BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> #SlayberryTop50 - Q1 Countdown, I want to pray about a blank body
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 27 2015, 09:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Coming sooner than you think...

This post has been edited by Cody Slayberry: Mar 27 2015, 09:10 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 31 2015, 04:56 AM
Post #2
Group icon
And it begins.

#50: Imagine Dragons - "I Bet My Life"
Lead Single, Smoke + Mirrors
Chart Run: 42-39-32-31-33-27-28-26...

An impressive improvement from the annoying-as-hell "Demons" and the utter-nothingness "On Top Of The World", and a nice way to kick off the new era, despite what the naysayers have to say about this song. The beginning gives me Of Monsters & Men vibes, but that's not a bad thing.

#49: Maroon 5 - "Sugar"
3rd Single, V
Chart Run: 49-43-31-26-23-24-32

A song that I really got into when it was announced as a single, then got old real fast, and now I'm sick of it. Go figure.

#48: Tori Kelly - "Nobody Love"
Non-album single
Chart Run: 49-36-36-25-25-18...

A fresh solo face who previously received acclaim in the UK as the featured vocalist in Professor Green's "Lullaby" (which is actually pretty good), she slammed full force into the chart with this release. There seemed to be a pattern as you can see with this chart run lol: she skyrockets a lot, then stabilizes, then skyrockets again tongue.gif

#47: Clean Bandit & Jess Glynne - "Real Love"
7th Single, New Eyes
Chart Run: ...16-17-22-28-38

The first carry-over from 2014, a fabulous collab from Clean Bandit and current UK #1 holder Jess Glynne. It's super catchy, and one of the best from last fall.

#46: Iggy Azalea f/MØ - "Beg For It"
Lead Single, Reclassified
Chart Run: ...12-16-24-34

Another 2014 carry-over, and I hope that this isn't the end of Iggy's career because this is an amazing track. I laid down a full testimony of how fiery of a track this is when it landed a spot on my Best of 2014 list. Gotta say, Iggy just seems to consistently deliver when it comes to her singles.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 1 2015, 05:37 AM
Post #3
Group icon

#45: Taylor Swift - "New Romantics"
Promo Single/Bonus Track, 1989
Chart Run: 39-26-20-13...

If heartbreak were a national anthem, I think I would know the words just as well as the next guy, and Taylor's probably got this anthem constricting the arteries in our brains. When this was a bonus track, I had to search long an hard for a decent MP3, but it wasn't until she decided to release those tracks (NR included) as separate promo singles that I eventually got invested into this. I don't usually chart album tracks unless they become singles on iTunes. This definitely counts.

#44: Prince Royce f/Snoop Dogg - "Stuck On A Feeling"
Lead Single, TBA
Chart Run: ...37-28-29-25-25-23-23-41

Hmm... Any day now Prince Royce will eventually reveal the title for his first full-length solely English album. We'll just have to wait until he gets a hit. This song had all the right moves: killer Snoop feature, sultry and dark but catchy-as-f*ck production, and the Latin heartthrob's R&B styles voice. I'm quite confused why it didn't deliver as much - oh wait: this quarter is HELLA COMPETITIVE.

I just wish he hadn't started lip-synching during the Miss Universe pageant banghead.gif

#43: Avicii - "The Nights"
2nd Single, The Days/The Nights EP
Chart Run: 45-35-27-28-27-24-24-32-42

You know the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? It surely didn't help him get another hit in the US. Not like "Addicted To You" (as AMAZING as it was) did any better. However, this was a lot more instant than "The Days", and it really caught onto me during New Years' time, and I just had to add it to my playlist. It really suffered from taking a backseat to the other huge releases, most of which are a lot farther into the countdown. But hats off to Avicii for getting another hit in the UK!

#42: The Weeknd - "Earned It"
Soundtrack Single, Fifty Shades Of Grey
Chart Run: 45-30-28-24-24-16...

So it's pretty obvious that this piggybacked on Ellie's success, but anything to get me invested into this track. Now, I did see Fifty Shades (and it sucked), and during the movie, it just happened to click with me. If there's anything that can represent The Weeknd, this song would be it: sultry, sexy, and just the right amount of wrong (like his entire debut album).

