BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> buzzjack vs 'real life', ***broke with expensive reality
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
*Callum
post Dec 11 2014, 11:45 PM
Post #1
C A L
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,799

so how do you think buzzjxck compares to your every day life, or is buzzjack your liiiiife? are you that obsessed that you need a buzzjackers anonymous group to form just to feed your bj cravings (don't)

it'd be interested to see how many users take this gig seriously and who just uses purely as a source of entertainment / trolling

i've been seldom present quite recently, however every time i log back on it's like i'm addicted and i need to check certain forums every day...... .. but then that cools down after a couple months and i disappear for a while...hbu?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Dec 11 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #2
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

sometimes what people say to me in real life hurts me but then i remember that they aren't real friends and it is just words from a mouth and it is not as important as buzzjack

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Dec 11 2014, 11:53 PM
Post #3
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

Since I'm spending an awful time revising at home for my GCSEs, and having to compromise by having less time to go out, Buzzjack is one of the only sources of entertainment I've got during revision where I can just quickly browse BJ and reply to a thread or two before continuing my revision.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Dec 11 2014, 11:59 PM
Post #4
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

ON A SERIOUS NOTE

When I was younger i.e. pre-18 I spent far too much time on here. I had a good social life, but I also spent way too much time on here. It was a bit like a drug. Obviously at the time I had a lot of really good friends on here, and it impacted my enjoyment on the site. If I went away for a few days, at some point I would wonder in detail about the website. Now if I went away for a month (management duties aside obvs) I wouldn't even think about the site.

Nowadays I can go days without logging on, but I always come here if I'm on the laptop, even if it's just very briefly. I enjoy the website, but a lot of it is nostalgia based.

I don't think you can compare here and real life, at the end of the day you have just got to remember that this website is fictional. That said it is highly hypocritical of people to say that certain people spend way too much time with buzzjack activities because we were all the same at one point.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Dec 12 2014, 12:01 AM
Post #5
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

I've met several people on here that I'd consider as really good friends definitely, I've been more open with several people on here than I ever would be in real life (I'm very shy in reality haha), helps that we don't all know each other in person I think. I'm very addicted to the site anyway lol (my posters' chart run would say it all if I compiled it ph34r.gif), it's just a bit of relief really and a chance to discuss common interests with people I wouldn't otherwise know. No-one I know in real life loves Girls Aloud as much as me but I have several people here who do laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Dec 12 2014, 12:02 AM
Post #6
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Mainly just for entertainment/distraction, but that doesn't stop me spending a very unhealthy amount of time on here. Whilst I don't let it intertwine with my life, I do log on whenever I have free time just because it's rather good for stress relief!

Plus as quite a socially anxious person, I find that this site is a good way to air my thoughts and discuss common interests/music with others that I may not get the opportunity to do so in real life (so like Joseph said above really). Ofc. real life comes first all the time and I'm always aware of the line between spending way too much time on here and getting on with things, but after so many years, it's hard to let go really, particularly with BJSC always dragging me back.

This post has been edited by FrostytheWallaby: Dec 12 2014, 12:08 AM

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Dec 12 2014, 12:17 AM
Post #7
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

After posting here for almost 9 years, it's hard to imagine life without Buzzjack existing. Even if it's just been in the background of life, it's been a part of more than a third of my life.

It's a fantastic site and I feel like I've grown up with a lot of members. I feel I can discuss things on here before I discuss them in real life. This site has seen me through some hard times. Not at all ashamed to say I love this place.

~tear

+Quote Post
jjake
post Dec 12 2014, 02:44 AM
Post #8
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(Qassändra @ Dec 11 2014, 11:51 PM) *
sometimes what people say to me in real life hurts me but then i remember that they aren't real friends and it is just words from a mouth and it is not as important as buzzjack

babe stick to being a cheaper lee wallace, humour doesn't suit u

+Quote Post
jjake
post Dec 12 2014, 02:47 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(Rooney @ Dec 11 2014, 11:59 PM) *
ON A SERIOUS NOTE

When I was younger i.e. pre-18 I spent far too much time on here. I had a good social life, but I also spent way too much time on here. It was a bit like a drug. Obviously at the time I had a lot of really good friends on here, and it impacted my enjoyment on the site. If I went away for a few days, at some point I would wonder in detail about the website. Now if I went away for a month (management duties aside obvs) I wouldn't even think about the site.

Nowadays I can go days without logging on, but I always come here if I'm on the laptop, even if it's just very briefly. I enjoy the website, but a lot of it is nostalgia based.

