BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> art galleries / museums / cultural and historic institutions
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
jjake
post Jan 24 2015, 05:01 PM
Post #1
jenny from human resources
Group: Members
Member No.: 47

was just wondering how often do people go to cultural or natural places of interest be it a museum, art gallery, historic building, even to a nature reserve.

i am doing a module on london history and it requires a lot of trips to various different museums and i must say i am really liking it ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
casey__
post Jan 24 2015, 10:33 PM
Post #2
equally cursed & blessed
Member No.: 6,654

any particularly great galleries / museums apart from the obvious ones, jake? can i tag-along?

Kew Gardens wub.gif I also used to spend a lot of time walking / cycling around Richmond Park when i was at uni too.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jan 25 2015, 07:20 AM
Post #3
King of nothing at all
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

I had to do that every once in a while during my undergrad (mostly museums) but haven't kept the routine going since then. Such places are out of the way for me so that doesn't help!

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 25 2015, 11:31 AM
Post #4
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I do enjoy the odd bit of culture/art, but don't go that frequently as nobody ever wants to come with me. : (

I have been to the Lentos Kunstmuseum in Linz a few times, and a few times to both the British museum where my sister works, and the V&A to see the David Bowie exhibition and recently the 'disobedient objects' exhibition.

+Quote Post
jjake
post Jan 25 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #5

what does your sister do at the british museum blindly?

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 25 2015, 11:38 AM
Post #6
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Jan 25 2015, 11:35 AM) *
what does your sister do at the british museum blindly?

She's a gallery curator, so she works with the artists when they set up and helps to manage the exhibition when it tours. A v interesting job, much more interesting than mine.

+Quote Post
jjake
post Jan 25 2015, 11:47 AM
Post #7

tbh both of your jobs are incredible (what with me switching from an environmental earth sciences degree to a history one)

if you are ever in ldn dr b and looking for a good museum i would highly recommend the horniman if you don't know it already in south london. it is amazing and possibly my favourite museum (after the national railway museum naturally)

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jan 25 2015, 12:30 PM
Post #8
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Jan 24 2015, 05:01 PM) *

was just wondering how often do people go to cultural or natural places of interest be it a museum, art gallery, historic building, even to a nature reserve.

i am doing a module on london history and it requires a lot of trips to various different museums and i must say i am really liking it ohmy.gif

On some of the modules offered by my history department, you're heavily encouraged to go to galleries and museums for original source work to use in assignments but I've never been, woops kink.gif

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 25 2015, 01:10 PM
Post #9
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Jan 25 2015, 11:47 AM) *
if you are ever in ldn dr b and looking for a good museum i would highly recommend the horniman if you don't know it already in south london. it is amazing and possibly my favourite museum (after the national railway museum naturally)

Cool, I am in LDN in May for a conference so will definitely take up your recommendation! Thanks Jake.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 09:40 PM