BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happiness., Feat Alexis Jordan.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheGrinch
post Mar 13 2015, 12:05 AM
Post #1
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

When was the last time you thought to yourself how happy you were with life? I've always been content with how things were progressing in life but over the last week managing two presentations, handing in two strong essays and having a job that I love I sat down and realised how happy I was with things. I'm such an over thinker and it was the first time in a long time that I knew how happy I was.

When was the last time you sat down and knew how happy you were with life? biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Mar 13 2015, 12:11 AM
Post #2
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

When Conor premiered "Talking About".

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 13 2015, 12:27 AM
Post #3
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Similarly Lee, it was yesterday when I handed in my latest essay, I felt so happy having done that given I felt it went well, not that I've had it marked yet, but with that I kinda felt so happy with everything.

And I feel comfortable with how I'm doing at uni right now, which is unusual for me. Probably because I can see that the end is in sight and there's just a few final pushes to go through.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Mar 13 2015, 01:04 AM
Post #4
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I often think I don't appreciate how happy I am in life as I always look ahead to the future and/or worry too much and it's only retrospect that I realise I was in a happier place.

Nonetheless the last few years in terms of doing well in what I've been working towards, gaining independence and making new friends as well as staying in touch with old ones I think I have been truly happy. There's been things that could still improve but in all honesty, I can't think of much I can complain about, I can only hope that things keep progressing and I don't let anything go too much to change that.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 13 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #5
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Poor shunned Alexis Jordan sad.gif

Anyway, I'd say like... Jan last year? :/ Obviously I've not been constantly down since then, I've had periods of a couple of weeks or so where things have been great but overall since then most things that can go wrong have laugh.gif Right now, and for the past few months, home life has been largely awful and I've got all these pressures on me - exams, coursework, homework, money, saving, uni looming over me, getting a job etc. I definitely think uni will take me back to October 2013-Jan 2014ish which in hindsight was one of the best periods of my life. Sixth form was just starting so there weren't too many pressures on me, and everything just felt right at that moment, starting from when I came out properly to everyone in October really.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 13 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #6
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

I'm sure it's Chris Malinchak ft. MNEK kink.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 13 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

in life generally, 1979/80 (uni days) was the last time I was genuinely consistently happy. The mid-90's were pretty good socially and things ticked along nicely. Doh!

Since then, there are always good days, like on holidays, or happy evenings out, or a good laugh watching TV or with friends, but my life generally is pretty stressful these days and buzzjack/music is my crutch. I said "crutch"! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Mar 13 2015, 08:09 PM
Post #8
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

I think the past couple years I can definitely say I've been generally happy/content with my life! I remember before I was constantly saying to myself that things will be better when I grow up/when this happens/if this happens and it was a constant cycle of trying to reach 'goals' to justify 'being happy', but idk something just clicked with me that I've got to make the most of the present and that everyone is fighting their own battles even if they appear fine on the outside and I guess since then my outlook has been much better on life! Probably helps that my self-confidence has dramatically improved since I was 14/15 too.

Happiness is one of those things I do think about quite a lot as it is one of the most important things to strive for in life imo, I guess not everything in my life has to be under control for me to be happy, just as long as I'm on the right track!

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 13 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #9
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Liаm @ Mar 13 2015, 02:00 PM) *
Poor shunned Alexis Jordan sad.gif

She originally helped me to be happy. I don't normally say a song changed my life but that one did, started me and the personality I say is mine (in other words, my maturing) off at least, and it's why I came to Buzzjack as the Alexis loon. I've been on a generally upward trajectory, not completely but there are always pitfalls, with my own self-worth and happiness ever since I heard it. It might have happened anyway but I definitely feel that it helped me a lot in late 2010/early 2011.

So this is definitely her thread!

+Quote Post
M.
post Mar 13 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I have days when I'm very optimistic and positive, and I have days where I feel completely lost in life. I don't really know what I want and it's terrifying at times. There are little things in everyday life that can make me happy beyond belief, but in terms of the bigger picture, I'm pretty lost right now.

This post has been edited by Mattias: Mar 13 2015, 08:22 PM

+Quote Post
Riser
post Mar 13 2015, 11:25 PM
Post #11
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I remember a couple years ago, taking a step back and realizing for the first time how happy I was with life. It's good to recognize that and appreciate the feeling.

Lately I've been thinking to myself how lucky I am to have a job that I really like and especially to have certain amazing people in my life. If I could just be more comfortable around them and stop being so timid, that's the only thing missing for me at the moment. But I've gone from feeling very happy to feeling very lucky. Always counting my blessings, I guess!

