BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marina & The Diamonds Artist Forum?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Marina & The Diamonds AF
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 102
Guests cannot vote 
SGrey
post Apr 7 2015, 09:43 AM
Post #1
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Very exciting time for Marina fans; Marina has a growing following on here (37 entries on the FROOT rate is quite impressive), plenty of discussion in the album threads and although she may not have gathered much interest in her first two eras, a Marina forum could attract users from other forums (Popjustice etc) and other fans on Twitter if managed correctly! Plenty of discussion points aside singles and albums too given there will no doubt be a FROOT tour and other side projects/shoots that Marina will do leading up to what is likely to be a fourth era!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Apr 7 2015, 09:48 AM
Post #2
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Marina is, in my opinion, nowhere near a big enough name to generate enough content for her own forum. Outside of her music I haven't really seen anything about her on any site.

+Quote Post
BiLLYx
post Apr 7 2015, 09:49 AM
Post #3
X
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,095

i don't think she's big enough yet, or that she'd generate enough discussion realistically sad.gif

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Apr 7 2015, 09:59 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I think she'd certainly generate more discussion than some of the other artist forums that we have. The album has singles to come, she has the Clean Bandit collab coming up and tour etc.

But I can understand why the mods wouldn't take the risk as she's not as iconic as other artists.

I've voted yes though.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Apr 7 2015, 10:22 AM
Post #5
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I'd love one but I think I'm gonna have to vote no. sad.gif She generates a lot of discussion during the era but there's very little to report outside that time so it would go through some real dead patches.

+Quote Post
:')
post Apr 7 2015, 10:27 AM
Post #6
tidal certified artist
Member No.: 6,764

A BIG YES from me

I don't see how her "not being big enough" has anything to do with it when there are the likes of Darius, when Marina generates more discussion and has a much larger core following on here than probably 80% of our current AFS and "big enough" artists like Katy, Miley and Rihanna

She has a rabid online fanbase outside the forum too, eg. Marina Boards, "big enough" artists like Katy, Miley, Rihanna don't even have these active online forums which imo is complete manifestation that the "big enough artist" criteria is very much void in Marina's case here

+Quote Post
post Apr 7 2015, 10:36 AM
Post #7
tidal certified artist

We will do rates and elimination polls of her shoes, wigs and favourite things to eat during dead patches

SHE IS IKONEC YOU GUYS

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Apr 7 2015, 10:37 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Kath ♡ @ Apr 7 2015, 11:27 AM) *
A BIG YES from me

I don't see how her "not being big enough" has anything to do with it when there are the likes of Darius, when Marina generates more discussion and has a much larger core following on here than probably 80% of our current AFS and "big enough" artists like Katy, Miley and Rihanna

She has a rabid online fanbase outside the forum too, eg. Marina Boards, "big enough" artists like Katy, Miley, Rihanna don't even have these active online forums which imo is complete manifestation that the "big enough artist" criteria is very much void in Marina's case here

I'd say I agree with this. And in reply to what Joseph said, in the same way that Girls Aloud/Sugababes/etc forum stays alive when they're nothing going on there are lots of games that can be played during quieter times.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Apr 7 2015, 10:45 AM
Post #9
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Seconding what Joe and Kath have said. But thanks Kath, I wasn't aware of Marina Boards! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Apr 7 2015, 10:49 AM
Post #10
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(Joe. @ Apr 7 2015, 11:37 AM) *
I'd say I agree with this. And in reply to what Joseph said, in the same way that Girls Aloud/Sugababes/etc forum stays alive when they're nothing going on there are lots of games that can be played during quieter times.

That's true to be fair! And there are many willing mod candidates. Although I think GA is boosted by the fact that in between eras, there are still things to discuss (mainly courtesy of Cheryl). This is why I wish it were more simple to do a trial run for AFs, I think the Marina one could really do with this!

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Apr 7 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #11

I don't speak for anyone in management bar myself of course, but I am very much of the view that endless rates and topics which do nothing other than generate mindless posts do not constitute a successful forum. The content should be driving posts and if there isn't the content there to sufficiently manage at least a handful of new threads on a weekly/bi-weekly basis then as far as I'm concerned there shouldn't be a forum.

And yes, at least half of our current AF's fall under that banner. If I had my way there would be a major cull, as a lot of them just aren't pulling their weight at all. Zealous modding isn't enough, despite some truly excellent mods currently being in place in AF's.

The context in which I use ''big enough'' is not in terms of fan base size, or record sales, but rather in terms of general name recognition and presence online. Marina doesn't have either on the level of ''big enough'' artists like the upper echelon of current popstars Kath mentioned. In that sense there is less content available and therefore less need for an individual artist forum.

+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post Apr 7 2015, 10:59 AM
Post #12
a.k.a. Marina XCX
Member No.: 8,335

Absolutely YES.

+Quote Post
post Apr 7 2015, 11:04 AM
Post #13
tidal certified artist

Marina has actually jameela.jpg had quite a large following on here prior to Froot as well, Electra Heart was a 34-page smash hit thread and the r8 I hosted a while back also garnered somewhat 30 people rating and plenty of discussion

When will your Teenage Dream Ablisa faves

MARINA IS A QOL PEOPLE

I think with a dedicated mod team and a chance this could go very well, there's no denying that this will be a very refreshing addition to Buzzjack, and could potentially attract more tumblr hipster posters in addition to the mostly pop ones we have right now

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Apr 7 2015, 11:39 AM
Post #14

Well, respectfully, I am denying it will be ''refreshing'' as I don't see in what way this is going to cause any major change to the site. It might bring in some new posters, it might not. I don't know, but on balance of probabilities I would say it's more likely to just become another in a line of failed AF's.

Of course if the vote supports one, I won't be against it. Just giving my views behind my no vote.

+Quote Post
post Apr 7 2015, 11:47 AM
Post #15
tidal certified artist

We will bake you cookies, croissants and danishes if you vote yes John

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Apr 7 2015, 11:50 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend

Basket of froot to everyone's office etc.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Apr 7 2015, 11:52 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(Kath ♡ @ Apr 7 2015, 12:47 PM) *
We will bake you cookies, croissants and danishes if you vote yes John

If you bake me a dozen apricot and almond danishes I will vote you in as PRESIDENT if you wish

You'd make a great diplomat Kath, at least for greedy pigs like me

+Quote Post
Colm
post Apr 7 2015, 01:05 PM
Post #18
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

I dont object to an artist forum especially for Marina. I would, however, not be willing to support tedious attempts to keep an artist forum open when this era has passed and she's between albums.

+Quote Post
post Apr 7 2015, 01:13 PM
Post #19
tidal certified artist

#cut4marina

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Apr 7 2015, 01:19 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,847
   No Gallery Pics

There is certainly interest when era's are going but when not, I can't see much discussion. She just isn't a big enough name.

If Nicki Minaj doesn't even have her own forum, Marina shouldn't.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 08:56 AM