BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1,000,000 AF posts :cheer:, hii & low
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Mar 29 2015, 11:50 AM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

QUOTE(HausofKendrick @ Mar 29 2015, 12:21 PM) *
Very late, but will these be counted? I fail to see how one can not find even an iota of worth in a band's entire back catalogue huh.gif it's a shame when rates like this skew the results :/ (unless he meant they should all be xx.x's?)

^ this ICONIK post from a few minutes ago has become the 1,000,000th Artist Forum post cheer.gif (source: Rabbit Froot)

Are you a frequenter of the artist forums? Which ones do you enjoy visiting? Would you be a fan of The Saturdays if it wasn't for their forum? Should AFs still EXIST? ohmy.gif

(i hope the special accolade that post now has, means that Maurice's trolly votes in question do NOT count kink.gif hope you see this Calum and answer the people~)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Mar 29 2015, 11:52 AM
Post #2
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I never really go there tbh. My recent frequenting of the Madge forum is quite a rare example, only have that and the Gaga forum visible.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Mar 29 2015, 12:01 PM
Post #3
Henrietta R Hippo

The Madonna forum is wonderful tbh. It's the only place i have where i can talk about her expansive career and i'm glad it doesn't just focus on current issues (even though the moderators are brilliant with keeping us up to date with that too). Same goes for Britney too tbf!

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Mar 29 2015, 12:03 PM
Post #4
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

I only make fleeting appearances in there when people tell me to vote in polls and things in there. Lol. (And I went in the Beyoncé forum to air my first thoughts on '7/11', I think that's literally the ONLY time I've made a proper post in there at least any time recently laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Mar 29 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Tbh I kind of expected more overall posts from the AFs considering they've been here since Buzzjack started.

I'm obviously always in the Madonna AF and I usually check out the Kylie AF (need to get myself more involved again, mind) but I don't really comment in any others unless I have chart info to share. I definitely think AFs should still exist, it's just there needs to be the effort put in to keep it going, although I appreciate that's a hard job sometimes, especially if the artist isn't doing much and general fans aren't around. I'm not a fan of having multiple games going all at once but, if that works for some AFs, then I can't really diss them!

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Mar 29 2015, 12:06 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Mar 29 2015, 01:04 PM) *
Tbh I kind of expected more overall posts from the AFs considering they've been here since Buzzjack started.

The majority of the artist forums that have existed in the past were archived though (and then even the archive forums were deleted with the archive posts just moved to the genre forums). There have been far more than 1,000,000 posts in artist forums, just not the current batch.

~

I have said this before and I'll say it again, I don't think it's a good idea that we don't discuss some of the bigger artists around at all in the actually visible genre forums, instead locking that discussion away in forums which you have to specifically activate to even view. New members surely must not know the AFs even exist. AFs should either just be scrapped entirely (preferably) or made far more obvious e.g. put them as subforums of the genre forums.

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Mar 29 2015, 12:09 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(ˇbré! @ Mar 29 2015, 01:06 PM) *
The majority of the artist forums that have existed in the past were archived though (and then even the archive forums were deleted with the archive posts just moved to the genre forums). There have been far more than 1,000,000 posts in artist forums, just not the current batch.

That makes much more sense, thank you.

QUOTE(HausofKendrick @ Mar 29 2015, 01:01 PM) *
The Madonna forum is wonderful tbh. It's the only place i have where i can talk about her expansive career and i'm glad it doesn't just focus on current issues (even though the moderators are brilliant with keeping us up to date with that too). Same goes for Britney too tbf!

wub.gif

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Mar 29 2015, 12:20 PM
Post #8
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

The Darius forum<3

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Mar 29 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #9
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

The 1D forum getting the millionth post, I feel like a proud parent wub.gif

I venture into many of the AFs and am a big fan of them (you'd hope so considering I mod three of them laugh.gif), I love the little communities in some of them.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 29 2015, 01:10 PM
Post #10
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I have them all activated so I can keep an eye on them (because I'm first port of call for management issues relating to the AFs, and that's just a reminder for you guys to feel free to assault my inbox if there's a problem the AF mods can't solve) but I find it quite hard to get involved in them nevertheless.
I'm posting in them a bit more with the across-AF things that are going on right now but it's still hard because they're so separated from the rest of the board and it seems that whenever I might actually want to post in there because a new single has come out that it suddenly flows incredibly fast and I feel way behind.

But congratulations to them for getting a million posts, that's a fifth of all the posts on Buzzjack right now.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 29 2015, 02:16 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Congrats AF forums!

I do often venture into those of artists I really like anyway (e.g. Gaga) but if there is a new single out I will usually flock to their forum to see what the general consensus is. Also if there is a fun rate going on (e.g. Girlband rate), not the likes of Boot and Immunes. I think they can be great in terms of gaining posters that wouldn't otherwise be here in forums still thriving (e.g. posters in Sats, Elvis, Will Young forums) and talking about non-musical happenings but I agree that the lack of visibility can be frustrating. I will always be viewing the board index, so genre forum posts are usually always clicked on, but I often forget/don't visit as frequently AF posts, just when I remember to every so often.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Mar 29 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #12
if you f*** around, boy i'll hunt you down
Member No.: 18,316

QUOTE(ˇbré! @ Mar 29 2015, 01:03 PM) *
I only make fleeting appearances in there when people tell me to vote in polls and things in there. Lol. (And I went in the Beyoncé forum to air my first thoughts on '7/11', I think that's literally the ONLY time I've made a proper post in there at least any time recently laugh.gif)

throwback to when Adele's AF existed

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Mar 29 2015, 02:21 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Calum Hood @ Mar 29 2015, 03:19 PM) *
throwback to when Adele's AF existed

That was never a thing. x

+Quote Post
Calum
post Mar 29 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(ˇbré! @ Mar 29 2015, 03:21 PM) *
That was never a thing. x

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Mar 29 2015, 02:23 PM
Post #15

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Mar 29 2015, 02:27 PM
Post #16
Henrietta R Hippo

hi.gif Calum

+Quote Post
Calum
post Mar 29 2015, 02:27 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(HausofKendrick @ Mar 29 2015, 03:27 PM) *
hi.gif Calum

hi.gif Haus

(I shall answer your question in due course, this requires lengthy thinking x)

+Quote Post
Regina
post Mar 29 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #18
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Mar 29 2015, 01:04 PM) *

I'm obviously always in the Madonna AF and I usually check out the Kylie AF (need to get myself more involved again, mind) but I don't really comment in any others unless I have chart info to share. I definitely think AFs should still exist, it's just there needs to be the effort put in to keep it going, although I appreciate that's a hard job sometimes, especially if the artist isn't doing much and general fans aren't around. I'm not a fan of having multiple games going all at once but, if that works for some AFs, then I can't really diss them!

Yes bitch, you do.

+Quote Post
:')
post Mar 29 2015, 04:36 PM
Post #19
tidal certified artist
Member No.: 6,764

MOUNT YOUR LADY GAGA AF GODDESS

+Quote Post
Regina
post Mar 29 2015, 05:33 PM
Post #20
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Kath ♡ @ Mar 29 2015, 05:36 PM) *
MOUNT YOUR LADY GAGA AF GODDESS

That gif is.....reductive.

Kylie, circa 2009 kink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 08:16 AM