BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dolce & Gabbana & the IVF debate, Elton John fights back~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Mar 19 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Celebrities and protestors worldwide are boycotting fashion giants Dolce & Gabbana after their remarks on IVF born children and "traditional families".

They were reported as saying: "We oppose gay adoptions.

"The only family is the traditional one.

"No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed."

Mr Dolce said that creating children "must be an act of love", adding: "You are born to a mother and a father – or at least that's how it should be.

"I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Uteri (for) rent, semen chosen from a catalogue."

Elton John is at the forefront of the backlash is leading a social media campaign after the designers slammed same-sex families.

Madonna has also shared her view stating that: "All babies contain a soul however they come to this earth and their families. There is nothing synthetic about a soul!!"

http://news.sky.com/story/1445482/elton-jo...-gay-family-row

I am personally horrified that such prolific figures have stated this. I am all for them having their opinions but calling the children "synthetic" is harrowing not only for the children born this way, but for their families. What do you think of their comments? Do you know anyone that has had children via IVF or other means, and are the children "synthetic"?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 19 2015, 05:55 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

"The only family is the traditional one" oh dear I despise such views, the nuclear family is NOT the only way. I personally do not know anyone that has had any children through IVF but it's a miracle for those who cannot have kids, so for that to be looked down on is beyond me.

This post has been edited by Jade: Mar 19 2015, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 19 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #3
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I hate when people have to spin the "I'm not homophobic but babies need a mum and dad there's no other way!!!1!" crap. Nuclear families might still be the norm, but they need to face the facts - other types are family are growing rapidly too. I think it's disgusting that they should think this about people who can't have children through no fault of their own (whether it's being infertile or because of their sexuality or whatever).

+Quote Post
April
post Mar 19 2015, 06:00 PM
Post #4
changed the game with that digital drop
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,905

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 19 2015, 05:55 PM) *
"The only family is the traditional one" oh dear I despise such views, the nuclear family is NOT the only way. I personally do not know anyone that has had any children through IVF but it's a miracle for those who cannot have kids, so for that to be looked down on is beyond me.

A family is still a family to me. Even if its traditional.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Mar 19 2015, 06:03 PM
Post #5
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I'm related to a lesbian couple who've recently adopted a girl and they're very good with her. It really shouldn't matter if the child's being raised by 'traditional' parents, same-sex or a single parent.

by the way I don't know anyone who's been born from IVF or had an IVF baby, but I've never seen any good reason to be anti-IVF.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Mar 19 2015, 06:08 PM
Post #6
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

If two gay people are now allowed to marry out of law, I don't see why they should not be allowed to try for children if they want. Horrifically outdated views from D&G, good on Elton for rallying against them.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Mar 19 2015, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Mar 19 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #7
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

I found it interesting about what Ryan Murphy pulled up:

Murphy says he will urge others in Hollywood to join the boycott and will take D&G clothes lined up for his characters' wardrobes "and put them in the trash or return them." He also referred to a 2006 article from an Italian newspaper in which Gabbana was quoted saying, "My dream is to have a baby. I want my own child, biological child, the fruit of my sperm, conceived through artificial insemination because it wouldn't make sense for me to make love to a woman I don't love."

"He's a hypocrite," Murphy tells THR. "And then to sell the image of the family in their ad campaigns and recent fashion shows on top of that is pure hypocrisy. There will be crickets going through Dolce & Gabbana stores soon, just like there have been at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Don't use family in your advertising as a gimmick. It's their prerogative to speak out and it's my prerogative not to use any of their clothes on my shows. Or buy them for myself either."
How on Earth can he say this about IVF treatment, after saying himself that he wants kids "through artificial insemination". :\ Also I don't think it's fair at all and a lot of people (not on here - I've had this convo with people in real life) need to realise this isn't just a gay or lesbian agenda (someone I know says "it's not WRONG. I just don't agree with same sex couples having kids" - don't get me started again drama.gif), it's also there for traditional couples who perhaps can't ever conceive for whatever reason but want to start their own family. Nobody is "synthetic" and it's such a horrible tag to use!

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Mar 19 2015, 07:43 PM
Post #8
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

Is D&G still a thing though?

+Quote Post
Colm
post Mar 19 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #9
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

A friend of mine through out her favourite perfume because of their remarks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 06:13 AM