BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Non-drinkers
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Riser
post Dec 31 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #1
King of nothing at all
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

As we get ready to celebrate New Year's I'm curious to know if any Buzzjackers, like me, do not drink alcohol, and if so what reason(s) you have.

When growing up I just happened to be in a group of friends that got on amazingly well but never drank together, no matter whose house we were at. So I never felt any pressure to drink which I'm sure is very uncommon! Since turning 21 I've tried beer and wine a few times and didn't care for the taste of either. I don't feel like I'm missing out, and thankfully no one gives me a hard time about it!

Hope I'm not alone here unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Dec 31 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #2
Ooga Boo
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,572

At 22 I've never had more than a sip of alcohol, never been in a club either laugh.gif I'm the only one in my circle of friends not to drink. Most people look shocked when
I tell them I don't like alcohol.
The taste is something I never got around to, plus I've heard SO many horror stories about drinking + diabetes to put me off for life.

This post has been edited by Regina: Dec 31 2014, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Dec 31 2014, 08:32 PM
Post #3
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

QUOTE(Riser @ Dec 31 2014, 08:23 PM) *
As we get ready to celebrate New Year's I'm curious to know if any Buzzjackers, like me, do not drink alcohol, and if so what reason(s) you have.

When growing up I just happened to be in a group of friends that got on amazingly well but never drank together, no matter whose house we were at. So I never felt any pressure to drink which I'm sure is very uncommon! Since turning 21 I've tried beer and wine a few times and didn't care for the taste of either. I don't feel like I'm missing out, and thankfully no one gives me a hard time about it!

Hope I'm not alone here unsure.gif

If you don't like beer or wine you'll more than likely like hard cider. Have you tried it (it IS hard cider in America isn't it?)?

What's a "non-drinker"? laugh.gif

In all honesty over the last couple of months I've drank stupid amounts to the point where I don't know if I could do something like the "go sober for October" or "dry January" things.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Dec 31 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #4
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Beer and Wine is something you need to "learn to drink" in my opinion.

I detested beer, but when I started going out I started drinking it mroe often and right now I hardly drink any other alcohol besides vodka.

(As for the actual topic, I only know 1 nondrinker, who doesn't drink because she can't handle her liquor and when she drinks too much she is a whole other person)

This post has been edited by Timmy TheSnowman: Dec 31 2014, 08:43 PM

+Quote Post
Umi
post Dec 31 2014, 08:47 PM
Post #5
le compromis n'est qu'un synonyme d'échec
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

I don't drink. I have no interest in alcohol and can't imagine why anyone not reliant on it to have a good time would advocate it.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Dec 31 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #6
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

QUOTE(Timmy TheSnowman @ Dec 31 2014, 08:43 PM) *
Beer and Wine is something you need to "learn to drink" in my opinion.

Yeah i agree with this. I didn't really like the taste of either of them initially but i have acquired one and can now binge drink socially and have sensible amounts for pleasure because i enjoy the taste.

On the topic, my guy~ doesn't go to clubs or drink too much at all which is worlds away form what i enjoy but it's nice to do things that don't involve alcohol for once as i never really get to do that too much with my friends tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Dec 31 2014, 08:56 PM
Post #7

I remember the first time I got badly drunk was on vodka and I swore I would never touch it again. Now I'm having like 10-15 doubles on a night out and it doesn't even touch the sides. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post Dec 31 2014, 08:56 PM
Post #8
a.k.a. Marina XCX
Member No.: 8,335

I'm a little socially awkward so I need alcohol to let loose, especially at parties. A bit like Raj from TBBT, but with everyone.

I never seem to drink more than I should, though. I've only got drunk once at my own house.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Dec 31 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #9
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I've been sober for two months because of the meds. Starting to come off them now so it's defo not gonna be a dry January!

I don't need alcohol to have a good time and I really don't understand how people get so drunk they can't walk or look after themselves. I enjoy a glass/bottle of wine with my flatmates every now an then

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Dec 31 2014, 09:11 PM
Post #10
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

Alcohol is essential for living in reality.

Lol I'm just kidding, kinda. I used to drink 3-4 times a week (college life). But, now i get along just fine with a cocktail or three once a week or so. It's all about enjoying in moderation.