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post Mar 14 2015, 12:01 AM
Post #12
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

I honestly can't remember the last time I've been truly happy with myself/my life. I've had really enjoyable experiences over the last few years and I think of myself as incredibly fortunate in general, but on a deeper level, I've felt consistently unfulfilled for a long time. It's always been on my mind but recently my unhappiness has become more difficult to ignore. I tend to present myself as being carefree to nearly everyone as a way of mitigating awkwardness and have a habit of adjusting my personality to whatever I think appeals to whoever I'm with, especially exaggerating being clueless about things and appearing extroverted at times when I'm not actually like that at all, all of which doesn't help matters. It's meant that since moving abroad for college last year and being away from close friends I've had since childhood, I haven't managed to make any meaningful connections with anyone (though I do have friends/acquaintances who I appreciate as well as someone in particular I feel very at ease talking with who means a lot to me). I've been having trouble sleeping recently due to feeling overwhelmed with college work, major uncertainties about what I'll be doing/where I'll be after my degree and just general loneliness. I'd quite like to be in a relationship but I feel too insecure right now to be anything but passive with any opportunities there've been in that regard. I generally find it very hard not to think negatively about myself and aspects of my life and have been spending way too much time doing that of late.

That said, I do recognise the achievements I've made over the last while, which I find encouraging. Also, I've always had a strong feeling that things will eventually work out and I'll be able to look back at this period of my life in several years or whatever when I'm in a much better place and think fondly about how uncertain everything was.

(Lol that self-indulgent ramble took me way too long to write but I needed to get that out and now I feel a bit better so yay)

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Mar 14 2015, 12:09 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Noahspike @ Mar 14 2015, 12:01 AM) *
I honestly can't remember the last time I've been truly happy with myself/my life. I've had really enjoyable experiences over the last few years and I think of myself as incredibly fortunate in general, but on a deeper level, I've felt consistently unfulfilled for a long time. It's always been on my mind but recently my unhappiness has become more difficult to ignore. I tend to present myself as being carefree to nearly everyone as a way of mitigating awkwardness and have a habit of adjusting my personality to whatever I think appeals to whoever I'm with, especially exaggerating being clueless about things and appearing extroverted at times when I'm not actually like that at all, all of which doesn't help matters. It's meant that since moving abroad for college last year and being away from close friends I've had since childhood, I haven't managed to make any meaningful connections with anyone (though I do have friends/acquaintances who I appreciate as well as someone in particular I feel very at ease talking with who means a lot to me). I've been having trouble sleeping recently due to feeling overwhelmed with college work, major uncertainties about what I'll be doing/where I'll be after my degree and just general loneliness. I'd quite like to be in a relationship but I feel too insecure right now to be anything but passive with any opportunities there've been in that regard. I generally find it very hard not to think negatively about myself and aspects of my life and have been spending way too much time doing that of late.

That said, I do recognise the achievements I've made over the last while, which I find encouraging. Also, I've always had a strong feeling that things will eventually work out and I'll be able to look back at this period of my life in several years or whatever when I'm in a much better place and think fondly about how uncertain everything was.

(Lol that self-indulgent ramble took me way too long to write but I needed to get that out and now I feel a bit better so yay)

There's nothing like an internet forum for having a bit of a rant. Moving away from home is nearly always difficult. Moving to a new country is more difficult still.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 14 2015, 05:21 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Noahspike @ Mar 14 2015, 12:01 AM) *

Just ask people who you get on with to go out to a pub, or cinema, or a common interest, a concert. Even if they say no they'll bear it in mind next time they fancy a social time. Just say Yes, it can change your life for the better, friends absolutely make Uni a positive experience cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Mar 14 2015, 05:23 PM
Post #15
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

When Lady Gaga looked at when she sang You & I. I died.

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post Mar 14 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #16
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Mar 14 2015, 05:21 PM) *
Just ask people who you get on with to go out to a pub, or cinema, or a common interest, a concert. Even if they say no they'll bear it in mind next time they fancy a social time. Just say Yes, it can change your life for the better, friends absolutely make Uni a positive experience cheer.gif

Thanks for that John but actually that's not much of an issue as I see my friends here pretty much every day and go out and do stuff like that with them regularly. It's more that I feel slightly uncomfortable around them still and miss having closer connections with people like I do with my friends from home. I don't have much to complain about really as I have a good social life at the moment but I still feel alone/down for whatever reason. Thanks again though!

+Quote Post
BillyH
post Mar 17 2015, 01:50 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

The end of a four year golden era in my life was the month of September 2011. It's been too many hardships and struggles for me since, with the occasional above-average month but nothing on the scale of how I was from about 18 to 22 years old.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 04:10 PM