BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Catastrophe , channel 4 / funny
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
jjake
post Jan 31 2015, 05:13 AM
Post #1
jenny from human resources
Group: Members
Member No.: 47

new british comedy that has strarted recently, really refreshing storyline and very dark and very funny:

anybody watching?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jark
post Jan 31 2015, 09:53 AM
Post #2
something you consider rare
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,990

I've heard good things, and the fact that Carrie Fisher of ALL PEOPLE is in the mix makes me want to watch

I'll hit up 4OD + report back

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Jan 31 2015, 01:04 PM
Post #3
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I've also heard very good things about this and it's already been renewed for a second series! TV needs more GOOD comedies/sitcoms, the list in the NTAs was nearly horrendous.

+Quote Post
Mistletheo
post Feb 2 2015, 01:57 PM
Post #4
IDGAF
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 8,661

I've quite liked this so far! It's been very well cast, I especially love Ashley Jensen. I didn't realise until seeing Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney on The Graham Norton Show that they actually wrote/conceptualised the format! So much better than C4's other recent opuses.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Feb 2 2015, 02:56 PM
Post #5
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

I watched the first episode of this last night and very much enjoyed it! Very funny in places and I like the two leads, even more impressive that they both wrote it!

Liked seeing Ashley Jensen in something again as well.

I enjoy comedies like this where it's a comedy-drama rather than when it's filmed in front of a studio audience as it obviously feels more genuine and you can get invested in it more.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Nov 4 2015, 11:32 PM
Post #6
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

So this returned last week, so soon after the first series!

The short time between the two series made me even more surprised at the revelation that the original baby had already been born and that they'd had another one on the way! I enjoyed the first series a lot but I think this one is working even better now the children have been born. The first series was good to see them sort out a life so quickly but now it's good to see them dealing with parenthood.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Apr 5 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #7
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

Third series just finished last night and it was another excellent one. The writing is brilliant, it's very funny but it handles some really serious issues along with way. The ending of last night's episode was so well done and a great payoff to that storyline. As anaside, next series I need more of Ashley Jensen, she's fantastic in the role!

Last night's episode was also bittersweet in that it featured Carrie Fisher's last TV role cry.gif She's always been fantastic in this in the occasional appearance that she made and she will be truly missed in this series.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 05:01 PM