BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2014: a PERSONAL year in review~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Dec 15 2014, 07:13 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Hii~

As we near the end of another year and scattered between eoy musical countdowns, what have been your PERSONAL highlights from the previous 12 months? The moments you'll remember, good or bad? The people? The drama?

Your professional and personal highlights of 2014.. ohmy.gif Spill ALL.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Dec 15 2014, 07:13 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo

It's been largely a very positive year for me. Professionally i am now in the position i want to be in my whole life - teaching inspiring children and offering whatever i can to them whilst also having an enjoyable riot of a time in the process. I look forward to continuing the course into next year before getting a proper PAID job out of it biggrin.gif

Personally it has also been pretty tremendous. The big moment i'll remember/treasure forever was coming out to my mum mellow.gif something i thought i'd NEVER do this time last year. Helped mostly by one of Buzzjack's very own (who this year became my best friend as well as agony aunt lol) and i owe so much of the year's happiness, love and support to him~ also got the chance to meet ha mess and hoping for plenty more drunken meetings in 2015 heart.gif

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Dec 15 2014, 07:19 PM
Post #3
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

2014 has been a really good year for me and I'm very grateful for everything that's happened. Surrounded by loads of great people both in person and online that I can chat to and have common interests with. Got through my first year of A levels, very pleased I stayed with Further Maths til the end of the year even if it did only result in a U, I'm glad I didn't give up. A2 has been a lot better on the whole. I'm just at a great place right now, happy with myself and where I'm heading for the moment. Next year is gonna be terrifying lol as I leave sixth form...

+Quote Post
LexC
post Dec 15 2014, 07:26 PM
Post #4
unofficially fabulous
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

Managing a whole (calendar) year of Uni and managing to be a lot more independent is the main marker of this year for me, which I definitely feel at least competent at now. On a deeper level I've felt that I'm getting more confident/outgoing and comfortable in my own skin and I've made a start on losing weight (currently at 17lbs off since July y'all!) but both of those are still works in progress. So overall a good year I think.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Dec 15 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #5
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Definitely a very mixed year; on the downside I lost a member of my family who I really cared about at the start of the summer which obviously put a massive downer on this year as a whole. Yet the positives would include becoming more independent, living more independently with friends from uni, having the perfect volunteering placement and from that having my heart set on a career I feel passionate about now so I can't complain, especially as these last two months have been such an eye opener for the future. Oh and having my parents actually feel proud of me and mean it for once, that's definitely been one of the best things to happen this year! Would like 2015 to be my "best year" but we'll see.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Dec 15 2014, 07:36 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Mixed year as so many are. The negatives being living with a complete maniac for 6 months and work getting stressful in anticipation of an inspection we may or may not be having in the near future. The positives being that I feel very competent in my job and have had some lovely holidays and family occasions. Also getting a flat to myself helped.

This post has been edited by frosTthesnowBoy: Dec 15 2014, 07:36 PM

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Dec 15 2014, 07:39 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

This year, for me, has kinda been all about trying to stay positive even when there's shit going on. Learning psychological/emotional lessons. It was definitely mixed though, hoping to have an easier ride next year. Might be moving out next year which might be just what I need.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Dec 15 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #8
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Well, there's still sixteen days left so I'll be cautious unless something horrible happens which devalues the whole year but that's kinda unlikely thankfully.

To say this has been quite a big year for me is an understatement - final year of uni, leaving friends in some cases for good (:'(), graduation and even going to the other wide of the world by myself but I'm glad to say it's been worth it. Degree and uni ended on a high note, stressful but that was always gonna happen. I also got into one of the top universities in London to study a subject I'm more passionate about so very little complaints there. Some really quite dramatic..episodes with friends that I was unfortunately caught in the middle with as wel, but they all were resolved thankfully. Even experienced some of the drama of relationships myself (or first dates at least), didn't end well but I'm just glad I did it!

Summer was great - going to Australia was the scariest thing I've ever done, but it was a lot of fun and I even made some friends that I'm still somewhat in contact with which is something I can't do very easily! Socially, this has been decent as well, still much awkwardness but I think I know who my real friends are and I had some great social moments this year (well timed actually as one of them was just last week where I went out with my new coursemates for the first time!). Was sad leaving a lot of them behind at Uni, but I'll cherish the memories etc.

Money wise, it has been a bit of a problem but that has resolved at least for the time being. I think I need to think about my career choice in 2015 but I do have some opportunities that will present itself.

