BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Student SLAMS teacher to the ground and assaults him, :///
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Jan 26 2015, 06:31 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

So this video has surfaced and is doing the rounds on the internet. It shows a student (16) violently assaulting a teacher (62), who confiscated his phone. Couldn't even deal with waiting for the end of the lesson to retrieve it, so went for violence instead.

Struck a chord with me, being a teacher in training myself, but i'm sure we can all relate to it. It shows a complete lack of respect and is quite harrowing to see it unfold. Some of the children shout at him to stop, but none intervene. The pupil has been suspended and charged with assault by the police.

What do others think of the incident? And hopefully not to this level, but have you ever witnessed/been involved in similar teacher-shaming episodes? The worst i can remember is when a group of students brought loads of food during break to throw at a teacher in the lesson. They hurled sausage rolls at him, and that was the final straw, as he walked out of the classroom and had to take leave for months due to depression and a breakdown :/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jan 26 2015, 06:37 PM
Post #2
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,421

Ugh this is terrible sad.gif I do feel like students forget that teachers are human at the end of the day and don't understand the implications that their behaviour has on the teacher's wellbeing! Teaching has to be one of the toughest professions to be in so kudos to you Haus for going for it!

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Jan 26 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Wow, don't know what to say. Is society so fixated on mobiles and other technology that some would resort to violence to retrieve it? Does the kid not realise that it was him in the wrong in the first place for presumably having his phone out when he shouldn't?

The guy who was filming isn't any better though. Something shocking like this is happening and you'd rather film it instead of intervene? Ridiculous.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Jan 26 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #4
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

That's ridiculous, but sadly not really shocking at all. I never experienced a thing like that when I was at school, but I know the year after I left a boy slapped a teacher (he was expelled natch).

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Jan 26 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #5
I go up, I come down and I'm emptier inside.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

Awful.

In my perfect world this would be enough to send someone to jail for like a year. What a useless assault.

Also, the amount of racist comments on YT at this video make me sad, but that's another story.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Jan 26 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I have been a teacher for 3 and a half years and trained for a year beforehand and thankfully I have never been in a situation like that. I do know teachers who have had to defend themselves against students in the past.

Our current Year 11 contains members who are extremely disrespectful and do not respond when told not to do something. For that gang, it's an image thing and they have to be seen to not be afraid of teachers. Not that any teachers are a particular threat to them at all. I do believe it'll only be a matter of time within the remainder of the academic year before one of them tries something like in the above video. Thankfully our Year 10s don't have the same issues.

Some children really are that attached to their technology though. I recall one girl telling me that she felt wrong without a phone in her hand.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jan 26 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #7
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Horrible to watch, I hope that toerag gets a suitable punishment to go along with his suspension, the fact it's a 62 year old and he looked so casual/guilt free after doing it was disgusting :/ it does indeed highlight the complete lack of respect students have at that age group - I have so much respect for all teachers, particularly secondary school level, having to teach other people's children, who are sometimes extremely over-confident and lacking in knowledge that this is shaping the rest of their lives, is something that would get close to killing me. I don't think students really realise what they're doing until after they've finished and in the working world.

I never experienced things on a bad level, though there were plenty of teachers walking out of lessons. There were two cases of teachers excluded for assaulting students!

Even more sad is Youtube have of course turned this into a racism debate , that top comment...:/

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jan 26 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #8
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

so awful, thankfully we haven't had a teacher be assaulted at my school though that's not to say their jobs are easy, I do have respect for teachers who have to put up with students' crap whilst trying to teach them.

and why even are people actually LIKING the racist YouTube comments on this video? manson.gif

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Jan 26 2015, 07:16 PM
Post #9
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

YouTube comments are a no-brain zone people, the cesspit of human ignorance. I have posted this before and I will post it again!

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Jan 26 2015, 07:17 PM
Post #10
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I think it's not just an issue of lack of respect for teachers. They may bear the brunt of it being in day to day contact but I think there are sadly some people out there that just have no respect for other human beings.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jan 26 2015, 07:23 PM
Post #11
masala me
Member No.: 12,929

Jesus. I have never seen such blatant disregard for a teacher's authority (although I probably got off lightly at my school), that is just frightening, and sad, that there are kids that think that doing this will benefit them in any possible way. No one comes out of this sort of thing with good feelings.

