BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are we real? Or part of a computer matrix?, What is your opinion on this?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Mar 16 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #1
'Run Away With Me'
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,473

Do you think, I think therefor I am?

Or do you think it's more a case of we are all part of someone's saved sim game?

I Know it's a pretty stupid thing to ask but a lot of people think a lot of different things and I for instance think it's quite interesting to think that the universe and life etc.. might not be all that it seems.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Mar 16 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #2
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

We are real beings.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Mar 16 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #3
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

If someone created me as part of a game they need to get better at creating people.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 16 2015, 10:03 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

As I always say: Everything is possible, nothing is guaranteed. No one truly knows what exactly is going on here on this planet. There is of course the theory that you yourself are the creator of your own unique reality, that the world you see and experience is created by you and does not exist outside of you - that your eyes create what you see, your ears create what you hear etc. And it could all be unique and vary from person to person (think colour-blindness - one person sees colour a, the next person sees colour b) But then there are times where I truly sense that we are in fact all part of the same ball of lives and realities. So it's hard at times to truly know and grasp what is really going on.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Mar 16 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #5
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Yeah, it's possible I guess, but I think of all the possible means by which the universe exsists this being a game or computer programme is pretty unlikely.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 16 2015, 10:26 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

well I know I'm real, so I assume others think they are. Try pulling a tooth out and then see whether that feels like an evil master programmer's work tongue.gif - it would have to be seriously evil to create suffering on such a grand scale. Not to mention a creative genius after 60 years of fab pop music.... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Mar 16 2015, 10:26 PM
Post #7
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Are we human or are we dancer?

+Quote Post
Dobservance
post Mar 16 2015, 10:39 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Mar 17 2015, 10:26 AM) *
Are we human or are we dancer?

Was thinking the exact phrase reading this laugh.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 17 2015, 01:17 AM
Post #9
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I could post a snide remark about the illuminati kink.gif but if anyone's serious about this topic I suggest visiting the David Icke forum. My mum is heavily into this sort of thing and the evidence is overwhelming (also the latest idea is that the world is indeed flat, which sounds stupid at first but could well be plausible when occasionally glaring at her computer screen ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post
BillyH
post Mar 17 2015, 01:46 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

People think that when we watch a television programme, film. or play, we're watching a piece of fiction. But it's actually us who live in the world of fiction and what we watch is a mirror into the real world as it actually is. So-called "actors" and "actresses" live in both dimensions - we think the actor Liam Neeson plays the role of Bryan Mills in the Taken "films". But "Liam Neeson" doesn't actually exist. He plays the role of Liam Neeson playing the role of Bryan Mills, but to make things more confusing he's not just Bryan Mills in the real world, but Qui-Gon Jinn, Michael Collins, Henri Ducard, Aslan etc. People aren't just tied down to one person or being but have several personalities and forms to suit them on their daily basis - the very idea of someone just being one person is obviously ridiculous and I'm amazed more people aren't aware of this fictional "reality" we supposedly live in.

For entertainment, these people view us and our fictional day-to-day lives. Every time we look in a mirror or screen - a phone, tablet, computer etc - the residents of the real world are looking right back at us, watching our every move. CCTV and traffic cameras follow us through our daily lives and people can follow whatever characters they wish by simply selecting out of a pool of possibly millions of people on their devices. How many you can watch depends on your income and social status - if you just have a Freeview box then it's limited to maybe a few dozen or hundred, but if you're a millionaire you can literally follow everyone you want. Someone - say maybe James Bond, Doctor Who or Godzilla - could be following your story right now, whether for years or simply the last few seconds. And right now they're watching a close-up shot of you, staring at this forum post in confused bafflement, wondering if this guy's serious or not.

Crap, they've just changed the channel. Sorry.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Mar 17 2015, 04:44 AM
Post #11
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

^I love that post!

I have my own theory about all of us being created by a computer program, but I can't say I actually believe it. It's just something I've said as a joke biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 17 2015, 09:28 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

i've always liked the thought that this life we're living now, isn't real life at all.

it's training for the real thing. (so yeah, kind of like computer training)

are we part of a game?

the idea that life's a game does sound promising

if you mess up, you lose out on the good stuff, and if you get it right you have everything you need to play. (sort of like an inventory)

you only get a certain amount of chances too. eventually, everything's taken away from you... and that's something about life i've never understood

like a game, i suppose, it ends

but why

you could be the most successfull person in the world and still have it all taken from you in the end

but life after death and all that.. well that's another topic

but yes. i think the game of life is cruel. and only the strongest really survive

+Quote Post
dhwe
post Mar 17 2015, 09:46 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,384

I once had a dream that I was living in a Matrix-like alternate reality and different people were helping me access a higher level of consciousness by leaving me clues like codes on coins and stuff like that and one of those people was Beyoncé

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Mar 17 2015, 05:20 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

This just makes me think of this:

Tbh it's not something I've ever considered. I'm usually interested in philosophical things but this is a bit too much for me really.

+Quote Post
Harve
post Mar 17 2015, 05:25 PM
Post #15
when I notice the world is falling apart I will run a bath
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

Everyone is real except for JSG.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 17 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #16
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

~ text on a screen ~

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 06:36 AM