BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ben Haenow - Ben Haenow, 1st album | November 13
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
torresgirl
post Apr 4 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 14,963
   No Gallery Pics

Tweet from Ben that he's been in the studio working with Danny from the Script.

I have never bought a Script album myself BUT I think its great Ben is working with someone so high profile and someone that has been so successful. Gives me good vibes that Syco are giving him decent shot at success.

https://twitter.com/Bhaenow/status/584427672564031489
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Apr 4 2015, 10:25 PM
Post #2
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Seems silly to throw money at this project when it's clearly gonna be a "goes Gold and never heard of again" kind of album.

+Quote Post
torresgirl
post Apr 4 2015, 10:43 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Apr 4 2015, 11:25 PM) *
Seems silly to throw money at this project when it's clearly gonna be a "goes Gold and never heard of again" kind of album.

You seem to be very down on Ben and very sure of yourself on that, which is fine but I prefer to wait and see. He's done very well so far. The single is just off platinum and still hanging around almost 4 months after the show after many around here were predicting every week that he was going to "plummet" as early as the second week on the charts. It will be all dependent on the material. Many were predicting an album of covers too. That is clearly not happening either.

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post Apr 6 2015, 07:25 AM
Post #4
TheGhostPensmith 👻
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

How exciting! I love The Script anyway so will be interesting what Danny comes up with for Ben!

+Quote Post
Umi
post Apr 6 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #5
le compromis n'est qu'un synonyme d'échec
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Apr 4 2015, 11:25 PM) *

I really don't think it will be. Maybe I'm misjudging based on a strangely nice winner's single but to me 'Something I Need' sounded like the sort of single that would have sold a million last year had it been released by George Ezra or someone of his ilk. Like, I heard it on the radio not knowing it was the winner single and thought "That must be one of the huge 2014 singles I managed to avoid".

It's probably not very smart of me to judge his success based on the winner's single but I think the fact that its popularity was enduring rather than frontloaded says a lot for his potential appeal. If he flops I feel it'll be a failing of his label/management rather than him being inherently a poor commercial prospect.

+Quote Post
torresgirl
post Apr 7 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Umi @ Apr 6 2015, 10:25 PM) *
I really don't think it will be. Maybe I'm misjudging based on a strangely nice winner's single but to me 'Something I Need' sounded like the sort of single that would have sold a million last year had it been released by George Ezra or someone of his ilk. Like, I heard it on the radio not knowing it was the winner single and thought "That must be one of the huge 2014 singles I managed to avoid".

It's probably not very smart of me to judge his success based on the winner's single but I think the fact that its popularity was enduring rather than frontloaded says a lot for his potential appeal. If he flops I feel it'll be a failing of his label/management rather than him being inherently a poor commercial prospect.

Interesting Post Umi. I agree that compared to recent years it was a good winners single and I've always thought Ben has good marketability. I just hope he is handled right and has a decent career.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Apr 7 2015, 08:06 PM
Post #7
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Obviously him and Fleur are signed to the same label now so I'd be curious to see if they somehow push a feature maybe given they were quite close on X-Factor?

+Quote Post
pippa
post Apr 8 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

A feature or duet could be a good option here, lets remember it worked for Garth Gates and Will Young.

+Quote Post
truly talented
post Apr 8 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 140
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(pippa @ Apr 8 2015, 12:27 PM) *
A feature or duet could be a good option here, lets remember it worked for Garth Gates and Will Young.

Really, as a huge Will fan I don't agree. Just Cowell getting greedy.

+Quote Post
torresgirl
post Apr 8 2015, 02:03 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Anything is possible with Cowell but I just think their styles are too different to work as a duet. Not something I would like to see.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 8 2015, 03:44 PM
Post #11
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

No way would a feature work, Ben's style will work for Ben (ie One Republic style pop/rock maybe, who knows) and Fleur's style will work for Fleur (hopefully she gets a mixture of urban and more soulful stuff), I can't see there being any medium between the two that would fit them both. Fleur's voice is fine on the stuff Ben would be releasing but I want her to have her style and stick to it. I guess they could pull off a Written In The Stars sort of stadium rap anthem but still I'm not sure....

Other duets for both of them, yes fine, but I think it was a mixture of Cowell being greedy and Will and Gareth suiting each other!

+Quote Post
torresgirl
post Sep 7 2015, 08:25 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Well finally getting a bit more information about what Ben will be releasing and according to Simon Cowell on TV today, his first single will be a duet with someone "really really famous" I've also watched the program he was on Loose Women (wouldn't normally but recorded when I heard the Ben news) so its not Twitter gossip. Obvious choices would be Danny from The Script or Ed Sheeran as these have been reported as possibilities but it really could be anyone. Ben recorded his album in LA. I do wonder if it might be a featured guest artist rather than a full on duet (a bit like Alex and Flo-rida) but very interested to see who it may be.

https://twitter.com/JustSimonCowell/status/...859879020843008

+Quote Post
pippa
post Sep 8 2015, 08:47 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

I liked Ben on X Factor. I enjoyed his winners single so I look forward to what he will deliver. I hope he can carve out a career for himself and him achieving success would certainly help the X Factor brand.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Sep 8 2015, 10:59 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

He won't do well at all.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Oct 4 2015, 05:27 PM
Post #15
if you f*** around, boy i'll hunt you down
Member No.: 18,316

The album is self-titled and is released on 13 November. They obviously don't want it to go to #1 then. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Oct 4 2015, 05:33 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

Why did Syco bother wasting any money in him? His era has literally been a complete waste of time. I wonder if it'll be like Shayne Ward when the public interest is actually there, just the investment isn't.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Oct 4 2015, 05:35 PM
Post #17
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

His era hasn't even started yet!? blink.gif WTF are you going on about? wacko.gif

He's proving very popular with his pre-order for the single so far and that's without people having heard the song. So to say "Why did Syco bother wasting any money in him? His era has literally been a complete waste of time." is ridiculously premature! Unless you mean something completely different to what I'm thinking, but I doubt it. I have a feeling he's going to be pretty big tbh.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Oct 4 2015, 05:37 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

Chucking his album out the same week as Syco's biggest artist? As well as Kylie, Bieber and God knows who else? He'll be dropped by February.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Oct 4 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #19
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

I think he'll beat Bieber in the albums. Kylie will be no threat at all. The only artist I can see beating him is One Direction. But your statement is still too premature.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 4 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #20
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Never underestimate the power of Kylie smoke.gif she always seems to have decent openeing weeks with her albums. Hell, Abby Road Sessions managed really good sales and that was a pure fanbase type album.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 10:51 PM