BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cat problems
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ionderella
post Dec 17 2014, 08:40 AM
Post #1
ya ya ya i am lorde
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

Since moving to a new rented apartment with my cat I've been presented with a problem of her scratching everything. I remember the state of the wallpaper/kitchen table legs and couch (not that visible but still) after 9 years and I do not want that to happen at the new place, especially because I have to keep everything intact and in good condition.

How do you prevent cats from scratching shit? I've read there's a lot of options. Soft paws, nail trimming, putting sticky tape/plastic/tinfoil / spraying citrus-y stuff on cat's favourite scratching places, buying scratch posts and even declawing. (I never really had any idea what declawing actually is and now that I do know I will never EVER EVER EVER EVERRRRRRRRRRR even CONSIDER it for my or ANY cat. (like seriously, if you think declawing your cat is a good solution to any scratching problem then there's something wrong with you in the head))

i've got 99 problems but a cat scratching ain't gonna be one
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Dec 17 2014, 09:03 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Never de-claw. I say get a scratching post and spray the occasional bit of cat nip on it, to train them to scratch it. also keep a little spray bottle near you for when they do scratch the things they shouldn't. If my cat dares scratch the sofa, I just have to shake the bottle in his direction and he KNOWS to stop.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Dec 17 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #3
ya ya ya i am lorde
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

I've read that a cat shouldn't really identify you as the source of the water punishment though so it has to be done in a way she wouldn't necessarily know it was me who sprayed her. I should probably try just putting my spray deodorant bottle in her direction every time she does a bad scratchy thing because she knows very well what that bottle does (she squints very funnily every time I apply it) without even me spraying anything haha.

She's 9 years old though so it's going to be a bitch re-teaching her stuff haha. Especially if I lose my patience and say something very loudly to her and she goes to sit behind the chair a bit startled (new place and all; held on peeing for an entire day until my mum came to visit too! still hasn't pooped yet tho sad.gif (yes tirren it's a family-friendly forum no place for your animal faeces fetishes here go away x)) and not knowing what she did wrong looking at you all 'WHYYYYYYYYY'

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 07:06 AM