BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Has Ed Miliband & co Stuffed up.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Has Ed Miliband & co Stuffed up.
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
sm1ffj
post Nov 1 2014, 08:22 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629
   No Gallery Pics

With 6 months to go to the election, has Ed Miliband & co stuffed up, will they not win the majority in the election, judging by the news reports as of late.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Nov 1 2014, 09:34 PM
Post #2
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

No they won't win.

The past 8 years have been brutal for Britian. Lots of lows, and not many highs. In 2010 David Cameron really beat a weak Gordon Brown to the pulp. Ed Milliband just doesn't have the conviction to persuade everyone to vote for Labour again. Fully expecting the Labour mass to try and tell me I'm wrong, but truth is with a better leader, I think Labour would win the next election.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Nov 1 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

If Cameron beat Brown to a pulp then how come he didn't win a majority?

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Nov 2 2014, 01:33 AM
Post #4
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Nov 1 2014, 11:51 PM) *
If Cameron beat Brown to a pulp then how come he didn't win a majority?

Because people blindly voted for the Lib Dems to split votes before Clegg messed it all up. That won't happen next year.

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post Nov 2 2014, 01:37 AM
Post #5
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,596

QUOTE(Rooney @ Nov 2 2014, 01:33 AM) *
Because people blindly voted for the Lib Dems to split votes before Clegg messed it all up. That won't happen next year.

No, they'll vote Labour instead.

The poll is a bit one-dimensional. I'm not sure that Labour will get a majority but I'm still fairly confident that they'll end up as the largest party.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Nov 2 2014, 02:11 AM
Post #6
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rooney @ Nov 2 2014, 02:33 AM) *

So Cameron didn't win because people voted for the Lib Dems even though the Lib Dems only gained 1% of the vote?

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Nov 2 2014, 02:12 AM
Post #7
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

Labour will be the biggest party next year. Trust.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Nov 2 2014, 02:27 AM
Post #8
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Qassändra @ Nov 2 2014, 02:11 AM) *
So Cameron didn't win because people voted for the Lib Dems even though the Lib Dems only gained 1% of the vote?

No Cameron won because the Lib Dems shared no confidence in Labour. But the majority of people that voted for the Lib Dems in 2010 will probably not be returning to vote for them. I think it will be close, but back to the original point, Labour would have a much better chance of winning the election if they didn't have such a lifeless leader.

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post Nov 2 2014, 02:34 AM
Post #9
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

What about the potential SNP surge in Scotland?

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Nov 2 2014, 09:05 AM
Post #10
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Let's face it: The conservative party are unlikely to gain any seats (they've already lost 1 before the electioneering has even started!), and Labour probably won't win enough to form a majority government. So we are clearly going to be facing a hung parliament in 2015.

"Has Ed Milliband and co stuffed up?" is a very leading question. I don't think you can answer that until May, and I don't see how 'recent news reports' (aka propaganda from the right-wing press) leads you to that conclusion.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 2 2014, 10:00 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

perhaps a better question would be "has Ed Milliband done enough to convince the electorate who are clearly unhappy with the coalition parties that he will be a terrific/reasonable/passable Prime Minister with policies that will actively help those in need"

The answer at the moment is there are no indications that labour will win the next election - or anyone will. So that's a "no" all round because no one party has the answers to complex ongoing problems, but none are honest enough to stand up and just say what we all know for fear of looking negative.

Until a bold leader stands up and says what needs to be said we're stuck with "hard-working family" bull.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Nov 2 2014, 05:42 PM
Post #12
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

At present I'd guess (read: I am speculating that) that Labour lose the general election the least badly (since I don't really think you can claim the largest party in a hung parliament as a 'victory' but that's neither here nor there). Contrary to what the Tory press seems to think, UKIP will be more of a threat to the Tories but only so much to get around 6 or 7 MPs.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Nov 2 2014, 05:51 PM
Post #13
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

My prediction is that Labour will win the most seats, but not enough for an overall majority. Conservatives 2nd, but not too many seats behind Labour's total. The Lib Dems will be cut down to about 20 seats. UKIP will get about 7 seats (their current sitting MP, plus Reckless, Farage, Nuttall, Diane James plus two others whose names I can't be bothered to look up), Greens with no more than two seats.

I would have liked someone other than Ed Miliband to lead the party into the next election, but a) it would be far too late to replace him now, and b) I doubt that there's any member of Labour who'd be willing to put their hat in the ring now even if they did decide on change.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Nov 2 2014, 07:20 PM
Post #14
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

QUOTE(steve201 @ Nov 2 2014, 02:34 AM) *
What about the potential SNP surge in Scotland?

The surge for SNP in Scotland has been incredible as has the decrease in popularity over Labour.

Very interesting article here http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/297729...-held-tomorrow/

In 2010 SNP had 6 seats in Westminister for Scotland with the expected now being 54. in 2010 Labour had 41 with it now being expected to be 4 which is an incredible decrease.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Nov 2 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #15
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ScoobyDoo @ Nov 2 2014, 08:20 PM) *
The surge for SNP in Scotland has been incredible as has the decrease in popularity over Labour.

Very interesting article here http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/297729...-held-tomorrow/

In 2010 SNP had 6 seats in Westminister for Scotland with the expected now being 54. in 2010 Labour had 41 with it now being expected to be 4 which is an incredible decrease.

That isn't 'the expected'. That's if a. the polling position stays the same way until May, and b. the swing works universally (i.e. the change in numbers and swing happens the same in every single seat). If that happens, I will eat my hat.

There is no chance the SNP will get more seats than Labour in Scotland next year.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Nov 2 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #16
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

QUOTE(ScoobyDoo @ Nov 2 2014, 07:20 PM) *

I think the SNP won't do quite as well as those projections but they'll still make big gains/be the largest Scottish Westminster party. If anybody the Lib Dems will lose out the most in Scotland because other than the highlands their only real strong base of support is the West Country with a few more seats scattered here and there.

Also, this article I thought was very interesting (but perhaps a bit 'entry level' if you're more invested in Politics than me) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/l...horse-race.html

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 03:59 PM