BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kesha sues Dr. Luke for sexual assault and battery
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Oct 14 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Kesha was sexually, physically, verbally and emotionally abused for 10 years by her producer, Dr. Luke, to the point where she nearly died.

According to a new lawsuit -- obtained by TMZ -- Kesha claims Dr. Luke was abusive towards her almost from the get-go -- when she signed on with him at 18 -- and made repeated sexual advances toward her. She claims he would force her to use drugs and alcohol to remove her defenses.

In one instance, Kesha claims he forced her to snort something before getting on a plane … and during the trip he forced himself on her while she was drugged.

On another occasion, Kesha claims after forcing her to drink with him, Dr. Luke gave her what he called "sober pills." Kesha claims she woke up the following afternoon, naked in Dr. Luke's bed, sore, sick … and with no memory of how she got there.

Kesha says the alleged abuse led to her eating disorder -- a story TMZ broke earlier this year. She claims Dr. Luke said, among other things, "You are not that pretty, you are not that talented, you are just lucky to have me." As we reported, she claims he called her "a fat f***ing refrigerator."

Kesha also says there was physical abuse ... once she says he attacked her at his Malibu house where he was "violently thrashing his arms at her." She says she escaped and ran barefoot down PCH and hid in the mountains.

Kesha is asking a judge to let her out of her contract with Luke.

Kesha's lawyer, Mark Geragos, tells TMZ ... "This lawsuit is a wholehearted effort by Kesha to regain control of her music career and her personal freedom after suffering for ten years as a victim of mental manipulation, emotional abuse and an instance of sexual assault at the hands of Dr. Luke."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/14/kesha-sexual.../#ixzz3G8fG0g31

Can't quite believe it. Absolutely devastated for her if this is true.

Gah.

://
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 14 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #2
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

I felt sick to my stomach reading this tbh, for 10 goddamn years.
If this is true (and I highly doubt Kesha would lie about it) I hope he ends up in jail and paying her a massive amount of money.

But I dn't think they can prove anything so sad.gif

(Change the $ B. She is no longer known like that)

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Oct 14 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #3
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I'm gutted for her too, I admire her for being so strong about this until now as well. What a horrible man.

I hope above all she can get justice and that everything works out well for her from here on in, lord knows she deserves it.

+Quote Post
jjake
post Oct 14 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #4
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

Why would you not go to the police and seek prison time if such a terrible crime had been committed? Stop such a heinous character possibly praying on other innocent people. It seems the key thing she wants here is to get out of her contract with him. It doesn't quite add up and as always there are two sides to every story and I find it interesting this has so easily leaked out to tmz...

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 14 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #5
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

Well many abuse victims are affraid of going to the police and or ashamed of telling.

Also her career depended on it at that moment

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Oct 14 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #6
Henrietta R Hippo

I can't for a second see this being made up or fabricated, but obviously the media have to stress "allegedly" until he is proven guilty.

Such a vivacious, talented and beautiful woman. Shows this sort of nightmare can happen to anyone, even the ones that are the most confident and happy on the outside.

As said, speechless.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Oct 14 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #7
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Oct 14 2014, 05:56 PM) *
Why would you not go to the police and seek prison time if such a terrible crime had been committed? Stop such a heinous character possibly praying on other innocent people. It seems the key thing she wants here is to get out of her contract with him. It doesn't quite add up and as always there are two sides to every story and I find it interesting this has so easily leaked out to tmz...

Well i think it's easier said than done, as onlookers not knowing the situation. So many other cases like this go undetected for years too, so those in the limelight aren't immune to it or they don't have extra willpower to fight back.

Of course it's related to her career too. Just like it would be for any person that has been abused by their boss in the working world, so it shouldn't be any different for a popstar as that is her livelihood at the end of the day and how she makes her money.

+Quote Post
Math ☂
post Oct 14 2014, 05:09 PM
Post #8
come on down to south park
Member No.: 19,852
   No Gallery Pics

Oh my god. I knew there was something wrong behind the scenes but this makes me sick. Poor girl sad.gif

+Quote Post
dancember
post Oct 14 2014, 05:22 PM
Post #9
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

mellow.gif

how terrible for her, no one should have to go through being abused like that in order to keep their job.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 14 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #10
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Oct 14 2014, 06:10 PM
Post #11
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I had a feeling we'd be hearing more about this story when I saw her mum on Twitter post these tweets months ago:

https://twitter.com/grannywrapper/status/421808728401137664

https://twitter.com/grannywrapper/status/421808474314801152

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 14 2014, 06:26 PM
Post #12
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

Kesha is a liar who is making up stories just so she can get out of her legally binding contract with Dr. Luke ... and she tried extorting him to boot ... this according to a new lawsuit.

