BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ridiculous purchases~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Feb 19 2015, 05:54 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

^ yesterday i spent just over 50 on that. I am collecting the Disney limited edition blu-rays and this particular one is incredibly rare and hard to find so i just COULDN'T RESIST. The worst bit it, it doesn't even come with the actual blu-ray disc or case, it's JUST the cardboard cover mellow.gif (that i can now place over the blu-ray i already have).

I am usually quite spend savvy but these collectables have brought out a HORRIBLE side to me sad.gif they are so adorable.

Have you ever purchased or did something and then immediately thought... wow that would look ridiculous to anyone else? Any collectables/special edition things you've paid silly prices for?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 19 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #2
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Importing Lorde's 5-track EP from New Zealand for ~20 when I already owned three songs on it is about as far as it goes for me but that was worth it.

I would not spend 50 on some cardboard though Bal laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Feb 19 2015, 06:00 PM
Post #3
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Members
Member No.: 15,367

What is special about that particular one Bal?

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Feb 19 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

I spent 60 on a Melodifestivalen box set a few years ago. It was clearly well worth it for a huge book (which is all in Swedish and hence I can't understand a word of) and the massively valuable disc of demos *.*

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Feb 19 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #5
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

not to add salt to the wounds but isn't that one just for sale in the Disney Store? I think I remember seeing it in London (not sure tho)

Edit: nvm I lied, it'a no available online either

I once spent €20 on a fitness meal plan + workout plan... Dunno why but I never used it

This post has been edited by *Tim: Feb 19 2015, 06:07 PM

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Feb 19 2015, 06:08 PM
Post #6
Henrietta R Hippo

The 'Lady and the Tramp' one is going for crazy prices online Tim, you probably saw the DVD version not blu-ray~

Most of them you can get for around 15 (and i've spent up to 300 worth of those and only half way through getting them all blush.gif) but this one was super rare!

QUOTE(Gage @ Feb 19 2015, 06:00 PM) *
What is special about that particular one Bal?

Disney released these special edition ones that all come with a slip case on top (the slip case is what i brought). There are no special features, just they look adorable and they're all numbered so you can collect them all ('Frozen' is #52 for example as the most recent).

Without the slipcases they are just normal blu-rays, with them they become a COLLECTION that look beautiful together:

http://instagram.com/p/xKzvsaDsWe/?modal=true

wub.gif

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Feb 19 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #7
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

QUOTE(HausofFrasier @ Feb 19 2015, 06:08 PM) *
The 'Lady and the Tramp' one is going for crazy prices online Tim, you probably saw the DVD version not blu-ray~

Most of them you can get for around 15 (and i've spent up to 300 worth of those and only half way through getting them all blush.gif) but this one was super rare!
Disney released these special edition ones that all come with a slip case on top (the slip case is what i brought). There are no special features, just they look adorable and they're all numbered so you can collect them all ('Frozen' is #52 for example as the most recent).

Without the slipcases they are just normal blu-rays, with them they become a COLLECTION that look beautiful together:

wub.gif

Surely there is a store somewhere in your area that has 'Lady and the Tramp'? ohmy.gif

I'm sure my local ASDA has it for 15. unsure.gif

We're also collecting them Bal, just haven't gone as far as yourself yet. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Feb 19 2015, 06:25 PM
Post #8
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Gage @ Feb 19 2015, 06:20 PM) *
Surely there is a store somewhere in your area that has 'Lady and the Tramp'? ohmy.gif

I'm sure my local ASDA has it for 15. unsure.gif

We're also collecting them Bal, just haven't gone as far as yourself yet. laugh.gif

The blu-ray!? NO WAY. They're selling the DVDs for that price i think?

I want proof ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Feb 19 2015, 06:25 PM
Post #9
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Aw Bal bless you! They had these in HMV (or something very similar? don't remember them being that expensive! Edit: I think it was DVD format not BluRay!) while I was working there and they looked adorable!

Connected to the collection thread, I used to spend ridiculous amounts when I collected Spice Girls (baring in mind I was probably 11-14 so pretty much all money went on this!) buying the most random stuff like SG lollipops unopened from 1997! I wanted a gold disc as well but never got one. sad.gif I could never just be into something I'd have to go the whole way!

This post has been edited by Jade: Feb 19 2015, 06:29 PM

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Feb 19 2015, 06:32 PM
Post #10
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 19 2015, 06:25 PM) *
Aw Bal bless you! They had these in HMV (or something very similar? don't remember them being that expensive! Edit: I think it was DVD format not BluRay!) while I was working there and they looked adorable!

I got a lot of the blu-rays from HMV ohmy.gif they had them for 10 which is incredible value!

