BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The end of Snapchat?, David Cameron also wants to ban iMessage, Face Time, WhatsApp
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
dancember
post Jan 12 2015, 07:34 PM
Post #1
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/ga...ns-9973035.html

David Cameron could block WhatsApp and Snapchat if he wins the next election, as part of his plans for new surveillance powers announced in the wake of the shootings in Paris.

The Prime Minister said today that he would stop the use of methods of communication that cannot be read by the security services even if they have a warrant. But that could include popular chat and social apps that encrypt their data, such as WhatsApp.

Apple's iMessage and FaceTime also encrypt their data, and could fall under the ban along with other encrypted chat apps like Telegram.

What do you guys think of this? I don't use these apps often but it would be a very unpopular move considering how popular Snapchat is. I understand he's trying to prevent terror attacks but terrorists will just use some other method of communication.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Jan 12 2015, 07:36 PM
Post #2
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

NO.

GOD NO.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Jan 12 2015, 07:38 PM
Post #3
if you f*** around, boy i'll hunt you down
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,316

He never runs out of ways to reassure us he's a complete knob.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jan 12 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #4
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Hmm this is sensationalist paper talk. I think it's likely that they would just change the way data is encrypted/stored rather than banning them outright.

That said this is a reason why young people need to vote. Governments walk all over us because we let them, as generally we're too lazy/don't care. Hence why the oldies always benefit and we don't!!!

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Jan 12 2015, 07:44 PM
Post #5
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jan 12 2015, 07:42 PM) *
Hmm this is sensationalist paper talk. I think it's likely that they would just change the way data is encrypted/stored rather than banning them outright.

That said this is a reason why young people need to vote. Governments walk all over us because we let them, as generally we're too lazy/don't care. Hence why the oldies always benefit and we don't!!!

I've became much more involved in politics since the Referendum and I will vote at the election, it will be interesting to see the results of the Scottish votes as I think SNP will dominate.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jan 12 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #6
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Is he mental?

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jan 12 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #7
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Wow. What a complete and utter c**t. I just can't. This is the European Union, not North Korea.

Surely this is illegal under EU law.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Jan 12 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #8
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

This thread makes me feel ancients since I use none of those things ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jan 12 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #9
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(Wall-e @ Jan 12 2015, 07:44 PM) *
I've became much more involved in politics since the Referendum and I will vote at the election, it will be interesting to see the results of the Scottish votes as I think SNP will dominate.

I agree that the SNP are going to do rather well in a post-referendum Scotland.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jan 12 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #10
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I doubt this will actually happen but imagine if it did ohmy.gif It's bad enough that he has the idea though, shame I can't vote in the next general election (as I'll still be 17) but where I live we've had the MP be a conservative for over 40 years, so I'd be surprised if someone else wins this time around.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jan 12 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(► ▲ N @ Jan 12 2015, 07:34 PM) *
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/ga...ns-9973035.html
What do you guys think of this? I don't use these apps often but it would be a very unpopular move considering how popular Snapchat is. I understand he's trying to prevent terror attacks but terrorists will just use some other method of communication.

Yes, but he is either too dim to realise that or thinks that most voters will be too dim to work it out. No doubt the Daily Mail will support him and that's his main concern.

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jan 12 2015, 07:42 PM) *

Precisely. Pensioners have been largely protected by this government for the simple reason that they vote in large numbers. It's all very well to say that governments don't listen to young people but there's one very simple way of making sure they have to.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jan 12 2015, 10:53 PM
Post #12
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jan 12 2015, 08:00 PM) *
Precisely. Pensioners have been largely protected by this government for the simple reason that they vote in large numbers. It's all very well to say that governments don't listen to young people but there's one very simple way of making sure they have to.

Exactly, and it's not just my generation, it's probably the one above mine as well. I think it's easy to give the Lib Dems a hard tine over what happened, young people have to share the blame too. If young people voted in force and made a difference, then the major parties would actually look to give benefits. But the truth is collectively we shy away and don't think it concerns us, hence why we get shafted. It's a cycle really, and it will take someone much more intelligent and better with words than I am to get under 30s to stand up and be counted.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 12 2015, 11:15 PM
Post #13
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I think the funding and lobbying of the major political parties by corporations has much more of an influence than a 100% turnout of under 30s. Sadly.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jan 12 2015, 11:29 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Jan 12 2015, 11:15 PM) *
I think the funding and lobbying of the major political parties by corporations has much more of an influence than a 100% turnout of under 30s. Sadly.

Maybe so but there are many constituencies with a university which means that there are a lot of young voters. University students have the rare opportunity of being able to register in two places and choose where to vote. Therefore, they can choose to vote in the constituency where their vote has the best chance of making a difference. If students vote in large numbers, the parties will be under more pressure to attract their vote.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jan 12 2015, 11:35 PM
Post #15
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jan 13 2015, 12:29 AM) *
Maybe so but there are many constituencies with a university which means that there are a lot of young voters. University students have the rare opportunity of being able to register in two places and choose where to vote. Therefore, they can choose to vote in the constituency where their vote has the best chance of making a difference. If students vote in large numbers, the parties will be under more pressure to attract their vote.

A few of my mates who went to university over in England took advantage of that to vote for the national parties that don't field candidates in Northern Ireland. They voted for the Lib Dems.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jan 12 2015, 11:47 PM
Post #16
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Duplicate f***ing post >_>

Where is the promised DELETE button?

This post has been edited by SPINUMINATI ADAM: Jan 12 2015, 11:50 PM

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jan 12 2015, 11:49 PM
Post #17

I don't use these these things but THIS is unacceptable nono.gif

If he's ever found logging in to BJ please ban him. He just isn't welcome and probz illuminati anyways teresa.gif

His name is David Camera with all the horrible things he as done. Anyone remember that video

"This is the party of the motherfuckers"? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Jan 13 2015, 12:26 AM
Post #18
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

Soz to ruin everyone's hysterics, but even as a Labour supporter consumed with loathing for the man, there is absolutely no way this will happen.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jan 13 2015, 12:47 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(Qassändra @ Jan 13 2015, 12:26 AM) *
Soz to ruin everyone's hysterics, but even as a Labour supporter consumed with loathing for the man, there is absolutely no way this will happen.

Yes it seems unlikely as long as it stays popular enough there will be too many angry customers losing their ability to use the apps. And Cameron's full assholity will this be REVEALED.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jan 13 2015, 11:21 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

I don't use Whatsapp as everyone else I message has an iPhone.

BUT I NEED iMessage!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 12:10 PM