Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'The Fame Monster' · 5 years later
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Nov 19 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #1
tidal certified artist
Group: Members
Member No.: 6,764

HBD to the ikonec Grammy-award winning 'The Fame Monster'

Five years ago yesterday (November 18), Lady Gaga tore our clothes right off, ate our hearts and then proceeded to eat our brains. Does it feel like only yesterday? Or, in the current age of Cheek To Cheek, does it feel more like decades ago? Perhaps somewhere in between.

While The Fame had already propelled Gaga to pop stardom a year prior thanks to her inescapable, syllable-happy electro-pop earworms like “Just Dance” and “Poker Face” (muh-muh-muh-mah!), it was The Fame Monster that saw Gaga effectively take over the world.
By the time her Fame re-release arrived in November of 2009, Gaga had her monster paws securely gripped around pop culture: She was the biggest pop superstar at the time, armed with a newly minted fan base (the Little Monsters were born), over-the-top ensembles that had the world ga-gagging (from her sensible Kermit The Frog carcass top to those perilously impractical sky-high stilettos to that infamous Meat Dress…hey Cher, hold my meat purse!), undeniably next-level music videos, unforgettable award show performances and, oh right, yes: The year’s best pop record in hand.

The start-to-finish immaculate 8-track EP, produced by RedOne, Fernando Garibay, Ron Fair, Darkchild and Teddy Riley, was said to represent Gaga’s 8 different “monsters” she encountered on the road (“Fear Of Loneliness Monster,” for example). And throughout, the disco stick-wielding pop princess navigated chilly synth-pop pulsations and dark lyrical themes (oh so many Hitchcock film references!) with a pristine, pop radio-friendly gloss to tackle those fears: From “Bad Romance,” one of the greatest pop records of the past decade, to a club-thumping mini-epic with Yoncé, to the campy, gothic glamour of “Dance In The Dark.” Simply put, Halloween has never sounded the same ever since. Five years later, we’re now looking back and rattling the Fame Monster’s cage once again. Do you dare?

Gaga gets new tattoo "Mother Monster" to celebrate TFM's birthday

How would you rank / rate 'The Fame Monster' five years later?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rob Spears
post Nov 19 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,481
   No Gallery Pics

Best album ever.
+Quote Post
Toby G
post Nov 19 2014, 10:36 PM
Post #3
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

It's.... There are no words to describe it. Schmooblydong? That's not it, but its close. Let me try and put in terms that can be understood. Imagine being high at a Michael Jackson concert while two guys take you on in a sun baked porta potty.

This post has been edited by Toby: Nov 19 2014, 10:41 PM
+Quote Post
post Nov 19 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #4
Nobody knows where they might end up.
Member No.: 20,182
   No Gallery Pics

Easily produced two of her best singles! wub.gif
+Quote Post
post Nov 19 2014, 11:16 PM
Post #5
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

So amazing. By far her best consistent collection in terms of how strong the songs are. All 8 songs could've been singles tbh.
+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post Nov 19 2014, 11:18 PM
Post #6
a.k.a. Marina XCX
Member No.: 8,335

I want to say it's a masterpiece, but the truth is I rarely revisit its glory, so it's aged pretty bad. I wish I could erase it from my memory and rediscover it all over again.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 01:19 AM