BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THE BIG BUZZJACK GENERAL ELECTION POLL, (Vol. 1: 40 days to go)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
THE BIG BUZZJACK GENERAL ELECTION POLL
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 55
Guests cannot vote 
jark
post Mar 28 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #1
something you consider rare
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,990

This might be quite illuminating. If everybody could post rather than just voting in the poll that would be awesome.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Mar 28 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #2
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Conservative > David Cameron > Minority Government > I Don't Know Her > The Economy

I don't see anything other than a minority / coalition government at this moment in time. Which is why it was funny when Ed said he thought that Labour would win outright.

EDIT: And as for the SNP matters, I'm undecided. We are a United Kingdom and they should have some say, however what I don't like is some of the talk from some of the SNP at the moment. It's quite off-putting, and definitely puts sympathisers away from backing their cause.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Mar 28 2015, 12:15 PM
Post #3
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

What's your beef with Leanne Wood?

+Quote Post
jark
post Mar 28 2015, 12:21 PM
Post #4
something you consider rare
Member No.: 2,990

Ed obviously doesn't really believe Labour can win a majority, but it's the kind of positive message that probably goes down well with voters. That, and it puts the SNP out of the picture, where the prospect of that coalition is probably putting potential Labour voters off.

I voted Conservative, Dave, Con + Lib + others, absolutely not, definite dickhead, and economy/environment/NHS.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Mar 28 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #5
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Which party do you presently intend to vote for in May? Labour
Which leader do you consider most suited to running the country? Both wholly unqualified
Which likely coalition do you believe will be running the country from May? Conservative minority government
Is it right/acceptable that SNP could play a role in governing England and the UK after demanding independence for Scotland? Other/undecided - Scotland is a part of the UK and should have its say, if the voting public want the SNP to represent them in Westminster then it is right as with the minority parties of Northern Ireland and Wales. I don't think with zero representation in the rest of the UK they should be able to push through their own agenda such as independence however and I don't think they have any chance of being able to thankfully.
Is Leanne Wood of Plaid Cymru a total dickhead? I don't know her/have no interest in Welsh politics.
Which issue(s) is/are most important to the UK and/or yourself personally? Other: Housing.

This post has been edited by Doctor Blind: Mar 28 2015, 01:07 PM

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Mar 28 2015, 01:28 PM
Post #6
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Undecided (torn between Labour or Green)
Both wholly unqualified
Minority Government (I actually have no idea but I'm gonna assume no one's gonna win a majority)
Absolutely Not (I wouldn't say THAT strong, but I wouldn't particularly welcome it)
I don't know her
Economy/Education/Environment/EU (all the E's *.* Economy MAINLY seeing as I'm leaving education this year, but I follow Education a lot and it's a sector I'd possibly like to go into)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 28 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #7
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Undecided (have registered to vote but really need to educate myself more, but I'm between Labour and Green Party...)
Both wholly unqualified
No idea really
Absolutely not (maybe not as strong as absolutely, I guess they should have a say etc given they are part of Britain but eh)
I don't know her
Probably education, rather selfishly, because I'm going to be going to uni and teaching is also one of my possible careers - although it'll be another election by the time I've finished my degree and possible PGCE laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dobservance
post Mar 28 2015, 01:53 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

One of my old housemates worked for Plaid Cymru & met Leanne Wood. Said she was lovely...

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 28 2015, 02:01 PM
Post #9
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

This post has been edited by JSG: Mar 28 2015, 02:07 PM

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 28 2015, 02:06 PM
Post #10
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

Which party do you presently intend to vote for in May?

Labour

Which leader do you consider most suited to running the country?

David Cameron

Which likely coalition do you believe will be running the country from May?

Labour + SNP (with or without minority parties)

Is it right/acceptable that SNP could play a role in governing England and the UK after demanding independence for Scotland?

Absolutely not

Is Leanne Wood of Plaid Cymru a total dickhead?

I don't know her

Which issue(s) is/are most important to the UK and/or yourself personally?

Immigration
The NHS
The economy / austerity measures
Other (please state)

I honestly think National Minimum Wage & Living Wage are issues. Austerity works as David Cameron has proved but raising wages more than 20p a year would help too.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 28 2015, 02:20 PM
Post #11
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Voting for: Labour

Leader: Ed Miliband, I really do like him, if I wasn't already voting Labour because they're good round here & it's a Labour/Conservative race I'd vote for him, he comes across as the best of the party leaders for me, and at this point, I think we could do rather well with him as PM.

At this point, I'd predict Labour leading a coalition of SNP/Greens/Lib Dems, because if they get more seats than the Conservatives, which I think is just a tad more likely than the other way around, there should be very little chance of the Conservatives leading the government, but it could also go into minority government quite easily. I'm undecided on the SNP issue, they are very insistent we don't meddle in their affairs but I'd rather we don't exclude anyone on issues of national importance, and England is such an anomaly for the rest of the system given its size compared to the other 3. I have no real interest in Welsh politics.

As for the issues, Europe, particularly that we stay part of it, is one for me, as is the environment, which will be a good one for the future. Education and the economy are also pretty high up.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 28 2015, 02:54 PM
Post #12
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

If austerity WORKED it wouldn't have taken SIX YEARS for the economy to get back to where it was in 2008 and it wouldn't have cut the deficit by HALF in five years when they said it would cut it ALL! It's SELF-DEFEATING!

+Quote Post
LexC
post Mar 28 2015, 03:10 PM
Post #13
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

Green/Caroline Lucas QoL

Ed Milliband.

