BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artists that you've had a major TURNAROUND for~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Nov 10 2014, 08:36 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Are there any artists that you started out LOATHING but have since gone on to adore, or conversly any artists that you LOVED but have gone on to loathe?

I ask because my appreciation for 'In The Lonely Hour' after despising 'Money On My Mind' means Sam Smith has had one of the biggest turnarounds for me. He made me quite sick during that. I also started out loving Jessie J during 'Do It Like A Dude' and half of the debut album but she's waned on me (despite releasing the odd GEM here and there).

Discuss. ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Nov 10 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #2
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

IGGY AZALEA. Hated Work at first but that grew massively and I've been a huge fan since. Justin Bieber was another too, although I don't think I ever gave him much of a chance for whatever reason.

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 10 2014, 08:41 PM
Post #3
#TeamKrustyKrab
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

Marina and the Diamonds but it wasn't like I didn't like her at first, it's just that I grew up and began to really get into her song early this year wub.gif

Lily Allen is another one, never got the appeal but It's not me, it's you is stunning and so is Sheezus after I had a chance to listen.

IamamIwhoami, used to creep me the hell out (sorry Pavel!), really enjoying the music now and artistic image music.gif

This post has been edited by Nelly. S: Nov 10 2014, 08:41 PM

+Quote Post
Jack
post Nov 10 2014, 08:41 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

CHERYL.

Detested her at first, but now I find myself defending her laugh.gif Call My Name and I Dont Care are great pop songs. I dunno if I would download an album by her though.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Nov 10 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

Robbie Williams I guess. I really couldn't abide him for many years but since his slip from the limelight I started to find him a lot more tolerable and I've bought his last three albums, and enjoyed them. Not really a fan of The Days though, and I technically should be as Avicii is one of my favourite artists but even I can't defend that.

I never really disliked her before Loose but I didn't and still don't really care for Whoa Nelly! and Folklore yet I love everything that Nelly Furtado has put out since, even her Spanish album laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rob S
post Nov 10 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Nelly. S @ Nov 10 2014, 08:41 PM) *
Marina and the Diamonds but it wasn't like I didn't like her at first, it's just that I grew up and began to really get into her song early this year wub.gif

Lily Allen is another one, never got the appeal but It's not me, it's you is stunning and so is Sheezus after I had a chance to listen.

Both of these. Especially Lily Allen. Absolutely can't stand Smile or LDN but The Fear and Not Fair are great and she's been decent last album too excluding SOWK.

The Veronicas probably another one for me. Never got the fuss for Untouched but 4ever, You Ruin Me and If You Love Someone are all fabulous and I'm tempted to check out their full album when it leaks.

This post has been edited by Rob S: Nov 10 2014, 08:46 PM

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Nov 10 2014, 08:48 PM
Post #7
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Ed Sheeran is probably the most major for me. I wasn't a fan when "The A Team" and "Lego House" were constantly on the radio but then "Drunk" came along which I loved, saw him live and he was incredible and I've been a really big fan ever since.

Didn't like Lana based on "Video Games" or "Born To Die" (especially the latter, have a big hate for that song) but I like the singles from the current era and of course "National Anthem" is a huge jam. Similar thing with Lorde based on "Royals" but "Team" is amazing and I'm a fan of her as a person.

As for a turnaround in the other direction, I really went off The Wanted during the last era and they come across as twats aside from Nathan.

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post Nov 10 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #8
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

I'm the same as Bal re: Sam Smith, i.e. disliked 'Money On My Mind' and everything improved since then.

I was fairly indifferent towards Ellie Goulding during her debut era - never got the hype with 'Starry Eyed' particularly, although I do remember liking 'Guns And Horses' quite a bit. She grabbed my attention with 'Lights' (the song) and then 'Halcyon' blew me away from the first listen and remains one of my favourite ever albums. She's been pretty hit and miss for me since then (with the re-release material and features), but I was definitely converted into a fan from a casual follower a few years into her career.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Nov 10 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #9
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

I was completely underwhelmed with Marina's Hollywood and I Am Not a Robot. I thought they were awful. I still dont like either much. Their parent album, however, housed much great music.

I hated Blur in 1994 but that was going on Girls and Boys, Parklife and Tracey Jacks. The rest of the album was wonderful and one of the best of the 90s, which I didn't discover until 1995.

