BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Annabelle, New supernatural horror film
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post 17th October 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
I watched the official trailer at the cinema. I was so enthusiastic with "The Conjuring" and I guess that "Annabelle" could be good too. The film was released worldwide on October 3, 2014. I don't want to miss this movie for anything! It looks very scary.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
April
post 17th October 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
I'm looking forward to watching this. Maybe on Halloween night? biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 17th October 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #3
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675
Tried to see this with my mate Louise and it sold out by he time we got there ohmy.gif So in demand right now! Can't wait to see it as I will try next weekend

+Quote this post
post 17th October 2014, 08:22 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Pretty good. I had low expectations because the reviews had been so bad, but even though it was nothing new it pleasantly surprised me.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 17th October 2014, 11:57 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
There were some pretty good scenes in this, very jumpy!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 18th October 2014, 02:38 AM
Post #6
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
It was okay.

It seems like all horror movies have the exact same plot though.

+Quote this post
post 20th October 2014, 08:56 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
The best scene in the film was when she was in the lift and it kept opening in the creepy basement . I thought that part was done really well.

Overall it's a 3/5.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 30th October 2014, 11:15 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
I'm glad that all of you liked it!

After the huge success that "The Conjuring" had last year, there was no way that Warner Bros (New Line) would be confined to only one movie. So, the producers released "Annabelle" this year in which there was a reference at the start of "The Conjuring". Basically, it is considered the prequel to "The Conjuring" and I guess that the producers would have guaranteed its success at the cinema. The well-edited official trailer tempt the viewers to go watch it in the cinema halls. Moreover, a few horror films were released in the last few years and horror fans are always looking forward to watch a potentially good scary movie.
"Annabelle" was exactly as I expected it to be. Of course, I was sure that it would be better than dreadful "Paranormal Activity" and miserable "Insidious Chapter 2". It had several frightening scenes especially in the last 45 minutes and the exciting plot kept our interest till the end. It contained some interesting shots and there was a sultry silence during the evolution. John R. Leonetti has directed a few films so far, but he has an extensive experience on the cinematography of many horror movies. He started with the "Childs Play 3" in 1991 and he has prolonged his list of movie hits like "The Conjuring" and two "Insidious" movies in recent years. Although, his two previous directorial jobs were for the Dvd market, I think the success of "Annabelle" will highlight him as a director. Definitely, they would recommend him to direct another similar film. The script had some excesses, but what would you expect from a horror movie. I liked the fact that the two protagonists were not known to the general public because it did seem more realistic than watching two famous star of Hollywood. The performances of the two actors were decent without too much hysteria and melodrama. Only at appropriate moments was it very emotional and it was of course to a certain extent. The photography was quite good and the sound effects used to make the whole atmosphere of the film. I didn't spot anything negative in "Annabelle" which it would be noteworthy but I noticed something that I have seen many times over the years as I have gone to the movies. The viewers of these movies are the most unacceptable. Expect giggles, chewing loudly, talking to each other and large groups like going to court, it seems that there are not fans of this genre. I feel like someone made them watch these movies. Maybe, it the faults of the low ticket price that has accumulated all the silly young people in cinemas since movies cost cheaper than a cofee in a trendy area of my city. However, I find it tragic to go the movies and do not respect their neighbour sitting next to them. If you want to have fun, sit with your friends at home and say that nonsense in your head. It will be for the best of all of us.
"Annabelle" is already a very successful film at the Box Office. With a very low budget ($6.500.000), it has collected about $80 million in the US alone. With total worldwide revenues exceeding $200 million, it is regarded as one of the most profitable films of the year although it received the worst reviews. It also has a fairly low score on IMDb which I do not consider representative. We have seen much worse horror films of the 70s and 80s that are considered cult by a number of people that have crippled "Annabelle". So, when a movie intrigues your interest, it would be the best to judge it entirely by yourself and not be influenced by the sourness of each.

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 8th November 2014, 09:41 PM
Post #9
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675
It was a fun horror film tbh. Some scares were done excellently (neighbours being stabbed whilst the main characters slept really had me screaming and the creature in the dark scene OMG). But some were very predictable and 'silly'. Some parts didn't make sense like how did the murderers at the beginning of the film end up getting into their homes when there was no way they could have without being scene. And some bits were plain stupid, like the ending. So it was a mixed bag for me

This post has been edited by Nelly. S: 8th November 2014, 09:41 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 09:07 AM