BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TV Game Shows, which ones do you like watching?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Feb 22 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

so i thought i'd ask.

i'm a big game show fan and was wondering what game shows everyone likes?. (current shows), or shows that have been on TV within the past year

here are my comments:

the link- love the concept. mark williams is a really good presenter, and you can tell from his style that he really enjoys it.

varied game, with the last round being really difficult to win which makes the game always new and fresh- you never know how much they will take away with them

perfection- i really don't like the presenting style. the guy seems like he just wants it over and does not really want to interact with the contestants (but it's in the script, so he has to do it anyway)

the game was good to start off with, now getting boring

tipping point: don't see the excitement in it what so ever. i've stoppd watching it

the chase- again, it was good to start with- and it's still okay (seeing as their's more than 1 chaser to pick from). think it's time to put something new in the game though. i don't know what, but the current format is getting very repetitive

deal or no deal/ countdown: same as tipping point. i'm not interested

your thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
April
post Feb 22 2015, 12:03 PM
Post #2
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

The Chase is my favourite - quite exciting to watch for just a game show. Pointless is a good alternative if its not on, but I find that gets a little boring because it's got more filler than The Chase.

Perfection is ok, I've watched it a few times and with a more charismatic presenter it could be as successful as Pointless. The Link is quite an interesting concept, but I haven't seen it other than the first episode.

I do miss The Weakest Link - I used to love watching that every evening when I came home.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Feb 22 2015, 12:33 PM
Post #3
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I've always enjoyed game shows but I wish commissioners would put more effort in producing a good one for primetime. With the recent success over daytime, it just seems as though game shows have been shunned to there with the exception of the old favourites of the National Lottery/Family Fortunes/Catchphrase.

Of the daytime shows, I used to really enjoy 'Pointless' but, whilst I will still watch it whenever, it does slightly grate on me how slow/repetitive it is ie always repeating the questions/answers given. It's a great concept though. I've grown more and more towards 'The Chase' especially the final part of that as it's slightly more tense.

I find 'Perfection' very dull and would only ever have it on in the background. 'Tipping Point' is also dull but sometimes draws me in... I can't get over some of the commentary given by the contestants or Ben Shephard though 'oo it's a rider but it could still knock over those two right at the edge'

I've enjoyed 'Fifteen to One' on Channel 4 a lot more than I thought I would as I enjoy the tactics after the first round. 'Deal or No Deal' though I cannot stand anymore. It's INCREDIBLY slow (who made the choice of EXTENDING the time of the show??) and the fact they pretend it's tactical (aside from the Bankers deals) when it's nothing more than LUCK.

I used to like a game show called 'Divided' where teams of three strangers would help contribute towards a final total and then it would always fall to pieces at the end where they had to unanimously agree who would take disproportionate amounts of the final winnings ie 30,000 divided into 15,000, 10,000, 5,000, whilst the money was reducing with every second.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Feb 22 2015, 01:37 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

april,

i also used to enjoy watching the weakest link. anne robbinson's comments were always so funny.

i wonder if the BBC will ever bring it back?

even though anne robinson left the show, why not?. it's a popular show. and look at the success of the ITV revivals.

1 gameshow i forgot to mention was the exit list.

i wish they'd renew that for a second series. but oh well, they arn't going to.. so best get used to it.

sometimes i wish i was in charge of renewing tv series, so that i could insure all the shows i like got new series, like it or not

first thing i'd bring back is fort boyard..

+Quote Post
kye
post Feb 22 2015, 01:45 PM
Post #5
Aesthetic Party
Member No.: 2,169

Divided was amazing. It was hilarious watching all three argue and put forward their case as to why they should have the most money. The funniest bit was when the person who had contributed the least was adamant they were taking the most money home! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Feb 22 2015, 01:48 PM
Post #6
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Scherz @ Feb 22 2015, 01:45 PM) *
Divided was amazing. It was hilarious watching all three argue and put forward their case as to why they should have the most money. The funniest bit was when the person who had contributed the least was adamant they were taking the most money home! laugh.gif

Yes that's why I loved it! There was one where it was especially clear where someone had been answering all the questions and another who'd answered like one or two yet they were still certain they should get the most money!

It should be brought back in this rising popularity of daytime game shows.

+Quote Post
April
post Feb 22 2015, 02:05 PM
Post #7
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

QUOTE(bipolar angel @ Feb 22 2015, 01:37 PM) *
april,

i also used to enjoy watching the weakest link. anne robbinson's comments were always so funny.

i wonder if the BBC will ever bring it back?

even though anne robinson left the show, why not?. it's a popular show. and look at the success of the ITV revivals.

The problem was they overkilled it by having it 6 days a week, like they're doing now with Pointless. But I think it's been off air long enough to make a comeback now. But only once a week in primetime, rather than a daily show.

Also, Anne Robinson was The Weakest Link. Would it really work without her? Maybe if they found the right replacement, but it would be big shoes to fill!

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Feb 24 2015, 04:50 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(April @ Feb 22 2015, 02:05 PM) *
The problem was they overkilled it by having it 6 days a week, like they're doing now with Pointless. But I think it's been off air long enough to make a comeback now. But only once a week in primetime, rather than a daily show.

Also, Anne Robinson was The Weakest Link. Would it really work without her? Maybe if they found the right replacement, but it would be big shoes to fill!

i'm not sure i agree about the once a week thing.

gameshows like pointless are good for people to watch when they come back from work

and look at the chase

i remember when they first put the chase in the 5 PM slot and it's still their, only replaced briefly by something else

what does that say about the ratings for the chase

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 02:54 AM