BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Italy · Eurovision Song Contest 2015, Il Volo - Grande Amore
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Jan 16 2015, 11:59 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Italy
Il Volo - Grande Amore

RAI have announced that the winner of next year’s Sanremo Music Festival will go on to represent Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015.

This far from the first time the two competitions have been linked in this way in Italy, but it is the first time since their return that the decision has been taken to essentially make Eurovision participation a part of the Sanremo prize.

From 2011-2013, a special jury was put together to select an artist from the Sanremo festival considered suitable to go on to represent the country at Eurovision, with 2013’s selection Marco Mengoni happening to go on and win the festival as well; he finished 7th in the Eurovision Song Contest final in Malmö with his Sanremo-winning song ‘L’essenziale.’

Last year the connection between the two competitions was broken, as Emma Marrone was internally selected to represent the country in Eurovision, ultimately finishing 21st; Italy’s worst result since their return to the contest.

It is perhaps in light of this that RAI has decided once again to use Sanremo to find their entrant, and Eurovision fans will be watching even more intently than usual as the winner of the contest that originally inspired Eurovision will be the artist to go on to represent the country in Vienna.

It is not yet clear whether the winning song will automatically go to Eurovision, or just the artist, but stay tuned for more information!

ESC Xtra

It's great that following their underwhleming result last year they've taken things a step further with making the winner go to Eurovision and not just the winner of their "special panel" like in 2011 to 2013.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cal
post Feb 6 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 5,964
   No Gallery Pics

Some great artists in the Big Artists category this year! Annalisa, Nina Zilli, Il Volo, and Moreno are all great so I hope they're on form.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 14 2015, 11:41 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

The three superfinalists are:

Il Volo - Grande amore
Nek - Fatti avanti amore
Malika Ayane - Adesso e qui

Il Volo are expected to be runaway winners but let's see!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 15 2015, 01:32 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Il Volo won and eurovision.tv confirmed that they will be representing Italy in Vienna, they also reportedly confirmed this themselves in the press conference following San Remo. It's therefore pretty much confirmed that 'Grande amore' will be the song for Eurovision as they don't seem to have any other songs recently unlike Nina Zilli had a few years ago to choose between.

It's nice and I can see it coming across very well on the Eurovision stage, however considering this is being called a Eurovision winner and is an early favourite at the bookmakers, I can't see it doing much better than 'Sognu' - probably a low top 10 at best.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Feb 15 2015, 09:25 AM
Post #5
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

It's decent enough for Italy I guess. But I'm on board with them more than the song itself.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Feb 19 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #6
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

The song has been confirmed to go to Vienna.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 03:57 PM