But in Luke's lawsuit ... he says the pack of lies is being engineered by Kesha's mother, Pebe and Kesha's new management firm. Luke claims Kesha tried to extort him by threatening to spread lies about him to a blogger who started a "Free Kesha" website unless he released her from her recording contract.

And Luke's says in his lawsuit he's had a copy of a draft of Kesha's new abuse lawsuit for months, and she was threatening to file it if he didn't release her. In other words, he's alleging more extortion.

Lepera says Kesha and her mom have already admitted the statements are false.

This is gon' get real nasty

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 14 2014, 07:39 PM
Post #13
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

Sorry for spamming this thread, but the full document can be found here. https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/242986445...iew_mode=scroll
Absolutely vile and disgusting.I'm hlafway through and about to throw up

This post has been edited by *Tim: Oct 14 2014, 07:40 PM

+Quote Post
Jack
post Oct 14 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Absolutely disgusting if it is true, I knew there was something a bit off with her. sad.gif Bless her, hope she pulls through okay.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 14 2014, 08:07 PM
Post #15
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Oh my this is horrible sad.gif I knew she was going through a rough time but this is horrible to hear, really hope she's alright :/

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Oct 14 2014, 08:12 PM
Post #16
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Can I just say, what Jake says is probably likely to be true. While this may or may not be true, it definitely is JUST allegations at the moment.

The US is just so different with their lawsuits for them to be able to go to the courts. If this has been true then why no police? Why a vicious lawsuit? Just to be right now, it really does seem like an extreme way to get out of a contract.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Oct 14 2014, 09:40 PM
Post #17
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Oct 14 2014, 05:56 PM) *

Really? In a society where sexual assault and rape are so prevalent, where convictions are so low, where the police are notorious for not taking accusations seriously or for victim blaming, it's more than understandable that somebody wouldn't act totally rationally in going straight to the police on something like this. Not least because it involves exposing yourself to the excoriation and judgements of the media and millions of armchair commentators who take it upon themselves to decide what counts as sexual assault and what doesn't and who victim blame and $l*t shame viciously any woman who has to go through a case like this.

I'm actually a bit disappointed that this is your immediate reaction.

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Oct 14 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #18
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

This is truly horrible. Feel so bad for her sad.gif Read through the entire document Tim posted and it just seems so brutal and inhumane that she was held against her will under the threat that if she had said anything her career could've also been driven into the water

+Quote Post
jjake
post Oct 14 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #19
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(Kärenfanghoney @ Oct 14 2014, 10:40 PM) *
Really? In a society where sexual assault and rape are so prevalent, where convictions are so low, where the police are notorious for not taking accusations seriously or for victim blaming, it's more than understandable that somebody wouldn't act totally rationally in going straight to the police on something like this. Not least because it involves exposing yourself to the excoriation and judgements of the media and millions of armchair commentators who take it upon themselves to decide what counts as sexual assault and what doesn't and who victim blame and $l*t shame viciously any woman who has to go through a case like this.

I'm actually a bit disappointed that this is your immediate reaction.

i'm not suggesting she should have gone straight to the police rather it's how she is dealing with it NOW. when you feel you have the strength to go public you do it by means of suing someone (with what seems to be with the central intention of getting oneself removed from their contract) and leaking the document to tmz.

perhaps i am not clear in how the judiciary works in the states but i'm assuming there will be a judge (or three) deciding whether all these crimes occurred? what is to stop her going to the police now if this man is everything she says he is? it just doesn't add up to me. there may of course and probably is some truth to the situation but to be so high profile and set such a precedent in dealing with serious issues like this, is something i don't agree with.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Oct 14 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #20
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Member No.: 67

#freekesha

This was being discussed at work and one girl said, "ugh her music is going to suck now." Sad that, that is the immediate reaction from some "fans".

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 12:18 PM