BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Vaccines should be a legal requirement'
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Should Vaccines be a legal requirement
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 54
Guests cannot vote 
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 31 2015, 05:59 PM
Post #1
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Hello all, and welcome to a new regular feature in the Lounge *.* we will be holding BIG QUESTION debates in the Lounge penned in the style as above. This is to get us all discussing some of the bigger issues facing us right now and will range from as global as this one to very local and specific issues as we move on. What this also means, is that if there is a burning question you want to ask the Buzzjack population, then you are MORE than welcome to set up your own big question thread and see how it unfolds (and are strongly encouraged to).

---

Increasingly there are more and more reports of diseases thought to have been eradicated making a comeback due to the actions of a group known as 'Anti-Vaxxers'. Those who chose not to vaccinate their children against preventable diseases.

Should it be a legal requirement for all children to be given all vaccines that are recommended by the NHS?

Arguments for and against include the right to chose, concerns over safety (with 0 scientific evidence), the need for heard immunity to protect those who cannot have vaccinations and saving a child from potentially catching a life threatening disease that is entirely preventable.

So what are your opinions? Obviously it's sometimes impossible to make a concrete decision so do not feel inclined to vote in the poll straight away, but do express your opinions in the thread, whatever your stance! And we are aware that a lot will have strong opinions both for and against this question and future ones, but if you were to choose one stance, what would it be and which do you feel more inclined towards? Discuss~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 31 2015, 06:03 PM
Post #2
Surfing in paradise

Personally, I feel that those who chose not to vaccinate their children should be imprisoned for child abuse. Their children should be made wards of the state so they can complete their course of vaccinations.

There is no excuse for denying an innocent child something that can save their lives because of your narrow minded ideology or your utter ignorance of scientific facts. There is NO link between vaccinations and autism, there are NO health risks from vaccinations and the only thing special about your unvaccinated child is that it's more likely to die of Polio because you're a c**t.

+Quote Post
April
post Mar 31 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #3
changed the game with that digital drop
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,905

Yes. As Silas says, I see no real excuse why a parent shouldn't agree to their child being vaccinated. You should give your children the medical protection he/she deserves.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Mar 31 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #4
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Absolutely. The fundies going against science here are putting the health of their children and the health of other children at risk by not vaccinating. We came SO CLOSE to eliminating some diseases from NA and Europe too.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 31 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I'm all for freedom of choice, but who in their right mind would want to turn down a life saving vaccination? Absolutely abhorrent why a parent would put their child's LIFE at risk in that way. So yes, I think they should be a legal requirement.

+Quote Post
Umi
post Mar 31 2015, 06:25 PM
Post #6
le compromis n'est qu'un synonyme d'échec
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

I feel like this should go in the (surprisingly terribly named) News and Politics forum.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Mar 31 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #7
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

They certainly should be a legal requirement. I can't believe even one person voted against tbh.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Mar 31 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #8
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 31 2015, 06:21 PM) *
I'm all for freedom of choice, but who in their right mind would want to turn down a life saving vaccination? Absolutely abhorrent why a parent would put their child's LIFE at risk in that way. So yes, I think they should be a legal requirement.

Not just theirs, but the health of the children around them too!

It's a societal thing and that's why it should be a legal requirement, well, that and the fact it puts the child's health at risk too.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Mar 31 2015, 06:32 PM
Post #9
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I definitely think vaccines should be required, the very important ones anyway.

I think my mum's an anti-vaxxer though as she recently liked an article about vaccines causing autism on facebook no.gif I am autistic and got vaccinated but I don't think the 2 are linked.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 31 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Definitely, I just cannot fathom being a parent and just thinking "oh nope of course not, I definitely want my child to contract numerous horrible diseases". There's free choice and there's just being... pretty stupid, really.

QUOTE(► ▲ N @ Mar 31 2015, 07:32 PM) *

I think my mum's an anti-vaxxer though as she recently liked an article about vaccines causing autism on facebook no.gif I am autistic and got vaccinated but I don't think the 2 are linked.

That's odd I read about that stupid conclusion someone came to in a psychology book literally yesterday laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Mar 31 2015, 06:40 PM
Post #11
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I too am 'for'. The only "freedom of choice" i can fathom supporting here is the freedom of the child to live a life free of preventable diseases.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Mar 31 2015, 06:55 PM
Post #12
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(► ▲ N @ Mar 31 2015, 07:32 PM) *

Just to clarify just in case there were any doubts - THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF A LINK BETWEEN VACCINATIONS AND AUTISM. The original journal article in the Lancet that first made the claim of the link with it an MMR was retracted as its findings couldn't be replicated, and the fraudster who wrote the article was revealed to have major conflicts of interest.

And yes, I believe that parents have a moral duty to ensure their children receive any government health service approved vaccines.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 31 2015, 08:37 PM
Post #13
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

THEY'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE

14 to 2 people? The world is dead. Who else chose no? drama.gif

I'm definitely in the minority here. Please do your research about vaccines guys smile.gif

This post has been edited by Šþinniŋğ Åđɑм: Mar 31 2015, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Mar 31 2015, 08:46 PM
Post #14
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Instead of telling us to research, how about you explain your choice?

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Mar 31 2015, 08:46 PM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Šþinniŋğ Åđɑ @ Mar 31 2015, 08:37 PM) *
THEY'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE

14 to 2 people? The world is dead. Who else chose no? drama.gif

I'm definitely in the minority here. Please do your research about vaccines guys smile.gif

Uh ... please read the article above for what yo research actually is.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 31 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(T Boy @ Mar 31 2015, 09:46 PM) *
Instead of telling us to research, how about you explain your choice?

OK this is probably going to be my most serious ever post so here goes.
I'm in a similar boat to Dan except my mum has spent nearly a decade of researching on the topic of vaccines. She has spent thousands of hours on the Internet working out what is true and what isn't. Many of these things are quite unbelievable at first but when you look through all these resources the evidence is unbelievable!
I'm not putting anyone here down by saying that you have it wrong but there is evidence out there and for most people it is very difficult to grasp, the amount of hate my mum gets from people, even close friends and family is quite depressing but she has taken it very well all these years. If anyone wants to find out more about this, feel free to PM me smile.gif

I'm used to seeing the hate my mum gets, so don't say me or my mum is 'wrong' or dis informed. I didn't really want to make a little rant about this but it's a very serious topic and its very important for us to try and get as many people as possible to find out the truth, even if it means getting so much hate for it smile.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 31 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #17
Surfing in paradise

What did your mother do her PhD thesis on?

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 31 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Silas @ Mar 31 2015, 10:01 PM) *
What did your mother do her PhD thesis on?

She doesn't need to have a PhD to know about all of this. There are literally tens of thousands of sites out there with scientific researches. There are plenty of accurate sources out there with well backed evidence for it. Google is your friend guys smile.gif
And davidicke.com is a good place to start.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Mar 31 2015, 09:07 PM
Post #19
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

Maybe you should have left that last line off Adam.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Mar 31 2015, 09:09 PM
Post #20
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Šþinniŋğ Åđɑ @ Mar 31 2015, 10:05 PM) *
And davidicke.com is a good place to start.

Yep, the best person to turn to for scientific information is a former footballer and Green Party candidate who thinks The Queen is a lizard.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 04:42 AM