I don't think you can compare here and real life, at the end of the day you have just got to remember that this website is fictional. That said it is highly hypocritical of people to say that certain people spend way too much time with buzzjack activities because we were all the same at one point.

yes likewise, it is all based on nostalgia and i'm sure we share a lot of the same memories. this website has had a huge impact on my life and in a weird way is a part of who i am -- it's been 8 years now and all. from 16 to 24 is a huge amount of time both literally and in terms of who you are as a person.

it's a different generation now and i wonder where the site will be in two to four years time.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Dec 12 2014, 06:26 AM
Post #10
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

yeah, i'm really glad that one september '07 evening I've been googling something and found this site on like page 50 of the search lmao. it's been a huge part of my life and I met a lot of people from here (in person too <3 ) that I consider my very good friends now. I seriously have more people I talk to who came from buzzjack than in real life laugh.gif It made me ease into the whole accepting that you're gay thing as well. and although there still are some cuntmouthfaces wasting oxygen in here buzzjack is like a temporary escape from the cruel world~

+Quote Post
Slade
post Dec 12 2014, 09:23 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I tend not to take sites 'too seriously' nowadays. I was on another site from about the ages of 14-16 and it completely took over my life, to the point where I would spend HOURS on it over time with friends/family. It was escapism from my social anxiety. Limiting time (before eventually leaving) was a great decision as it's allowed me to build my confidence/self esteem in real life. For about the past year or so things have been good and my internet usage has been far less, but I do love coming on here sometimes in the lounge to read threads for a laugh/ofc checking up on chart stuff (and NOW rates, you go gavindeejay).

This post has been edited by Slade: Dec 12 2014, 09:24 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 13 2014, 01:04 AM
Post #12
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I'm pretty much with the general consensus here. When was I younger, I'll admit I took this site probably too seriously. I'd say I was at my worst when I was maybe 14/15... That was once I'd settled in here properly, got into the Lounge etc. and started interacting with people more personally. I used to come here all the time, and I really cared what people thought of me on here (that manifested itself in some of my awful phases I guess). It was especially bad when the rate came around; I'd check an unhealthy amount times a day to see the updates in the thread and I'd always skip to my comments and scores. That's mostly due to how insecure I was and how low my self esteem was, and still is to an extent! But around about year 10 in school, we moved tutor groups and had totally different people to the ones in year 7-9 so I made friends with new people, they introduced me to their friends and it was a bit of a snowball effect. I finally had a solid group of friends and a social life so I guess I started using this a little less, and cared a little less about what people think.

Now I've grown up a lot, I just come here because of the people here who like similar things rather than the acceptance I didn't really have from my peers in real life. I've met and talked with some great people, in particular someone I can call one of my best friends who knows exactly who he is tongue.gif

(That was a bit deep and tl;dr for 1am!)

+Quote Post
Math ☂
post Dec 14 2014, 12:53 PM
Post #13
come on down to south park
Member No.: 19,852
   No Gallery Pics

I thought I'd post a quick statement here, I don't have too much experience on this site or life in general but I thought I had a late edition ~ A year ago I had an unhealthy obsession with forums (especially ATRL) but I toned that down relatively easily after I realized I wasn't really well-liked on there (I was very insecure) and now I just spend my time on Buzzjack. I tend to spend about a half of my free time on here which is a bit excessive considering how much time I have (hint: way more than I really should) but this forum has definitely helped me with my insecurity.

When I see somebody who likes my music taste it makes me feel so accepted, which is a very different reality from real life, where the only person I have to talk to music about is my 14-year-old cousin who has been increasingly busy lately. I'm still in that awkward stage where I only really have 1 relatively good friend outside of relatives and I don't even really get to discuss music with him.

I definitely feel I obsess over this site too much, but right now I feel like it's a good thing. I'm still trying to my group and my friends and seeing so many people with similar interests to me when there are absolutely none in my area and none my age anywhere (as far as I know) definitely gives me self-confidence. As some of you know, I have Asperger's so it can be hard at times to make friends and fit in etc. but here I feel accepted, which is such a great feeling.

+Quote Post
jjake
post Dec 14 2014, 01:04 PM
Post #14

i would argue i'm pretty similar; confident, forthright, opinionated and funny (i hope) there's a thin line between that coming off badly and being seen as lovely and i suspect as of late on buzzjack it may have been more to the bad side, though i am actively seeking to change this.

i think as well my humour can be misinterpreted, i'm very dry and i don't take myself particularly seriously. there is never any ill intention in what i say except for when there is.

+Quote Post
*Callum
post Dec 14 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #15
C A L

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Dec 14 2014, 01:04 PM) *
i think as well my humour can be misinterpreted, i'm very dry and i don't take myself particularly seriously. there is never any ill intention in what i say except for when there is.

i'd say exactly the same thing about myself

+Quote Post
jjake
post Dec 14 2014, 02:09 PM
Post #16

all it takes is the lack of an exclamation mark and a post comes off totally differently!

+Quote Post
*Callum
post Dec 14 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #17
C A L

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Dec 14 2014, 02:09 PM) *
all it takes is the lack of an exclamation mark and a post comes off totally differently!

We'd know...

! kink.gif

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Dec 14 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

i'd say i still spend a fair enough whack of time on here but nowhere near as much as i used to. i've already made friends for a season, reason, lifetime that i am thankful for but i can see from here on out that i'll just be that poster who once was and is no longer

+Quote Post
jjake
post Dec 14 2014, 03:39 PM
Post #19

the rustie lee of buzzjack disappearing before our very eyes sad.gif

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Dec 14 2014, 04:18 PM
Post #20
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

I look forward to Leww preparing to do a vajazzle on Celebrity Super Spa soon:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 02:55 AM