 08:00 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mr_aly @ Oct 13 2014, 08:58 PM) *
I don't like the shoutboxes on Last.fm pages, mainly because it's always ruined by schools of idiotic people posting something like this over and over:

BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM!!!!!1111 SO FREAKIN' ACE!!!!!111 [37]

To the point where the entire page is full of just that, it contributes nothing. sad.gif

I've seen plenty of good ones!

+Quote Post
dancember
post Oct 13 2014, 08:00 PM
Post #10
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofAquarius @ Oct 13 2014, 08:57 PM) *
It's not even just my own plays i love tracking, it's EVERYONE'S. Yes i stalk each and every one of you scarily regularly. I sometimes know what you're going to hear before you actually hear it yourself drama.gif And artist stats too. SO MUCH TO LOSE we need to keep it alive.

am I on the stalking list? ohmy.gif

although you probably don't need to stalk me to guess who my top artist is laugh.gif the song is probably easy to guess too as it's from said artist

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 13 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #11
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

I wouldn't really care. laugh.gif It's not like it is all that great.

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Oct 13 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #12
Girl, put in work.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I have never used it and I barely know what it does. Does it also scrobble if you play your CDs on stereo? Because if it doesn't then it's not gonna be representative anyway.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 13 2014, 08:02 PM
Post #13
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(HausofAquarius @ Oct 13 2014, 07:57 PM) *
Devastated would be an understatement if the decline continues and the unthinkable happened. I am saving my pennies to buy it if that's what it takes. I can happily ditch my current profession if it means i don't lose my stats here sad.gif

I got you bb, we shall mourn together

You are not alone cry.gif

(But seriously I would never be able to delete any song from my iTunes library, because I don't wanna lose the stats sad.gif)

This post has been edited by *Tim: Oct 13 2014, 08:04 PM

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Oct 13 2014, 08:02 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Regina @ Oct 13 2014, 09:01 PM) *
I wouldn't really care. laugh.gif It's not like it is all that great.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Oct 13 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #15
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Only when the UNHOLY TRINITY of MUSICAL ARMAGEDDON release their unadulterated wannabe-cool/ hispter/ Adele SHIT on the world like OMG SCREECH/ WHINE/ WHEN I WAS YOUR ADELE triumvirate of HUMAN SHOITE!

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Oct 13 2014, 08:07 PM
Post #16
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(►▲N @ Oct 13 2014, 09:00 PM) *
am I on the stalking list? ohmy.gif

although you probably don't need to stalk me to guess who my top artist is laugh.gif the song is probably easy to guess too as it's from said artist

You are HOT on it. A harder question would have been which of you do i not stalk

QUOTE(Atonement @ Oct 13 2014, 09:01 PM) *
I have never used it and I barely know what it does. Does it also scrobble if you play your CDs on stereo? Because if it doesn't then it's not gonna be representative anyway.

It doesn't, unfortunately. And that is one of the reasons i don't listen to CDs oops~

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Oct 13 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(#IMPACT!! @ Oct 13 2014, 09:03 PM) *
Only when the UNHOLY TRINITY of MUSICAL ARMAGEDDON release their unadulterated wannabe-cool/ hispter/ Adele SHIT on the world like OMG SCREECH/ WHINE/ WHEN I WAS YOUR ADELE triumvirate of HUMAN SHOITE!

As a punishment for constantly soiling Buzzjack with irrelevant posts like this which not only make no sense, but aren't even relevant to the topic at hand, I propose that we strap Michael to a chair and play those 3 songs on repeat to him for a full 24 hours.

It's only right.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Oct 13 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #18
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(mr_aly @ Oct 13 2014, 09:08 PM) *
As a punishment for constantly soiling Buzzjack with irrelevant posts like this which not only make no sense, but aren't even relevant to the topic at hand, I propose that we strap Michael to a chair and play those 3 songs on repeat to him for a full 24 hours.

It's only right.

And make them scrobble with untidy/inaccurate tags for further punishment? magic.gif (too far :/)

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 13 2014, 08:11 PM
Post #19
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(HausofAquarius @ Oct 13 2014, 08:07 PM) *
You are HOT on it. A harder question would have been which of you do i not stalk

Me?

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Oct 13 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mattias @ Oct 13 2014, 08:55 PM) *
It's amazing to have one good place online where people come together to voice their opinions on any given song, artist, or album.

looool, I realized it seems like I'm shading Buzzjack here laugh.gif But I'm not. Love you guys.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 06:04 PM