Labour leading a minority government and working in a confidence + supply arrangement with the minor parties

Not sure how I feel about SNP & Plaid Cymru, I was Scottish/Welsh I probably would be considering voting for them and from the little I've seen of them Sturgeon and Wood seem decent and principled enough

EU, Education, Welfare and Other (Housing).

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post Mar 28 2015, 03:18 PM
Post #14
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
Member No.: 10,596

Leader: Ed Miliband. Voted for him as leader as I thought he represented the best chance of tacking the party to the left while keeping a decent coalition of voters onside. It's not all gone perfectly but we're six weeks out and in with a great shout. I'd have probably taken that in 2010.

Likely result: Labour minority with SNP support. Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Tories need a rock solid poll lead just to be the largest party.

Issues: Fucking everything, although most of it could be at least partially solved by building more houses. Oddly given the Greens are supposed to be surging, the environment seems to have been forgotten during the campaign so far.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Mar 28 2015, 03:39 PM
Post #15
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(Soy Adrián @ Mar 28 2015, 03:18 PM) *

Leader: Ed Miliband. Voted for him as leader as I thought he represented the best chance of tacking the party to the left while keeping a decent coalition of voters onside. It's not all gone perfectly but we're six weeks out and in with a great shout. I'd have probably taken that in 2010.

Likely result: Labour minority with SNP support. Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Tories need a rock solid poll lead just to be the largest party.

Issues: Fucking everything, although most of it could be at least partially solved by building more houses. Oddly given the Greens are supposed to be surging, the environment seems to have been forgotten during the campaign so far.

While I agree we need to build houses - where are they going to be built? People don't want new houses. There is uproar when it's even considered around my city. Fact is if you don't need a new house, you don't want to see more housing being built on green belt land / old brownfield sites. There's a negative attitude to it, and these people vote!

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Mar 28 2015, 03:55 PM
Post #16
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Party - SDLP (although considering Alliance. I know my Alliance candidate from university, but I don't think I'd vote for him).
Coalition - I imagine a Lab-Lib Dem minority goverment, with the SNP propping them up on an issue-by-issue basis
Which leader - undecided
SNP - they have every right to enter a coalition. That's how democracy works.
Plaid C woman - no idea.
Issues - the NHS (it needs a lot of work), the economy (it needs a lot of work), foreign policy and war (mainly don't f****** go to war). Despite being a nominal nationalist, I don't see the issue of Irish independence as a key issue.

+Quote Post
Danny
post Mar 28 2015, 04:01 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 457
   No Gallery Pics

At the moment probably Labour, but with a possibility of going over to Green if I hear any Ed Balls interviews with him crying about how Labour are going to follow the Tories' economic policies.

Why is there no option for a Labour/LibDem coalition in the poll? That's one of the more likely. Most of the Toryish Lib Dem MPs are likely to get knocked out of Parliament (including possibly Clegg himself).

This post has been edited by Danny: Mar 28 2015, 04:03 PM

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 28 2015, 04:34 PM
Post #18
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rooney @ Mar 28 2015, 04:39 PM) *
While I agree we need to build houses - where are they going to be built? People don't want new houses. There is uproar when it's even considered around my city. Fact is if you don't need a new house, you don't want to see more housing being built on green belt land / old brownfield sites. There's a negative attitude to it, and these people vote!

In fairness, I think York is one of the few places where housing on green belt is such an overwhelmingly dominant issue - like, to the degree where people have crossed over from opposing green belt housing to insisting that new housing isn't needed at *all*, which is mental!

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Mar 28 2015, 04:36 PM
Post #19
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Party: Alliance
Leader: David Cameron
Coalition: Labour/SNP *shudder*
SNP: It's an interesting one, I think it will be odd if they do end up in a coalition given everything they have said/done, but at the same time it's perfectly fair for them to do so. I just hope they realise that the old ''we got a Tory government we didn't want'' thing works both ways.
Issues: Economoy/austerity, welfare/benefits and Independence. Not that being in government (most likely outcome) should give the SNP much more chance of another referendum on leaving the union that much quicker, but the mere idea worries me given the situation here/being a Unionist/not wanting a vote here as who the f*** knows what would happen there.

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post Mar 28 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #20
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
Member No.: 10,596

QUOTE(Rooney @ Mar 28 2015, 03:39 PM) *

Labour's pledge of taking sites with planning permission away from developers who've just sat on it for speculation purposes would be a good start.

In a nutshell, incentivise building on suitable brownfield sites in/near city centres (because density is key) and get councils to allocate a lot more land for building in their plans. In the long run I'd like to see a land commission set up to issue compulsory purchase on key sites, get fast tracked planning permission and either sell it on to developers or give councils the money to build homes themselves.

QUOTE(Danny @ Mar 28 2015, 04:01 PM) *
Why is there no option for a Labour/LibDem coalition in the poll? That's one of the more likely. Most of the Toryish Lib Dem MPs are likely to get knocked out of Parliament (including possibly Clegg himself).

I'd say the opposite is happening - the Lib Dems are getting spanked in Lib-Lab marginals but a lot of Labour voters in Lib-Con areas are still considering voting tactically for them. If Clegg survives he'll be heading a parliamentary group more aligned to the Tories than the current one and I'd say that makes a deal with Labour considerably less likely. If Sheffield Hallam goes red then Tim Farron would be more on board but he'd still have the same MPs.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 02:08 PM