BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amusing Xmas Day Happenings, family awkwardness + alcohol = lolololol
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Noahspike
post Dec 25 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #1
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

Happy Christmas Buzzjack! Hope everyone enjoyed the festivities. biggrin.gif

Thought I'd share some mildly entertaining anecdotes from my family's get-together earlier:

- My Dad thought it'd be a great idea to hang our new family portrait upside-down on the wall to amuse our guests but my Mum was not amused at all and completely blanked him for half the dinner. laugh.gif
- My (then drunk) Dad tried to engage his two very shy teenage nieces in dinner table conversation but forgot their names mid-sentence and was like '.........................girls'. It was so obvious to everyone and I haven't cringed as hard I did in a loooooooong time. :/
- Someone at one stage uttered the phrase 'I've been drinking' to which my 46 year-old uncle shouted 'WATERMELON' and proceeded to laugh loudly to himself for the next 30 seconds! It was quite clear nobody else got it but me.
- My other uncle complained about the Christmas compilation CD we had playing and said he wanted something 'a bit more edgy'. My brother then gave him a choice of albums and he picked Emeli Sandé (!!!) and I genuinely nearly spat out my turkey.

Anyone else got any awkward/funny moments to share?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack
post Dec 25 2014, 11:36 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

My dad was completely drunk and then made awkward homophobic comments to me and my boyfriend. AMAZING. And he wonders why I do not speak to him anymore.

It was nice other than that though, I actually appreciate and enjoy my mother and sisters company the older I get I find.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Dec 25 2014, 11:39 PM
Post #3
unofficially fabulous
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

Two words.

Selfie Stick.

+Quote Post
Jack
post Dec 25 2014, 11:41 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

QUOTE(LeXmas @ Dec 25 2014, 11:39 PM) *
Two words.

Selfie Stick.

I think they look SO SO tacky. Especially when you can see the actual stick in the pictures.

(Alas, my sister also got one).

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post Dec 25 2014, 11:50 PM
Post #5
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Just my parents being overwhelming and constantly trying to give you and ask you if you want more things like drinks but they mean well!

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 26 2014, 05:22 AM
Post #6
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I invited a new friend of mine over tonight, he'd never met my twin and it just so happened that my brother was the first person he saw when he and his GF arrived. Of course he thought it was me, didn't realize he was talking to someone who didn't know him. Apparently it was a priceless reaction but I didn't get to see it!

There were two large gifts by the tree this morning: a bike for me and a golf bag for my dad. My dad brought the bike into the room without noticing the golf bag right next to it, and then I walked in and sat down without noticing there was a bike in the room! At least we both got to be surprised when it was pointed out to us laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Dec 26 2014, 11:48 AM
Post #7
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

We were at my uncle's house, my dad making a speech at the table and knocking over one of my uncle's VERY expensive champagne glasses (and breaking it) was quite a moment.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Dec 26 2014, 11:59 AM
Post #8
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(Mistletoahspike @ Dec 26 2014, 02:33 AM) *
- Someone at one stage uttered the phrase 'I've been drinking' to which my 46 year-old uncle shouted 'WATERMELON' and proceeded to laugh loudly to himself for the next 30 seconds! It was quite clear nobody else got it but me.

OH MY GOD

+Quote Post
Sugarplumberella
post Dec 26 2014, 12:03 PM
Post #9
controlo qualquer um com a minha bruxaria
Member No.: 9,403

omg at watermelondreagate that is XMAS!!!

i'm wondering where the f*** you even buy a selfie stick???? and how did everyone get one and i didn't even know they existed???? probably advertised in the x factor finals break right?????

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Dec 26 2014, 12:08 PM
Post #10
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

QUOTE(✖ ketalina ✖ @ Dec 26 2014, 12:03 PM) *
i'm wondering where the f*** you even buy a selfie stick???? and how did everyone get one and i didn't even know they existed???? probably advertised in the x factor finals break right?????

I was thinking the same! Literally every household had one this Christmas yet they've been completely under the radar until Xmas morn! It is a cool present but not when half of Britain has one laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Dec 26 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #11
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Member No.: 51

Selfie sticks are a CRIME!

I've seen tourists use them a lot, but they seem to be working their way into our population slowly and it seems to have been a popular gift this Christmas. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Dec 26 2014, 12:35 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

This isn't from this year, but many years ago. We were having Christmas dinner in the dining room, which also contained a Christmas Tree. We were talking and I was obviously getting really into what I was saying, and the potato on my fork went flying off and struck the fairy on the Christmas Tree. She never sat right after the attempted murder.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Dec 26 2014, 12:42 PM
Post #13
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(Martyn @ Dec 26 2014, 12:35 PM) *
This isn't from this year, but many years ago. We were having Christmas dinner in the dining room, which also contained a Christmas Tree. We were talking and I was obviously getting really into what I was saying, and the potato on my fork went flying off and struck the fairy on the Christmas Tree. She never sat right after the attempted murder.

I love this! rotf.gif

+Quote Post
*Callum
post Dec 26 2014, 06:30 PM
Post #14
C A L
Member No.: 20,799

taking some goldish icing off of a christmas cake with my dad and putting it in my nan's baking tray with the roast potatoes. she soon discovered what we'd done when both her and my stepmother's potatoes were sweeter than they had anticipated. ahhh good times laugh.gif

EDIT: THE WATERMELON STORY THO AM CRYING

This post has been edited by •CDChristmas•: Dec 26 2014, 06:33 PM

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Dec 26 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #15
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

My Nan bought my sister a rape alarm for Christmas.

+Quote Post
Spiral
post Dec 28 2014, 11:41 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,208

QUOTE(mr_aly @ Dec 26 2014, 12:28 PM) *
Selfie sticks are a CRIME!

I've seen tourists use them a lot, but they seem to be working their way into our population slowly and it seems to have been a popular gift this Christmas. sad.gif

I thought this, until some "special friends" sent me some "special pictures" from different angles thanks to the selfie stick! Now I praise it laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 03:26 AM