BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SCARY experiences~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Nov 23 2014, 11:26 AM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

On the way back home last night a guy grabbed me and tried to take my phone (my phone was out as i was of course listening to Madonna like i do after every night out~). I was luckily still in a fairly busy area with others leaving the club behind so i swung away and rushed towards people. He didn't follow or chase me thankfully but for the entire journey back i kept looking over my shoulder.

Has anyone else had similarly frightening experiences? Or if not at what times have you felt most scared/vulnerable? ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Nov 23 2014, 11:28 AM
Post #2
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

When I was walking home from school and I was the only one on the street and someone came up behind me and tried to mug me but I managed to get off and run home as my house is on the street after that one

Big thunder mountain ride at Florida, Disney. I am not great with roller coasters and I literally had a breakdown on it kink.gif

I'll think of more later

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 23 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #3
#TeamKrustyKrab
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

I do love rollercoasters! But I don't like it when they break down sad.gif I went on 'Air' at Alton Towers and it broke down just as it was about to get into the station. I started having like a panic attack (even though my friends thought the situation was hilarious) as I was imagining myself hanging there for hours and hours sad.gif But it fixed like after 5 minutes kink.gif

Then when I was younger I cycled into a thorn bush and couldn't get out. I was scared cause there was no one else to help me and my dad couldn't see me. Someone eventually came though.

A photographer came to our school and took a photo of me and my mates in year 8 outside the school premises (through the gates) and various other pupils. It turned out that he was a stranger and had no permission in doing so and a big investigation occurred (they suspected he was a predator) and we were shaken up as hell at that thought.

Then finally, the northampton clown incident last year freaked me out. Letters were sent out as a precaution to lower school (reception-year 6) to be careful as it was seen lurking near a street from our school. Scary times definitely

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Nov 23 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #4
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(NellyXmas. S @ Nov 23 2014, 11:39 AM) *
Then finally, the northampton clown incident last year freaked me out. Letters were sent out as a precaution to lower school (reception-year 6) to be careful as it was seen lurking near a street from our school. Scary times definitely

What was this about? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 23 2014, 12:01 PM
Post #5
#TeamKrustyKrab
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Nov 23 2014, 11:57 AM) *
What was this about? mellow.gif

Bal, you don't know? ohmy.gif

Link: English Towns terrorized by Northampton clown

This post has been edited by NellyXmas. S: Nov 23 2014, 12:03 PM

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Nov 23 2014, 12:04 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I went gorge walking with some kids from school. Being the most unfit and overweight person there, I had a panic attack when I couldn't pull myself out of a hole in some rocks. I wasn't stuck, but I couldn't climb out. Scariest moment of my life but since I successfully finished the course, it's almost one of my biggest achievements.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Nov 23 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #7
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(NellyXmas. S @ Nov 23 2014, 12:01 PM) *

ohmy.gif

Was i supposed to know about it? It's hardly global BIG news kink.gif but i take your word for it that it was a v scary experience~

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 23 2014, 12:07 PM
Post #8
#TeamKrustyKrab
   No Gallery Pics

It just seemed a huge deal at the time happy.gif

+Quote Post
152chris
post Nov 23 2014, 12:18 PM
Post #9
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Nov 23 2014, 12:04 PM) *
I went gorge walking with some kids from school. Being the most unfit and overweight person there, I had a panic attack when I couldn't pull myself out of a hole in some rocks. I wasn't stuck, but I couldn't climb out. Scariest moment of my life but since I successfully finished the course, it's almost one of my biggest achievements.

omg literally the same thing happened to my best mate, they wrote a song about it and everything. kids are so cruel.

i got robbed at knife-point in rio and had all my valuables / money stolen 2 days before i was due to go home. scary but also highly inconvenient.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 23 2014, 12:25 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

love rollercoasters. yahoo.gif

Death and suffering are the only things that are truly frightening (or fear of them at least) to me.

Other things are more stressful/panic situations.

Some of mine: Being in 2 car crashes, one of them on a motorway, and narrowly avoiding others by fast action on my part.

Making a best man speech.

Being threatened by a gang of (Asian) homophobes.

Being punched, kicked, beaten in front of my little brother at school.

getting my wages stolen by a burgler.

On the topic of single men out and about, we are all tarred with the same suspicious brush nowadays. I was pulled over by the police for doing my job - checking on playground equipment maintenance standards and litter-picking etc - because I was walking round a public open space without a dog or somebody with me. Apparently men who do that are suspected paedophiles because nobody is allowed to go out for a walk anymore unless they have a dog crapping in the play area - the police don't get involved in that, that's fine.

hey ho.

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 23 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #11
#TeamKrustyKrab
   No Gallery Pics

Another scary experience would be the creation of this gif:

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Nov 23 2014, 01:08 PM
Post #12
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Nov 23 2014, 12:25 PM) *
Being threatened by a gang of (Asian) homophobes.