So all in all (I've really overshared haven't I?) a fantastic year and I look forward to 2015 coming in even though it will be pretty scary/laborious with the bulk of my Masters work and going into the REAL world. Much scariness.

+Quote Post
:')
post Dec 15 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #9
tidal certified artist
Member No.: 6,764

2014 was easily my roughest year in so many ways. Leaving home, living alone in so many different cities, some really AWFUL terrible relationships, habits and in particular, jobs, that when I look back on I can't help but want to cry lol~

But at the end of the day, a major learning curve for me, I've learned where my priorities should lie and in turn am focused on those for 2015. It's not as if I'm getting any younger, so next year I've really just got to operate and stay focused. Just attained a better job which I'm starting in the new year and so here's to working my way up in my career field. I'd summarize 2014 in these two words tho - trust nobody

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Dec 15 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #10
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Sean. @ Dec 15 2014, 07:34 PM) *
Definitely a very mixed year; on the downside I lost a member of my family who I really cared about at the start of the summer which obviously put a massive downer on this year as a whole. Yet the positives would include becoming more independent, living more independently with friends from uni, having the perfect volunteering placement and from that having my heart set on a career I feel passionate about now so I can't complain, especially as these last two months have been such an eye opener for the future. Oh and having my parents actually feel proud of me and mean it for once, that's definitely been one of the best things to happen this year! Would like 2015 to be my "best year" but we'll see.

So the school placement is going well then? Brilliant to hear biggrin.gif good to hear it's cemented your passion for the career now too! It's really not for everyone and as cliched as it is, you'll either love it or hate it so you're definitely in the right camp currently. And the beginnings of it all are terrifying at times and also so important to set a base, but don't forget to take a step back at times and actually enjoy it too.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Dec 15 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #11
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(ClausofKubrick @ Dec 15 2014, 07:43 PM) *
So the school placement is going well then? Brilliant to hear biggrin.gif good to hear it's cemented your passion for the career now too! It's really not for everyone and as cliched as it is, you'll either love it or hate it so you're definitely in the right camp currently. And the beginnings of it all are terrifying at times and also so important to set a base, but don't forget to take a step back at times and actually enjoy it too.

Definitely, absolutely love it! biggrin.gif My classroom/reading/club day is the highlight of my week! I was quite apprehensive at the beginning given I originally wanted to teach Sixth Form/FE/College level, but now I'm not overly fussed which age group I end up teaching in the future given how much I've enjoyed myself these last few weeks, so thank you for all your help! wub.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Dec 15 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #12
Henrietta R Hippo

No worries Sean! Was happy to offer any advice i could and seeing you positive about it all makes it all worthwhile <3

QUOTE(FrostytheWallaby @ Dec 15 2014, 07:42 PM) *
Well, there's still sixteen days left so I'll be cautious unless something horrible happens which devalues the whole year but that's kinda unlikely thankfully.

To say this has been quite a big year for me is an understatement - final year of uni, leaving friends in some cases for good (:'(), graduation and even going to the other wide of the world by myself but I'm glad to say it's been worth it. Degree and uni ended on a high note, stressful but that was always gonna happen. I also got into one of the top universities in London to study a subject I'm more passionate about so very little complaints there. Some really quite dramatic..episodes with friends that I was unfortunately caught in the middle with as wel, but they all were resolved thankfully. Even experienced some of the drama of relationships myself (or first dates at least), didn't end well but I'm just glad I did it!

Summer was great - going to Australia was the scariest thing I've ever done, but it was a lot of fun and I even made some friends that I'm still somewhat in contact with which is something I can't do very easily! Socially, this has been decent as well, still much awkwardness but I think I know who my real friends are and I had some great social moments this year (well timed actually as one of them was just last week where I went out with my new coursemates for the first time!). Was sad leaving a lot of them behind at Uni, but I'll cherish the memories etc.

Money wise, it has been a bit of a problem but that has resolved at least for the time being. I think I need to think about my career choice in 2015 but I do have some opportunities that will present itself.

So all in all (I've really overshared haven't I?) a fantastic year and I look forward to 2015 coming in even though it will be pretty scary/laborious with the bulk of my Masters work and going into the REAL world. Much scariness.