Didn't like what I'd heard of the Manics until Everything Must Go (the single), (which was just three songs, Roses in the Hospital, La Tristessa and Theme from MASH) and obviously went on to completely fall for them.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Nov 10 2014, 08:55 PM
Post #10
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

Iggy Azalea - I didn't give her much notice and thought she was just a one hit wonder, then I listened to Fancy, loved it and the rest is history.

Paloma Faith - I didn't like her at first and when she was on The Voice she spoke about how she'd only met Danny on the day of filming as the adviser and how she didn't think that was right and I just shrugged her off as a bitch. laugh.gif Then I saw interviews of her and fell in love!

This post has been edited by Cameron: Nov 10 2014, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Nov 10 2014, 08:55 PM
Post #11
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Taylor Swift. Up until 'I Knew You Were Trouble.' her only vaguely tolerable song was 'You Belong With Me' but since then I've enjoyed pretty much all of her singles (pretending '22' didn't happen).

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 10 2014, 08:56 PM
Post #12
#TeamKrustyKrab
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofJSG @ Nov 10 2014, 08:36 PM) *
I also started out loving Jessie J during 'Do It Like A Dude' and half of the debut album but she's waned on me (despite releasing the odd GEM here and there).

Exactly the same here ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Nov 10 2014, 09:00 PM
Post #13
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Noahspike @ Nov 10 2014, 08:49 PM) *
I'm the same as Bal re: Sam Smith, i.e. disliked 'Money On My Mind' and everything improved since then.

I was fairly indifferent towards Ellie Goulding during her debut era - never got the hype with 'Starry Eyed' particularly, although I do remember liking 'Guns And Horses' quite a bit. She grabbed my attention with 'Lights' (the song) and then 'Halcyon' blew me away from the first listen and remains one of my favourite ever albums. She's been pretty hit and miss for me since then (with the re-release material and features), but I was definitely converted into a fan from a casual follower a few years into her career.

And i am the same as you re: Ellie ohmy.gif

'Halcyon' was such a mature album compared to the debut though, so it's no wonder it got her so many new fans. The debut was mainly good/decent/forgettable singles, and a whole lot of filler, but the follow up was a wonderfully cohesive piece of work. Agree about 'Starry Eyed', still don't get the hype and always preferred 'Under the Sheets'. And we don't ever talk about what followed 'Halcyon'..

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Nov 10 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #14
I go up, I come down and I'm emptier inside.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

Ed Sheeran - hate his first album, his second album is pretty good.

Lady Gaga - I bought her The Fame album back in the day (and enjoyed it), now I don't know what I ever saw in her.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Nov 10 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #15
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Nelly. S @ Nov 10 2014, 08:56 PM) *
Exactly the same here ohmy.gif

With 'It's My Party' being one of the gems?? Please say you agree on that because fans of that on this site are few and very far between sad.gif

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 10 2014, 09:04 PM
Post #16
#TeamKrustyKrab
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofJSG @ Nov 10 2014, 09:01 PM) *
With 'It's My Party' being one of the gems?? Please say you agree on that because fans of that on this site are few and very far between sad.gif

Keep walking Bal sad.gif

Ooh I got another! Kiesza! Really didn't like Hideaway, like a all. Then I loved it. Then I hated Giant in my Heart but then I loved it and now I love No Enemiesz instantly so it's starting for me w00t.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 10 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #17
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(HausofJSG @ Nov 10 2014, 09:01 PM) *

It's My Party is fantastic! Such a fan and catchy song. But then again I like pretty much all of her musical output tbh.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Nov 10 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #18
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Nelly. S @ Nov 10 2014, 09:04 PM) *
Keep walking Bal sad.gif

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Nov 10 2014, 09:08 PM
Post #19
white girl wasted on brown liquor
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE({ bré } @ Nov 10 2014, 08:55 PM) *
Taylor Swift. Up until 'I Knew You Were Trouble.' her only vaguely tolerable song was 'You Belong With Me' but since then I've enjoyed pretty much all of her singles (pretending '22' didn't happen).

This is the ultimate one for me. And sounds like I started to be a fan when you did too.
I listened to her previous albums the other day after loving '1989' but they're horrendous! I guess her cutesy country style just wasn't for me. Seeing as she's now popular than ever though, I guess we're both just sheep!

I used to be a big fan of Muse, but everything after the 'Black Holes and Revelations' era has been pretty intolerable. They're just Queen wannabes now and Queen were bad enough the first time around!

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 10 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #20
#TeamKrustyKrab
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofJSG @ Nov 10 2014, 09:07 PM) *

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 04:45 PM