Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guiltiest Pleasures, No sexual references here please :teresa:
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Mar 28 2015, 04:15 PM
Post #1
when the spun stops STOP
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

What are your guiltiest pleasures you have listened to and liked? They could have a somewhat large amount of hate in the forum, or hated a lot outside of the forum, or maybe you have just felt that you know it is bad yet you still like it tongue.gif

A couple of recent ones for me:

I heard this today for the first time, I know it's supposed to be terrible but there's something about it I like thinking.gif

Not the guiltiest pleasure for me but I still am growing to this on each listen.

One of the most hated songs of last year, I really love this production (even though some have said it may be 'generic' [that word puke.gif] but if it's any consolation I do not like the idea of the lyrics and consider the song a parody of selifes tongue.gif

There's probably loads more but at the moment these are what I had in mind.

This post has been edited by inniŋğ đɑм: Mar 28 2015, 04:16 PM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Mar 28 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #2
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

There's no such thing as a guilty pleasure. That would suggest that there's something shameful about what you love and that's just not kosher.
+Quote Post
post Mar 28 2015, 04:34 PM
Post #3
Baby We're The New Romantics
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
post Mar 28 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #4
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

QUOTE(Silas @ Mar 28 2015, 04:28 PM) *
There's no such thing as a guilty pleasure. That would suggest that there's something shameful about what you love and that's just not kosher.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Mar 28 2015, 07:13 PM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I disagree with the notion of 'there's no such thing as a guilty pleasure'. You can shamelessly love things but at the end of the day there will be some things you listen to that you know many other people will think is naff. Perhaps the wording of 'guilty pleasure' is a little inaccurate in that sense but it's very clear what is meant in this thread.

For me, I guess my biggest guilty pleasure is Hanson's first album Middle Of Nowhere followed by Duffy's second album Endlessly.
+Quote Post
post Mar 28 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

The phrase "guilty pleasure" isn't meant to be taken so serious and deeply read into! laugh.gif It's a bit of an oxymoron which makes it memorable and means you don't have to explain what can be summed up in two words.
+Quote Post
post Mar 28 2015, 11:34 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

S Club Juniors/8. I legit ADORE so many of their singles even if they're seen as cheesy. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 30 2015, 01:58 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

i've 2 guilty pleasures.

1 is, anything to do with disney. the soundtracks to the movies, audio from the parks, even videos on youtube of the rides

i'll quite happily sit in front of the same disney video going over and over and over again. and right now, that's frozen. i just braught the soundtrack to it

my other one is anything released for kids. having had not much of a childhood at the time, when i'm on my own, i tend to secretly try to live it now

so anything that says to kids.. hey kids, get on the disco floor and dance!

i love the songs.. you know when you go on holiday and they play all that so called rubbish in the hotels?. (and all the kids are running around stage)

that stuff
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 10:42 PM