BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Man punches woman live on Game Show, Gender politics~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Winter Wombatlan...
post Dec 7 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #1
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

This video has been doing the rounds on blogs/news channels lately and seems to have divided quite a lot of people, it's a Russian game show in which contestants have to keep their hand on the truck. One particularly disruptive (and scantily clad) woman pushes a man a little bit too far... this is pretty tough to watch so be warned:

Now obviously just by that clip, it looks a vile and shocking act, but there's been some counter arguments I've read saying that she had been being acting almost equally horrible towards the contestants for the forty five minutes before that and thus should have seen it coming.

I'm intrigued to hear what you all think if you've seen the clip - do you find this absolutely unacceptable whatever happened or do you believe, considering the wider context of the clip, that the violence wasn't totally unjustified?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Dec 7 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Oh lord. That is horrific.

In no way should anyone "have seen it coming". Acting horrible to other contestants and violently assaulting/humiliating another are in completely different spectrums for me.

I can not possibly think of a wider context in which that would in anyway be acceptable. The fact that there wasn't an immediate rushing towards her to see if she was ok is also baffling unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Dec 7 2014, 02:25 PM
Post #3
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

Jesus haha.. call me insensitive but I laughed mellow.gif

I think the greater context would be better. I just find it funny how no-one even really blinks an eyelid - imagine if that happened on The Chase - there would be security running around everywhere!!

+Quote Post
Jack
post Dec 7 2014, 02:27 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 223

That is completely disgusting, I hope he got some sort of punishment for that?! Vile.

Never an excuse to hit a woman or anyone like that when it is unprovoked. Like Bal said, acting horrible to a contestant and actually throwing someone to the ground and punching them in the face is completely different. People are seriously f***ed up and deluded if they can defend that, it reminds me of when people were trying to support Chris Brown in the whole Rihanna thing.

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Dec 7 2014, 02:28 PM
Post #5
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

That's horrendous puke.gif Provoked or not, you can't justify something like that just because she touched him with a shoe.

What an awful show though, the fact that she just got assaulted didn't affect any of the contestants nor the cast/crew is just no.

+Quote Post
Math ☂
post Dec 7 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #6
come on down to south park
Member No.: 19,852
   No Gallery Pics

That was disturbing, I'm trying not to get brainwashed by the YouTube comments there because this is an act of inexcusable violence.

The fact that she just sat there and nobody bothered to help her is slightly confusing, and the fact that nobody really seemed to care about what happened makes me wonder what was really going on in the situation, but the whole act of violence was unsettling nonetheless.

This post has been edited by MerryM¤th: Dec 7 2014, 02:37 PM

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Dec 7 2014, 02:41 PM
Post #7
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I don't even see this as an issue of gender to be honest. I'd have been shocked if it was two men/two women.

I hope this isn't a common occurance on national tv there, though the reaction (or lack of reaction) makes me think they didn't find it shocking at all :S

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Dec 7 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #8
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

FTR I don't in any way condone what he did, it was absolutely vile and a horrendous overreaction whatever the context. I was just interested to see if this site was as divisive as some articles/the Youtube comments section, it's been a while since I've seen something divide so many people!

I do agree though that arguably the show itself is even more vile - literally no one batted an eyelid and it took longer than it should have for someone to see if she's OK. :/

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Dec 7 2014, 04:12 PM
Post #9
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Is it bad that I laughed?

I do not condone this at all, absolutely vile. A man should never hit a woman (or man) in any case other than self-defence.
While she was clearly mocking/antogonising him at the start of the video, thisman never should've threw her across the stage and punch her in the face

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Dec 7 2014, 10:33 PM
Post #10
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

She was provoking them - but it's still very inexcusable

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Dec 8 2014, 05:37 AM
Post #11
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, I do not condone this one bit, gender politics be damned, doesn't matter who started it.

That said... I kinda also thought this was a viral video at first...

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Dec 8 2014, 06:45 AM
Post #12
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

the top comment there is quite disturbing. :|

but that's russia y'all. hardly anyone cares that there's violence against women and if they do, it causes too much awkwardness so everyone just ignores it really. and in regards to violence in general, people here generally just think that an argument resolving through a physical fight is a normal thing so

+Quote Post
BuzzLightyear
post Dec 8 2014, 08:52 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 15,330
   No Gallery Pics

Unacceptable to behave like that to a man or a woman so he needs severely dealt with but I don't have sympathy for her as apparently she was spitting etc.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Dec 8 2014, 09:02 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Oh god that's awful. I don't know how people are laughing at that? I just don't see violence to that degree (man or woman) as the resolution to anything, and society has a particularly difficult issue with violence to women. Shocking.

This post has been edited by MistleJoe.: Dec 8 2014, 09:04 AM

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Dec 8 2014, 09:07 AM
Post #15
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(Conderella @ Dec 8 2014, 06:45 AM) *
the top comment there is quite disturbing. :|

It's also an obvious troll. The account is called "Good Luck Assad!" and all. The disturbing thing is how it has so many likes. YouTube comments seem to be a breeding ground for such idiocy.

+Quote Post
Umi
post Dec 8 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #16
le compromis n'est qu'un synonyme d'échec
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

Both of the characters in the video seem vile.

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Dec 8 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #17
Girl, put in work.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I kind of loved it.

I don't know what was going on he was probably going way too far. But hey, if you act like a twat you deserve what coming to you, even if you are female.

These two are in the same vain, but here the men are more excusable for lashing out IMO

EXPLICIT CONTENT FOR THE YOUNG'UNS

And : http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c06_1406352280

I'm not even sorry that I'm rooting for these guys 100%. It actually annoys me that there are people standing up for those bitches while not doing anything before the men snap.

This post has been edited by Atonement: Dec 8 2014, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post
Jack
post Dec 9 2014, 09:51 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Yes, because lets just resolve things by beating people up. You know, that is always the logical thing to do. Those men are so brave for beating those girls up when they know they have 20x the strength they do. f***ing hell.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Dec 9 2014, 10:40 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(Jack @ Dec 9 2014, 09:51 AM) *
Yes, because lets just resolve things by beating people up. You know, that is always the logical thing to do. Those men are so brave for beating those girls up when they know they have 20x the strength they do. f***ing hell.

This.

+Quote Post
Spiral
post Dec 9 2014, 12:31 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,208

I'm just going to leave this here:

Praise Whoopi!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 09:43 PM