BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flight 4U9525 Crashes in French Alps
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 24 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #1
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32030270

Germanwings flight 4U9525, airbus A320, from Barcelona to Dusseldorf has crashed in the French Alps, about 100km north of Nice, with all 144 passengers and 6 crew suspected dead.

The French have found the flight data recorder already which is a minor miracle when you see the photos from AFP of the crash site.

sad.gif I hope they manage to find the cause of the accident quickly to bring some closure to the relatives and friends of those who lost their lives. It's so sad, my thoughts are with all those affected by this. Too many lives tragically cut short today.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Mar 24 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I heard this on the radio earlier. Horrific news, especially with everyone on board suspect dead, gah. :/

R.I.P.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 24 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Oh dear! sad.gif Plane crashes seem to be frequently more prominent in the news over the past year or so. My first thoughts always go to the families, what absolutely hideous news to have to receive.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Mar 24 2015, 09:02 PM
Post #4
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

I read this earlier today. Terrible terrible news.
May they rest in peace and I wish all their families and friends the very best.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 24 2015, 09:04 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 24 2015, 09:01 PM) *
Oh dear! sad.gif Plane crashes seem to be frequently more prominent in the news over the past year or so. My first thoughts always go to the families, what absolutely hideous news to have to receive.

Apparently last year was the safest on record with one accident per 2.38m flights. (Not counting MH17 as that's classed as an act of war)

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Mar 24 2015, 09:13 PM
Post #6
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

I think last year seemed so big regarding crashes because they followed each other so quickly. And MH17 was the biggest news story of the year (never forget cry.gif)

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Mar 24 2015, 09:14 PM
Post #7
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

It's always devastating to hear about air crashes like this, it's impossible to comprehend the sheer grief each loss of life will have on so many people that knew them. sad.gif

RIP to all on board, and hoping the cause of this can be established quickly.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Mar 24 2015, 09:17 PM
Post #8
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

RIP to all on board such terrible news to hear about, my thoughts are with family and friends sad.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 24 2015, 09:18 PM
Post #9
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(Silas @ Mar 24 2015, 09:04 PM) *
Apparently last year was the safest on record with one accident per 2.38m flights. (Not counting MH17 as that's classed as an act of war)

No way! ohmy.gif Oh okay, I didn't know they were categorised separately! I guess the sensationalisation of the big ones in the media that happened last year are still ingrained a bit.

This would definitely be one of the worst ways to go. sad.gif Horrifying!

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Mar 24 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #10
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, really awful news.

It is quite possible that a sudden loss of cabin pressure occurred, which would have meant everyone (including the pilots) lost consciousness very quickly. It would also explain the lack of radio for help and the constant descent at 400 KT as if the plane went onto auto-pilot.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Mar 25 2015, 12:06 AM
Post #11
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

And that, my friends, is the reason why I'm afraid to fly to Switzerland for the summer.

My condolences to the passenger and crew's loved ones and friends.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 25 2015, 02:10 PM
Post #12
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

This has been really breaking my heart reading about it today. sad.gif Hate it when a plane crashes, because a huge number of promising lives are snuffed out at once with no warning and there are all these stories about last-minute plans to get on the flight which are the worst.

It's also heightening my sometime fear of flying that only tends to pop up when a plane crashes or I'm about to fly myself and think about the possibility.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 25 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

another crash all ready?

shocking news..

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Mar 25 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #14
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

Such sad news. R.I.P. to everyone on board.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 25 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #15
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

My thoughts go out to friends and families of those on board.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 25 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #16
Surfing in paradise

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 24 2015, 09:18 PM) *
No way! ohmy.gif Oh okay, I didn't know they were categorised separately! I guess the sensationalisation of the big ones in the media that happened last year are still ingrained a bit.

This would definitely be one of the worst ways to go. sad.gif Horrifying!

I can only really think of three crashes from last year off the top of my head but they were ones that dominated the new cycle for a while. MH370 (still M.I.A.), MH17 (Shot down by someone over disputed Ukrainian territory) and Air Asia X that crashed in the same area MH370 disappeared from.

I think because there was three big new stories last year it looks like a bad year, but looking at the statistics there seems to be a number of accidents that never really make the headlines in the same way. Typically out of the developing world where a westerner isn't killed so it isn't then headline news sad.gif sad but the way the western media works.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 26 2015, 12:56 AM
Post #17
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

New York Times.

As officials struggled Wednesday to explain why a jet with 150 people on board crashed in relatively clear skies, an investigator said evidence from a cockpit voice recorder indicated one pilot left the cockpit before the plane’s descent and was unable to get back in.

A senior military official involved in the investigation described “very smooth, very cool” conversation between the pilots during the early part of the flight from Barcelona to Düsseldorf. Then the audio indicated that one of the pilots left the cockpit and could not re-enter.

“The guy outside is knocking lightly on the door and there is no answer,” the investigator said. “And then he hits the door stronger and no answer. There is never an answer.”

He said, “You can hear he is trying to smash the door down.”

While the audio seemed to give some insight into the circumstances leading up to the Germanwings crash, it also left many questions unanswered.

"We don’t know yet the reason why one of the guys went out,” said the official, who requested anonymity because the investigation is continuing. "But what is sure is that at the very end of the flight, the other pilot is alone and does not open the door."

That sounds absolutely chilling if true. At least with a decompression there'd have been the chance that most (if not all) passengers would have passed out before they died, but I can't imagine nobody being aware something was wrong with the pilot trying to break back into the cockpit.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 26 2015, 01:11 AM
Post #18
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Oh my gosh also got chills at the description of that. Yes I should think also that at least some would've realised that something was up, gosh makes me uncomfortable just thinking about it! Truly awful.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Mar 26 2015, 01:19 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

I can't help feeling that this could be a consequence of the measures introduced after the September 11 attacks. After those attacks, cockpits became almost like fortresses. If the pilot left behind in the cockpit had a heart attack while his colleague was elsewhere, the remaining pilot could heave been left stranded and unable to do anything.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Mar 26 2015, 12:01 PM
Post #20
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

it was just announced that the co-pilot deliberately lowered the plane and crashed it

Absolutely horrific

This post has been edited by *Tim: Mar 26 2015, 12:02 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 10:49 AM