I always forget we'd have done the same(/similar? (i forget)) Masters course when you're finished with this ohmy.gif sounds like you are enjoying that side of it as much as i did. It really is so fun picking apart films with like-minded people (have they made you watch 'Man With A Movie Camera' yet? mellow.gif). I can genuinely remember being SOOO stressed about my next career move during December of my Masters so i can emphasise with that. Just talk to staff/contempories on the course (though that can sometimes make situations worse) and really think about what you want to do before going for it~

QUOTE(Kath ♡ @ Dec 15 2014, 07:43 PM) *
2014 was easily my roughest year in so many ways. Leaving home, living alone in so many different cities, some really AWFUL terrible relationships, habits and in particular, jobs, that when I look back on I can't help but want to cry lol~

But at the end of the day, a major learning curve for me, I've learned where my priorities should lie and in turn am focused on those for 2015. It's not as if I'm getting any younger, so next year I've really just got to operate and stay focused. Just attained a better job which I'm starting in the new year and so here's to working my way up in my career field. I'd summarize 2014 in these two words tho - trust nobody

The Gypsy life only makes you stronger heart.gif

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Dec 15 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #13
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Kath ♡ @ Dec 15 2014, 07:43 PM) *

Aww Kath sad.gif I hope next year will be great for you x

And WD Bal, I didn't know this ohmy.gif

My year has been quite the non-event laugh.gif I lost two of my best friends after a 'situation' but it was probably for the best as I made five more to replace them. Go me cheer.gif My GCSE year has started off a little strongly as I've really put my head into the books. The next year will be such an important year for me and it's only hit me recently that getting good grades will be incredibly hard. I also re-discovered my passion for music-listening this year wub.gif and that's about it :/

This post has been edited by NellyXmas. S: Dec 15 2014, 08:04 PM

+Quote Post
jjake
post Dec 15 2014, 08:07 PM
Post #14
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

2014: appendicitis followed by two post-op infections, getting sacked from two jobs, one good, the other okat when finding out my father had a number of years to live, having my sociopathic ex-boyfriend go on a number of dates with one of my best friends, my two closest friends leaving london for keele and the indian ocean, finding out i have an incredibly painful stomach complaint which is yet to be pinpointed, being nominated for most over-rated person on buzzjack, being nominated for person you'd least like to meet on buzzjack, person who represents the worst of buzzjack on buzzjack, tirren informing my grandmother about my sexuality knowing she is sadly very homphobic leading to us becoming estranged, i'm still hoping she won't define me by my sexuality but my personality

well it was what is was and me learn, move on and hope for better

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Dec 15 2014, 08:07 PM
Post #15
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Fingers crossed my college will let me do a third year there. Will be a nightmare if it's cancelled and have to go Plymouth drama.gif

+Quote Post
post Dec 15 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #16
tidal certified artist

One is not 18 forever, don't feel secure once you've got your degree and life is not all about partying every night, drugs and boys. That kind of life turns one into Tulisia / Amanda Bynes cases, it's fun during the moment but then you hit 22 and realize oh I've just wasted 4 years of my life and everyone is looking down on me oops

+Quote Post
post Dec 15 2014, 08:14 PM
Post #17
tidal certified artist

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Dec 15 2014, 10:07 PM) *
2014: appendicitis followed by two post-op infections, getting sacked from two jobs, one good, the other okat when finding out my father had a number of years to live, having my sociopathic ex-boyfriend go on a number of dates with one of my best friends, my two closest friends leaving london for keele and the indian ocean, finding out i have an incredibly painful stomach complaint which is yet to be pinpointed, being nominated for most over-rated person on buzzjack, being nominated for person you'd least like to meet on buzzjack, person who represents the worst of buzzjack on buzzjack, tirren informing my grandmother about my sexuality knowing she is sadly very homphobic leading to us becoming estranged, i'm still hoping she won't define me by my sexuality but my personality

Oh gosh sad.gif

As per sé, life is hard, what can a gurl do but get money bitch and like you say move on

love u sunshine xxxx

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Dec 15 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #18
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Dec 15 2014, 09:07 PM) *

she had a right to know after what you did to her

+Quote Post
post Dec 15 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #19
tidal certified artist

HOW COULD I FORGET THIS

+Quote Post
RabbitFurCoat
post Dec 15 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #20
You brought the sun to guide you through
Member No.: 118
   No Gallery Pics

2014 has been a great year for me. This year was the first that I've ever set any new years resolutions, to be better at saving money whilst still being able to enjoy myself and do anything I want, to learn to drive and to do something which will involve some form of professional development. I've managed to do all three of those, managed to track my spending better and save more yet have still been abroad twice as well as done loads of other things with mates, bought a car, and gained an extra qualification through work. I've been made permanent at work which is always good (though was never going to stay before my contract ran out anyway, but more security) and made some really good friends too.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 04:13 AM