Suffice it to say that teaching is one of the routes I may well go into, and this sort of thing would be exactly the sort of thing I would hope to not have the misfortune of encountering should I choose to do that. The poor guy looks so helpless.

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Jan 26 2015, 07:31 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jan 26 2015, 07:23 PM) *
The poor guy looks so helpless.

This has sparked a thought that the teacher probably wouldn't have been able to defend himself otherwise he'd be the one punished, as wrong as that would be.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jan 26 2015, 07:33 PM
Post #13
masala me
Member No.: 12,929

Yeah, that also sprang to my mind. Probably sued for 'laying hands' on the student. Which if it's the case, is pretty sad.

+Quote Post
April
post Jan 26 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #14
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

That's awful. It really saddens me when I see such a lack of respect for teachers. Fortunately I've never been in such a situation myself, but it really would not be pleasant. The sad situation is that there's always one or two teachers at a school who struggle and suffer in silence with lack of respect from their students. I know one of my former colleagues used to bribe one of her classes with chocolate because it was so bad, and the poor woman ended up taking months off for stress and eventually quit her job.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jan 26 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #15
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

The racist comments are obviously gravely disgusting too, and i didn't even see them when i watched the video (i rarely scroll down on Youtube videos for that very reason).

On the subject of technology, it's pretty much embedded in them now that they can't be without their phone or they'll miss the latest tweet/facebook post/instagram picture whatever. I say "they", i am very guilty of it myself and am rarely without my phone when not working. I obviously maintain professionalism when i am working - and the fact phones are BANNED in the classroom - but being in the same generation as these teenagers (just about!!1) I can see where it stems from. That's not to excuse such heinous behaviour obviously, but i suppose it is an addiction of sorts, and in this instance that fix was taken away.

Also the irony that it was all filmed on another's mobile phone ~

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 26 2015, 10:21 PM
Post #16
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

This is one of those things where I just don't know what's worse drama.gif All of it - the actual student, the horrible person FILMING it rather than helping or stopping his (presumable) friend and the terrible racist comments - is disgusting really and horrible to watch/read.

I am thinking of perhaps teaching if not actually training further into psychology after my degree but the worry of things like that happening... :/

It's also worrying people are that attached to technology. Admittedly I do check my phone and ipad etc. a lot when at home, but if I'm at school, out with my friends etc I do have the ability for it not to be my life support laugh.gif

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jan 26 2015, 11:21 PM
Post #17
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

As reactionary and Daily Mail comments section as this will inevitably sound, things like this are the main reason that I am dead set on never going into teaching. I went to quite a tame school by those standards but I heard of a lot of teachers at nearby schools that had to quit/take early retirement for stress reasons.

+Quote Post
Harve
post Jan 27 2015, 01:34 AM
Post #18
when I notice the world is falling apart I will run a bath
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LexC @ Jan 27 2015, 12:21 AM) *
As reactionary and Daily Mail comments section as this will inevitably sound, things like this are the main reason that I am dead set on never going into teaching. I went to quite a tame school by those standards but I heard of a lot of teachers at nearby schools that had to quit/take early retirement for stress reasons.

I was definitely in an business GCSE class which was, to put it bluntly, ruining the teacher's life. It was pretty evident by the way she ran out the class crying because someone had pulled a mooney right in her face or had a textbook thrown at her, or someone had spent the last 10 minutes mimicking her strong Stoke accent for example. I think she had problems in the first place and I don't think she was in the right profession (i.e. a different teacher would've responded better / would've never lost control over a class so badly to allow such incidents to occur), but obviously that's no justification for treating a fellow human like that.

:/

I knew all this at the time but I didn't do anything. At least from a pupil's point of view, there's no procedure for things like this occurring.

+Quote Post
Umi
post Jan 27 2015, 08:09 PM
Post #19
le compromis n'est qu'un synonyme d'échec
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

I don't know why this issue is being turned into an "omg technology addiction" thing. I'm pretty sure it had more to do with entitled brats not wanting anything confiscated in general rather than someone not being able to live without their phone in particular.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jan 27 2015, 08:16 PM
Post #20
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

"This video has been removed by the user" damn nocheer.gif

Looking at the description though: DISPICABLE nono.gif

And wtf he has issues man drama.gif

This post has been edited by SPINUMINATI ADAM: Jan 27 2015, 08:17 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 08:56 PM