BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer 2k15
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 12 2015, 09:23 PM
Post #1
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Now that it's April, everyone's mind will be turning towards summer holidays and the end of the academic year.

Anyone got any plans?

I am taking the week of the Open off and getting the f*** out of St Andrews. The Uni is closed for two days and I've just taken the rest of it off to get away from it all and chill out back at my parents. Will be nice not to have to deal with the golf tourists like as they are awful.

Otherwise I'm way to poor to do anything. Hoping to score free rent over summer so that I can save a few pennies and head away later in the year.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slade
post Apr 12 2015, 10:26 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Finally turning EIGHTEEN in August, yaaay! Going on holiday to Fuertaventura which should be lush, also.

My friendship group are trying to agree on a group holiday also but everyone is conflicted! Oops.

Longest summer holidays I'll ever get though, with study leave as of 21st May!

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Apr 12 2015, 10:27 PM
Post #3
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

I've got at least 6 retake during my summer holidays cry.gif

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Apr 12 2015, 10:28 PM
Post #4
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

My friend has talked about visiting Iceland so hopefully something comes of that thinking.gif I'd love to visit somewhere new even if it didn't end up being Iceland.

Otherwise hoping to have some friends down to show them around London and have a trip up to Manchester booked to see Taylor Swift!

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Apr 12 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #5
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Hmmm lets see my remaining MA schedule:

20th April-12th June: Placement

12th June-3rd July: Placement Report/Dissertation research and presentations

3rd July: Placement Report deadline/work on dissertation (15,000 words long btw)

14th September: Dissertation deadline

So yeah, I have no summer this year sad.gif (not that I have any money to do anything anyway, blew it all last year lol)

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 12 2015, 11:26 PM) *
Longest summer holidays I'll ever get though, with study leave as of 21st May!

If you're going to Uni, you'd pretty much entirely finish for the year around that time until September!

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Apr 12 2015, 10:46 PM
Post #6
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

The Summer "holidays" of Masters year are a hard slog Chez, i won't even deny it sad.gif

I will be needing a good week or two of SLEEP after my final placement but mainly chilling and hopefully travelling before starting the JOB in September. Looking to do something with my brother for a week or two in August but nothing confirmed yet. Will be a good one though, because i'll have something concrete lined up for when it's over that i'll be anticipating biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Math ☂
post Apr 12 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #7
come on down to south park
Member No.: 19,852
   No Gallery Pics

It'll be mainly relaxed except for my cousin coming over for a few weeks (YES, along with the trip tomorrow!) and my Introduction to Microeconomics college course (really blessed that I won a scholarship for that <3) That's really all the concrete plans I have, hope you guys don't drown in coursework (especially you Chez sad.gif)

This post has been edited by M¤th: Apr 12 2015, 10:49 PM

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Apr 13 2015, 12:02 AM
Post #8
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Once I free myself from university commitments I do have a family holiday to Tenerife at the end of June which I'm rather looking forward to. Plus a lot of rest required.

Otherwise it'll be a load of deciding what I want to do with my future and I'm still not ready for that.

+Quote Post
BillyH
post Apr 13 2015, 05:52 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

I've been on a stop-start travel around the world since September 2013. So far I've visited 24 countries since, and between now and July I've got trips to Latvia, the East Coast of the USA, Venice, Iceland and Nice booked. Latvia and Iceland are new ones to cross off so by the summer the number will be 26 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Apr 13 2015, 04:17 PM
Post #10
Beautiful Trauma
Member No.: 590

I'm going on holiday in June, my first summer holiday for years, I usually go away in the winter, I'm only going north wales but still laugh.gif

And apart from that, work work work and train train train! I'm training to climb ben nevis, which i do in september to raise money for marie curie cancer care (if anyone wants to sponsor me check the link in my sig please!! biggrin.gif )

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Apr 13 2015, 04:42 PM
Post #11
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Listening to amazing summer dance tunes in the sun! heart.gif music.gif heart.gif music.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 14 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #12
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

Had somehow forgotten about exams sad.gif Have one in June and then the final case study in August. Bye summer.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 16 2015, 04:41 AM
Post #13
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I've got two vacations on consecutive weekends in July. First visiting my brother in the Dakotas, the highlight of which will be seeing Miranda Lambert in concert. Then we go to Chicago for our annual family reunion thing on the lake! It's the best.

Other than that my goal is to go for a bike ride every weekend and just generally be outside and enjoy the sun as much as possible. Not easy to do with a standard day job, sadly, but hopefully plenty of bonfires at night, and plenty of s'mores biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Apr 16 2015, 07:09 AM
Post #14
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

I'm dreading summer right now to be honest. I'm quite enjoying Spring at the moment and if assessment period could be a bit further away that'd be great.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post May 18 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #15
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

Going to start taking weekend breaks in some European cities to get a bit of culture into my brain and also to do a bit of sightseeing around Europe (as I've only ever been to 5 European countries). laugh.gif

Starting off with a weekend in July to Dublin. If anyone has been, is it a nice place? What things are there to do there?

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post May 18 2015, 12:29 PM
Post #16
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I've been, but it was in the winter (and I was there for a concert) so didn't do a huge amount. It's got a lot of history though which is nice (if you're into that) and obviously 98.3% of all buildings are pubs.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post May 18 2015, 12:51 PM
Post #17
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

98.3%?!? I'm sold! laugh.gif

I wouldn't mind learning about some of the history.

+Quote Post
Mistletheo
post May 18 2015, 01:41 PM
Post #18
IDGAF
Member No.: 8,661

Flying to Beijing in six days. Excite.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post May 18 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #19
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

First going to Europe in the middle of June, then Teen Wolf the rest of the summer. I love life.

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post May 18 2015, 06:00 PM
Post #20
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Gage @ May 18 2015, 01:04 PM) *
Going to start taking weekend breaks in some European cities to get a bit of culture into my brain and also to do a bit of sightseeing around Europe (as I've only ever been to 5 European countries). laugh.gif

Starting off with a weekend in July to Dublin. If anyone has been, is it a nice place? What things are there to do there?

Dublins cool it's my capital city so I'd obv say that lol I'm there 6/7 times a yr for football concerts and the like - the history's good - hop on the tourist buses and you'll see a lot - guinness factory is pretty cool if your a visitor!

This post has been edited by steve201: May 18 2015, 06:01 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 09:34 PM