Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who is Fancy - Goodbye, 1st single
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Mar 25 2015, 11:29 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,376
   No Gallery Pics

The singer is keeping his identity a secret and has made 3 music videos for his debut single.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Mar 27 2015, 04:30 AM
Post #2
I think about you, love you, and I'm filled with pride
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

I'd love to witness a hit song where the artist's identity is a total mystery. But this song is mediocre, and not a hit, which ruins the intrigue.
+Quote Post
post Mar 27 2015, 05:50 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,384

I wish new artists would stop relying on the anonymity shtick because it doesn't work anymore. It worked in '06 when actual unknowns could post music on MySpace and become viral hits, but in 2015 labels know how to use internet buzz in their favor so stuff like this just rings so false. A quick Google search (which, hey, was the point here I guess) will tell you that this guy's under Scooter Braun and Scott Borchetta and was first introduced at an industry event so it's not like we're dealing with some shady Soundcloud producer plucked from obscurity here. Also anonymity only works in your favor if your music's distinctive and exceptional; this is anonymous, but only in that it could literally have been made by anyone.

This post has been edited by dhwe: Mar 27 2015, 05:52 AM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2016 - 07:02 AM