#41: Sheppard - "Geronimo"
Lead Single, Bombs Away
Chart Run: ...15-15-19-24-32-41

Another carry-over from 2014, another Australian act, this time a group, and this time still charting in the US after I've long been done with it. So when this hit #1 in Australia, I wasn't feeling it, but when I finally gave it a chance, it just erupted into my soul. Kinda fitting album title, I guess.

EDIT: Yay I found a cover sleeve for "The Nights"!

This post has been edited by Cody Slayberry: Apr 1 2015, 05:42 AM

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 1 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Shocked I bet my life is way higher in mine ohmy.gif Yay for queen SLAYLOR slaying with the amazing New Romantics such an amazing song should be on main album heart.gif also big yays forg eronimo and criminally underrated beg for it wub.gif

Great start Cody heart.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 1 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Apr 1 2015, 09:35 AM) *
Shocked I bet my life is way higher in mine ohmy.gif Yay for queen SLAYLOR slaying with the amazing New Romantics such an amazing song should be on main album heart.gif also big yays forg eronimo and criminally underrated beg for it wub.gif

Great start Cody heart.gif
"I Bet My Life" reached top 10 in yours but didn't even reach top 20 in mine yet tongue.gif

Spoiler: Taylor has two more songs in this countdown.

Yay cheer for the 2014 songs lol heart.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 1 2015, 06:33 PM
Post #6
Group icon

#40: Ella Henderson - "Ghost"
Lead Single, Chapter One
Chart Run: ...17-20-23-27-31-32-33-36-38-42-45-46

Fourth carry-over from 2014, this time from the summer (the tail end of it for me). Her voice is hella strong, and it's amazing how she's come from getting a rather low position in The X Factor to a UK #1 and an international smash. Bea Miller could never tongue.gif

#39: 5 Seconds Of Summer - "What I Like About You"
Lead Single, LIVESOS
Chart Run: ...28-24-19-29-25-42

So I actually thought this was part of the debut album oops. But yeah, I wasn't sure that releasing a live album so early into their career (especially without that many US hits, and it was even the US single) was the right choice for them. That said, it's a pretty amazing cover.

#38: Fall Out Boy - "Centuries"
Lead Single, American Beauty/American Psycho
Chart Run: ...23-21-20-22-26-28-31-35-42

This is like the workout song most people would die to get, if it wasn't from a band who can transcend pop levels. The song has amazing longevity for a song that only reached the top 20 for a week lol.

#37: Milky Chance - "Stolen Dance"
Lead Single, Sadnecessary
Chart Run: ...13-14-17-23-29-37-45

This song is a GODSEND. Though I wasn't really feeling it come the time it was actually released, by the time it came to the U.S., I got instantly hooked. Guess that just became a pattern with me once I started getting into the UK charts lol. Really sad it flopped there, but it was a pretty big hit in my chart.

#36: Nicki Minaj f/Drake & Lil Wayne - "Truffle Butter"
5th Single, The Pinkprint
Chart Run: 48-37-29-24-20-14-12...

Technically the fourth I guess, considering I have no idea whether or not "Bed Of Lies" even got a push outside the American Music Awards. Anyway, this was a surprising single for me, as when I first listened to it, it sounded a bit off, but by the second time, I was just jamming in my car! Also I finally looked up what truffle butter was... let's just say it's NSFW.

This post has been edited by Cody Slayberry: Apr 1 2015, 06:33 PM

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 1 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #7
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Matching positions for ghost ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 1 2015, 07:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Apr 1 2015, 11:50 AM) *
Matching positions for ghost ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Almost the same 2015 peak too lol

+Quote this post
JSG
post Apr 2 2015, 12:32 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
Hey babe <3

Real Love managing to sneak in here though <3 such a lush track and better than Rather Be wink.gif
The Night was a great track from Avicii but sounding so much like hey brother really ruined it for me.
Nice to see ghost sneaking in here too. Such a brilliant debut for a massive star! x

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:35 PM