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Dec 31 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(TOXIC_AIR @ Dec 31 2014, 09:11 PM) *
Alcohol is essential for living in reality.

Lol I'm just kidding, kinda. I used to drink 3-4 times a week (college life). But, now i get along just fine with a cocktail or three once a week or so. It's all about enjoying in moderation.

When I'm next in America I'mma find you and we can go and get mortal, you'll definitely be having more than a cocktail or three when you're with me!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Dec 31 2014, 09:55 PM
Post #12
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Do try not to kill yourself Oliver, I worry for you reading your posts sometimes.

(have never drunk in my life and have no desire to as things stand, my parents' alcoholism has put me off for life)

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Dec 31 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(ˇbré! @ Dec 31 2014, 09:55 PM) *
Do try not to kill yourself Oliver, I worry for you reading your posts sometimes.

(have never drunk in my life and have no desire to as things stand, my parents' alcoholism has put me off for life)

laugh.gif thanks Bray, it's probably because I post more when I'm pissed then when im sober!!

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 31 2014, 10:15 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

didn't drink alcohol till I was in my 40's, as a) I didn't like the taste and b) I was worried what might come out if I got drunk and c) I'd been around heavy drinkers growing up and drinking heavily did nothing good for anyone involved directly or indirectly. I first got pissed at 44 - I'm not one to rush into things laugh.gif

The downside is you end up the one who remembers what everyone else does and says, you end being nominated driver.

The plus side, you don't feel rubbish next day, you don't spend as much money when out, and you don't damage your health.

I drink socially now, still hate the taste of beer it's just so blerghhh, even though I have one with friends, but I'm very cheap to get tiddly (2 bacardi and coke's does it), get giggly, but enjoy myself in groups with or without alcohol, makes no difference. I like clubs for the music, in the proper setting it's FAB! Much better than on your own.

Cider tastes nice, as does anything with cola in it, the rest I could happily live without. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Dec 31 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #15
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I used to get drunk every now and again (c.f the DRUNK Buzzjack topic), but now if I drink more than a handful of times in a year I'd be surprised, and never to the point of getting drunk. Mainly I don't drink due to a combination of factors - not enjoying being drunk, a tendency to drive to nights out and not liking the taste of beer. If I do drink it's either a Kopparberg, a Crabbie's Ginger Beer or if I'm feeling particularly kooky, a Baileys, but usually no more than 2 drinks in an evening. I'm probably healthier for it, and it means I've got a lot of spare money too.

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Dec 31 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #16

The more I read this thread the worse I feel!

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Dec 31 2014, 10:28 PM
Post #17
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

QUOTE(Holly-ver @ Dec 31 2014, 11:25 PM) *
The more I read this thread the worse I feel!

I am drunk on a near weekly basis, I just don't let y'all know by posting here drunk (well most of the times I don't at least)

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Dec 31 2014, 10:43 PM
Post #18
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I have stopped trying to get drunk lately, because I never really want to experience a hangover again. I enjoy the taste of alcohol sure, and the feeling of being tipsy is okay, so I'll never pass up the odd glass of wine or cider but any quantities of it and I either start feeling bloated (especially with ciders) or get a headache and that's quite the barrier to drinking more. Definitely drinking a whole lot less than I was a couple of years ago, although even then it was very rare for me to get mortal.

Basically I'm probably reduced to 'social drinker' now. Which I'm happy with, I have no desire to get anywhere near alcoholism.

+Quote Post
Abdul Fareek
post Dec 31 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #19
2014 Buzzjack Waste Of Sperm Champion
Group: Banned
Member No.: 16,230
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Timmy TheSnowman @ Dec 31 2014, 10:28 PM) *
I am drunk on a near weekly basis, I just don't let y'all know by posting here drunk (well most of the times I don't at least)

Your liver must be getting damaged on a near weekly basis as well.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Dec 31 2014, 10:52 PM
Post #20
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

QUOTE(Sheikh Abdul @ Dec 31 2014, 11:48 PM) *
Your liver must be getting damaged on a near weekly basis as well.

My liver is adapting to my lifestyle yes

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 06:23 AM