BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uni Visits
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 23 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #1
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

UCAS Offer season is upon us and I've already seen a couple of visit days here at St Andrews. Is anyone here planning on going to some visit days/have you been to any yet?

When I was doing visit days back in 2006, when most of y'all were still in primary school, they were by far the most important part of the entire process for me. I had a uni that I completely discounted, that I ended up loving, and a uni that I had my heart set on that I ended up hating. Plus there was a visit to St Andrews that reaffirmed that it was so not the place for me. laugh.gif Ironic now really.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Mar 23 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #2
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

It scares me to think I visited Sussex (my uni) two years ago for the first time and now I'm a year away from graduation. HELP.

Is anyone on here considering Brighton or Sussex uni? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Mar 23 2015, 10:23 PM
Post #3
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,421

Already done all my visit days/applicant days now! Just gotta decide :/ So many unis are funny about giving you accomodation for an insurance offer which is so damn annoying. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 23 2015, 10:32 PM
Post #4
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I have Stirling on the 18th April, really need to see Plymouth too but their day is then too or this coming Saturday oops. And I wasn't organised enough to realise until like a week ago. No way can I get the money for train or whatever by then and I don't have anyone I can ask to drive me so may have to just see it away from open day another time.... Already been to Cardiff's luckily biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 23 2015, 10:36 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(Kl▲mzee @ Mar 23 2015, 10:23 PM) *
Already done all my visit days/applicant days now! Just gotta decide :/ So many unis are funny about giving you accomodation for an insurance offer which is so damn annoying. mad.gif

Where did you visit and what did you think to them? The Rory Gilmore Pro/Con list is a good back up!!

QUOTE(Liаm @ Mar 23 2015, 10:32 PM) *
I have Stirling on the 18th April, really need to see Plymouth too but their day is then too or this coming Saturday oops. And I wasn't organised enough to realise until like a week ago. No way can I get the money for train or whatever by then and I don't have anyone I can ask to drive me so may have to just see it away from open day another time.... Already been to Cardiff's luckily biggrin.gif

What did you reckon to Cardiff? That's fairly close to Bristol isn't it? (or is that Swansea??!)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 23 2015, 10:44 PM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Silas @ Mar 23 2015, 10:36 PM) *
What did you reckon to Cardiff? That's fairly close to Bristol isn't it? (or is that Swansea??!)

Swansea is twice as far tongue.gif Cardiff is a little under an hour away. I LOVE it so much, would love to live there, but the grades are like A*AA and that is pretty much not happening laugh.gif Not even me being pessimistic, it's just unrealistic for me. The others are well within my range so am weighing them up. If I really love Stirling, I may put that as second choice and Cardiff first and just really work non-stop but idk laugh.gif

+Quote Post
LexC
post Mar 24 2015, 01:06 AM
Post #7
unofficially fabulous
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

My brother is starting the whole Uni Visit thing and it's really hit home for me how little time I have left at Uni now (although my Mother realises now how spoilt she was going with me on open days and listening to the English talks now she has to do the whole cycle again but with Physics and Engineering).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 04:47 PM