(i am not spending 50 on ALL of them btw laugh.gif just this particular one was very hard to find (and it's a classic film obviously~))

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Feb 19 2015, 07:07 PM
Post #11
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

QUOTE(HausofFrasier @ Feb 19 2015, 06:08 PM) *

wub.gif

Bal ohmy.gif !!!

I started getting my favourites with this packaging. I have Frozen, Wreck It Ralph, Mulan, The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan. I am desperate for The Black Cauldron one but cannot find it anywhere sad.gif

This post has been edited by Cameron: Feb 19 2015, 07:07 PM

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 19 2015, 07:08 PM
Post #12
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

I once spent about 22 on postage for a 10 CD laugh.gif Jon McLaughlin's latest album, which was not available anywhere else. I had already downloaded it off itunes but I
NEEDED the physical copy.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Feb 19 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #13
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Cost me 15 euros in Berlin with a picture of Brandenburg Gate on it, like I regret it *.*

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Feb 19 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #14
Beautiful Trauma
Member No.: 590

QUOTE(HausofFrasier @ Feb 19 2015, 05:54 PM) *

^ yesterday i spent just over 50 on that. I am collecting the Disney limited edition blu-rays and this particular one is incredibly rare and hard to find so i just COULDN'T RESIST. The worst bit it, it doesn't even come with the actual blu-ray disc or case, it's JUST the cardboard cover mellow.gif (that i can now place over the blu-ray i already have).

I am usually quite spend savvy but these collectables have brought out a HORRIBLE side to me sad.gif they are so adorable.

Have you ever purchased or did something and then immediately thought... wow that would look ridiculous to anyone else? Any collectables/special edition things you've paid silly prices for?

I've seen those slip cases on eBay, couldn't believe people are paying so much to buy them tbh ohmy.gif laugh.gif I've got a couple of the 'villains' ones, they're not going for as much as the classics, but i might put them on eBay heehee.gif

Anyway my last ridiculous purchase... well it wasn't ridiculous, I really really wanted it, I spent over 200 on a P!nk photo book on 30th december...STILL haven't got it, because they're now on backorder cry.gif

+Quote Post
Jester
post Feb 19 2015, 07:41 PM
Post #15
On Hold
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12

I got The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast with those covers, Bal. Never realised the Lady and the Tramp in that slipcase was so rare ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Feb 19 2015, 09:17 PM
Post #16
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

I bought a bread-bun phone case for 15 that turned my phone into a literal brick. However it did smell really strongly of cupcake (which it wasn't supposed to) which I guess is a positive?

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Feb 19 2015, 09:31 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, I would spend any amount of money to get hold of 1960's DC Adventure Comics starring the Legion Of Super-Heroes (now in planning stages after 46 years of waiting for a blockbuster motion picture Guardians Of The Galaxy/Avengers stylee). The first issue starring the legion is out of my price-bracket though, it dates from 1958 and goes for hundreds of pounds or more these days.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Feb 20 2015, 01:36 PM
Post #18
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Jester @ Feb 19 2015, 07:41 PM) *
I got The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast with those covers, Bal. Never realised the Lady and the Tramp in that slipcase was so rare ohmy.gif

The Lion King cover is majestic <3 that one and the Dumbo cover are my favourites i think.

QUOTE(Cameron @ Feb 19 2015, 07:07 PM) *
Bal ohmy.gif !!!

I started getting my favourites with this packaging. I have Frozen, Wreck It Ralph, Mulan, The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan. I am desperate for The Black Cauldron one but cannot find it anywhere sad.gif

Eek, that looks like another super elusive one (moreso than Lady and the Tramp) :/ let me know if you find it anywhere and i'll do the same ~

I had no idea others on here were getting them too! ohmy.gif They are so simple and "basic" but lovely things to have, especially because the films mean so much to me. I have just counted and i am up to 24 in my collection now. I have all the essential ones that i watched as a child, now just need to get the others. Can't stop now !!1

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Feb 20 2015, 01:43 PM
Post #19
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Kl▲mzee @ Feb 19 2015, 09:17 PM) *
I bought a bread-bun phone case for 15 that turned my phone into a literal brick. However it did smell really strongly of cupcake (which it wasn't supposed to) which I guess is a positive?

huh.gif

(a quick google shows that there are special scented editions of these things, whatever they are~)

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Feb 20 2015, 01:45 PM
Post #20
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Member No.: 67

This was pre-sober Tyler. But, once while drunk I spent twenty dollars on the Kim Kardashian Hollywood app in order to buy "clothes". One of my most shameful moments. Alcohol is evil.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 11:02 AM