BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> How to fill the space in a 2 man band!?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jamie64
post Nov 30 2014, 03:45 AM
Post #1
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,416
   No Gallery Pics

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so be kind!

I'm interested to see if anyone has any ideas of how to fill the sound in a 2 man band? Me and my friend work really well together, and we lack musicians in our area that are our friends, and I'd rather work with people I know well to be honest, (music wise).

So we would like to play live shows soon but it's still sounding a bit empty as there's only two of us. I play the piano, bass, guitar, drums and sax, but I cant play them all at once unfortunately! My friend plays the guitar and bass really well.

For example: if my friend plays the bass and I play the guitar, it sounds quite empty as there's no drums or anything. Similarly, if he plays the guitar and I play the piano, it still sounds empty and we want more of a punchier sound to our live performance.

Royal blood use a series of pedals on their guitar which works well.

Loop pedals work well but are limited to an extent

Drum machines work but don't look great when played live. Alt J get away with it I suppose.

It's annoying as we play in a variety of genres, were open minded and play things from reggae to hip hop to rock, and we're not sure what direction to take the music down as the setup matters a lot when theirs only two of you.

Very long winded sorry, but thoughts would be appreciated unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jjake
post Nov 30 2014, 04:02 AM
Post #2
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

babe, we're a bunch of gays who listen to cheap eurotrance and strictly female power vox, acts such as adelen, indila and sofia marinova and we create our own song contest based on eurovision and we make up countries and identities to go with these songs and there is a veto and everything. a place where people speak a nonsensical language in the 'shoutbox' where the same joke is repeated to ad infimum for days but keeps going. a place where people request the pop bars for itunes, last available in a version many years ago. where threads in the pop music forum must be standardised across the board. the nearest any poster here has come to a musical instrument is the odd snapchat of some lad's cock.

i hope this response has helped you with your quandary.

+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post Nov 30 2014, 05:00 AM
Post #3
a.k.a. Marina XCX
Member No.: 8,335

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Nov 30 2014, 06:02 AM) *
babe, we're a bunch of gays who listen to cheap eurotrance and strictly female power vox, acts such as adelen, indila and sofia marinova and we create our own song contest based on eurovision and we make up countries and identities to go with these songs and there is a veto and everything. a place where people speak a nonsensical language in the 'shoutbox' where the same joke is repeated to ad infimum for days but keeps going. a place where people request the pop bars for itunes, last available in a version many years ago. where threads in the pop music forum must be standardised across the board. the nearest any poster here has come to a musical instrument is the odd snapchat of some lad's cock.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Nov 30 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #4
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

OMG JAKE !!!

I play the piano but as a soloist so can't help you here, this really isn't the right forum to ask about playing in a band anyway laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Nov 30 2014, 09:47 AM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I'm a grade 4 trumpet player, not sure that's what you're looking for.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Nov 30 2014, 09:59 AM
Post #6
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Nov 30 2014, 05:02 AM) *

QUEEN!

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Nov 30 2014, 10:00 AM
Post #7
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

(I resent that though, I listen to Adelén AND I'M A GRADE EIGHT TRIANGLE)

+Quote Post
Jamie64
post Nov 30 2014, 01:03 PM
Post #8
New Entry
Member No.: 21,416
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I shortly realised afterwards that there's no real purpose to this forum, it's just full of internet nerds who seem to talk nonsensically. Oh well, I was ridiculously high last night and thought this was a big music site LOL. But yeah, you guys continue to enjoy that snapchat of a cock.. Or are you sure you didn't just walk past a mirror, prick.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Nov 30 2014, 01:08 PM
Post #9
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jamie64 @ Nov 30 2014, 01:03 PM) *
Yeah I shortly realised afterwards that there's no real purpose to this forum, it's just full of internet nerds who seem to talk nonsensically. Oh well, I was ridiculously high last night and thought this was a big music site LOL. But yeah, you guys continue to enjoy that snapchat of a cock.. Or are you sure you didn't just walk past a mirror, prick.

Buzzjack's advertised as "Latest chart music and entertainment news" when you google it, did you really expect it to be a forum full of musicians?!?

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 30 2014, 01:10 PM
Post #10
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

It was a joke. Why are you getting so worked up? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
jjake
post Nov 30 2014, 01:10 PM
Post #11

what were you high on? i've actually come on here high on drone quite a few times for hours at a time, the time just flies.

i'm guessing by your disgusting love for woodwind instruments you meant weed and then i have nothing to add.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Nov 30 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #12
if you f*** around, boy i'll hunt you down
Member No.: 18,316

But yeah, you guys continue to enjoy that snapchat of a cock.. Or are you sure you didn't just walk past a mirror, prick.

+Quote Post
jjake
post Nov 30 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #13

my friend kath lives locally to you, she can play meghan trainor ep tracks on the trombone (strictly ep only please), she's also fluent in itunes zambian.

that should give your sound some definition and hopefully take your act in a worthwhile direction

+Quote Post
:')
post Nov 30 2014, 01:18 PM
Post #14
tidal certified artist
Member No.: 6,764

oh my god i can't breathe

+Quote Post
Sugarplumberella
post Nov 30 2014, 01:22 PM
Post #15
controlo qualquer um com a minha bruxaria
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

what went up Nintendo64's bum that hes acting like this??????? na na na na na come on NATCH

if u must know i really think maybe pre-recording a backing track and having that play along as well works, it's not the greatest for a live setup or w/e but duos such as purity ring either have bits recorded on their instruments / backing tracks and then pad it out wiht the most important sections

+Quote Post
jjake
post Nov 30 2014, 01:25 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Calum Hood @ Nov 30 2014, 01:14 PM) *

babe, a gif the size of a postage stamp isn't going to tell this wanton straight man anything!!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Nov 30 2014, 01:26 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

I can do mashups *.*

(any excuse for a plug)

+Quote Post
Math ☂
post Nov 30 2014, 01:48 PM
Post #18
come on down to south park
Member No.: 19,852
   No Gallery Pics

what even happened here? poor jamie, seeing this site at its most sarcastic sad.gif

couldn't we at least offer to help? even though I couldn't help laughing at jake's reply it was quite a bit over the top.

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 30 2014, 01:56 PM
Post #19
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

Since you play the piano, you could use a synthesiser or something and make different instrumental music before merging them together in a backing track?

+Quote Post
Regina
post Nov 30 2014, 04:15 PM
Post #20
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Jamie64 @ Nov 30 2014, 02:03 PM) *

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 07:27 AM