BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Predict: Pink Floyd's The Endless River first week
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
rey
post Oct 18 2014, 11:52 AM
Post #1
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,299
   No Gallery Pics

What are your expectations?

This post has been edited by rey: Oct 18 2014, 11:55 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
All★bySmashMouth
post Oct 18 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #2
FM11
Member No.: 7,795

I imagine more than 50k. It's Pink Floyd, it should sell well.

+Quote Post
rey
post Oct 23 2014, 07:39 PM
Post #3
New Entry
Member No.: 21,299
   No Gallery Pics

Pink Floyd's 'The Endless River' on course to become Amazon's most pre-ordered album of all time

Pink Floyd's new album 'The Endless River' could become the most pre-ordered album of all time on Amazon, taking the title from current holders One Direction.

The album will be released on November 10 and, as previously reported, will be the band's last ever release.

A statement from Amazon confirms that 'The Endless River' has today (October 22) become the most pre-ordered album of 2014 so far, over taking Coldplay's 'Ghost Stories'. One Direction's 2013 album 'Midnight Memories' is the online retailer's most pre-ordered album of all time.

Director of Amazon EU Digital Music, Steve Bernstein, commented: "That Pink Floyd's 'The Endless River' could become the most pre-ordered album of all time on Amazon.co.uk, following other artists like One Direction and Robbie Williams who have held that top spot, is a testament to the strength and diversity of the UK music scene."

David Gilmour did, however, add that he may use some sessions he recorded with keyboard player Rick Wright, who died in 2008, for a new solo record. "I have a little bit of Rick playing from my solo stuff that will hopefully appear on my next solo album, but not a Pink Floyd album," he said.

It was previously reported that Stephen Hawking appears on 'The Endless River', contributing to a song titled 'Talkin' Hawkin'.

Former member Roger Waters recently issued an angry statement about his lack of involvement in the album. Waters, who left the band in 1985, issued the message to fans via Facebook after receiving inquiries about his role. Explaining that he has nothing to do with the album and that he is no longer a member of the band, Waters signed off the message by telling people to "get a grip".

This post has been edited by rey: Oct 23 2014, 07:40 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:49 AM