Out of curiosity, why the need to specify that they were Asian here? Did that have some significance to the incident? I ask because you didn't for the other people in your other experiences.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Nov 23 2014, 01:42 PM
Post #13
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

There was a time in an airplane flying home when the plane lurched downwards all of a sudden for a second thanks to turbulence. Was seriously on edge for the rest of that flight and probably the scariest experience I've had flying (flying on Malaysia Airlines shortly after the MH17 incident on the other side of the world was also something you can't help but be a bit scared of).

I've been almost mugged twice in recent years, but thankfully both times someone else has been there to stop them/help me out, now I literally hold on to my phone for dear life when I go out, my area is quite notorious for gang crimes like this so I suppose I've gotten off lightly.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Nov 23 2014, 02:38 PM
Post #14
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(NellyXmas. S @ Nov 23 2014, 01:05 PM) *
Another scary experience would be the creation of this gif:

This gif just won't leave the Buzzjack top 20 will it? laugh.gif (or any gif I have at any given moment)
(Haha now when people read this post they have two instances of the gif at once kink.gif)

This post has been edited by SNOWING ADAM: Nov 23 2014, 02:38 PM

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Nov 23 2014, 02:47 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

Mine was probably driving home on Xmas Eve after 5pm (because bloody Sainsburys wouldn't let me leave any earlier than that) about four years ago from North Wales to Brighton (250 miles) in a car that had broken down because of anti-freeze issues only the day before.

It was -15 outside at the start of my journey and essentially if my car had stopped at any point I'd have been stranded in the middle of nowhere for Xmas in stupidly cold temperatures. Snow and ice all over the roads too. Very very scary but I tried not to think about the situation and just powered four and a half hours without stopping because I was worried the car wouldn't start again if I stopped.

Aside from that my plane journey black from Munich in May is up there. We were on the plane but told the plane wouldn't take off because of bad storms, so we sat there for what must have been two minutes after that announcement and took off into THE most horrendous weather you could imagine. The lights were kept off for the entire journey (it was a night flight) and the turbulence was insane. I wasn't scared per se as I know enough about planes not to worry about turbulence, but more than half of the other passengers looked petrified.

+Quote Post
jjake
post Nov 23 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #16
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(152chris @ Nov 23 2014, 12:18 PM) *
omg literally the same thing happened to my best mate, they wrote a song about it and everything. kids are so cruel.

i got robbed at knife-point in rio and had all my valuables / money stolen 2 days before i was due to go home. scary but also highly inconvenient.

which was worse, having your life flash b4 ur eyes or the inconvenience of it all

+Quote Post
sm1ffj
post Nov 23 2014, 02:54 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 12,629
   No Gallery Pics

I was in Gran Canaria once, up in the capital one day, I was out in the middle of the day, I was looking for a parking space, then stupidly I accepted help from someone on the street, who directed me to a space, I got out then he expected money for his troubles, I instantly thought WTF, you aint getting any, I didn't tell him that, I just got straight back in the car and drove out of the space and away, and found another space a few streets away, I was completely on my own this day.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Nov 23 2014, 02:57 PM
Post #18
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

This doesn't compare to what a lot of people have said but every time there's ice underfoot and I slip slightly I instantly seem to get a mini heart attack even when I remain upright.

Oh and due to Apiphobia, every time a flying insect is within 2 metres of me. Fun times.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 23 2014, 03:23 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Nov 23 2014, 01:08 PM) *
Out of curiosity, why the need to specify that they were Asian here? Did that have some significance to the incident? I ask because you didn't for the other people in your other experiences.

Yes, sorry, it was kinda relevant as it was a strange area of southampton shared by Pakistani-origin families/Muslim temple and gay bars - it's the same situation in Gran Canaria where Muslim worship mixes with gay bars, very strangely, but it sort of works really fine for everyone and peacefully. Except for these bunch of aggressive assholes, young lads skidding dangerously and threateningly round us in a car and ranting "you f*cking queer" "f*cking die" and other pleasantries from the safety of their car and then zoomed off when my mate gave chase on foot - one of my pet annoyances is the assumption that only white christians are -ist or full of bull, when my experiences are it's not unique to any part of society, but it appears minorities rarely get associated with abuse these days because it's racist to report it or mention it. That's not to say gay people are any different, I hear all sorts of racist and misogynistic and homophobic bull in gay bars. There's also the assumption (often correct) that it's gangs of white lads doing the homophobia, when of course it can be any part of society. Name and shame I say, and yes of the other instances it was white older bigger schoolboys who beat me up.

BTW my brother speaks Urdu from the days he worked in the iamspamspamamiof a Pakistan-restaurant, he had a funny anecdote of the time he and his (Asian) mate walked past a bunch of youths with their girlfriends in tow, and one called him a fat something or other in Urdu thinking he could get away with insulting the big white bloke in front of his girlfriend and mates and look cool. At which point my brother replied in Urdu that he'd already done something unmentionable with his mother. The girls and other lads pissed themselves laughing. Stereotypes should be broken.... cool.gif

+Quote Post
152chris
post Nov 23 2014, 03:42 PM
Post #20
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Nov 23 2014, 02:49 PM) *
which was worse, having your life flash b4 ur eyes or the inconvenience of it all

tbh the 7 hour queue in western union came closer to killing me than the knives ever did.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 04:34 AM