BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CIDER~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Apr 13 2015, 04:23 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Are there any fellow cider drinkers in here? When i am not drinking wine, i love nothing more than a refreshing pint of this sweet stuff <3

I haven't delved too deep into a wide range of them, so will be using this to EDUCATE myself on better varieties but i did try Stella Artois' cidre over the weekend and it was surprisingly delicious! Apart from that i always opt for a classy Strongbow~

Nothing better than a cold pint in the sun too, so i am looking forward to the summer cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Apr 13 2015, 04:45 PM
Post #2
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

YES YES YES omg my life out can be summed up by the ciders I choose to drink. So much love for the format, it makes alcohol enjoyable.

Strongbow is a good reliable one but I mainly enjoy it because the taste brings back strong memories, and good ones at that. All the time. It's certainly better than some things some bars have on tap (hi Stowford Press). The collection of drinks that involve beer giants branching out into cider like Stella or Carling are also rather good but I guess relatively unexciting considering the variety out there.

I will normally go for either Thatcher's Gold or Strongbow or Magners (yeah, I'm not fussy) if I want a mainstream pint of one, but the sweet berry ciders are even BETTER in most respects, they also seem a whole lot less bloaty on the whole, so very much love for Kopparberg, Rekorderlig and all their ilk.

Being where I am I also have a pretty great choice of more local ciders and they vary, they're often a lot sweeter and stronger than the national brands. Among the more well-known, Cornish Rattler is notoriously strong for a cider and as long as I have a lot of water to ward off the headaches, is fab on the beach in the summer <3

I definitely have a lot of opinions on this. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 13 2015, 04:46 PM
Post #3
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

You can't beat a good Kopparberg, failing that a Magners or a Bulmers is wonderful.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Apr 13 2015, 05:01 PM
Post #4
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Apr 13 2015, 05:45 PM) *
YES YES YES omg my life out can be summed up by the ciders I choose to drink. So much love for the format, it makes alcohol enjoyable.

Strongbow is a good reliable one but I mainly enjoy it because the taste brings back strong memories, and good ones at that. All the time. It's certainly better than some things some bars have on tap (hi Stowford Press). The collection of drinks that involve beer giants branching out into cider like Stella or Carling are also rather good but I guess relatively unexciting considering the variety out there.

I will normally go for either Thatcher's Gold or Strongbow or Magners (yeah, I'm not fussy) if I want a mainstream pint of one, but the sweet berry ciders are even BETTER in most respects, they also seem a whole lot less bloaty on the whole, so very much love for Kopparberg, Rekorderlig and all their ilk.

Being where I am I also have a pretty great choice of more local ciders and they vary, they're often a lot sweeter and stronger than the national brands. Among the more well-known, Cornish Rattler is notoriously strong for a cider and as long as I have a lot of water to ward off the headaches, is fab on the beach in the summer <3

I definitely have a lot of opinions on this. laugh.gif

A big fan then ohmy.gif

I forgot about Kopparberg, love that too! I always go for the mainstream ones, but i really should branch out a bit and expand my tastes. They're all just so satisfying *.*

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 13 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Live for Kopparberg & Rekorderlig. They are so f***ing good.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Apr 13 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #6
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

The only types of cider I'm not keen on are apple and pear based ones. Passion Fruit Rekorderlig and Mixed Fruits Kopparberg are what it's all about!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 13 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #7
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Omg yes Strawberry and Lime Kopparberg is basically heaven liquefied and bottled wub.gif My #1 alcoholic drink, probably my #1 drink altogether actually. I do like normal cider too, nowhere near as much but given I hate apple juice it's an achievement!

Ooh Brothers' Toffee Apple cider is lush too <3

+Quote Post
:')
post Apr 13 2015, 05:20 PM
Post #8
tidal certified artist
Group: Members
Member No.: 6,764

Although an avid wine drinker, I resort to Savannah Dry from time to time

"It's dry but you can drink it"

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Apr 13 2015, 05:59 PM
Post #9
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(Silas @ Apr 13 2015, 06:09 PM) *
Live for Kopparberg & Rekorderlig. They are so f***ing good.

These two and Bulmers! I don't venture into cider territory too much as I'm more of a vodka enthusiast but wouldn't exactly say no! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Apr 13 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #10
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Cider is the only kind of alcohol I like.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Apr 13 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #11
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Cider is my go to drink when out. It is probably my favourite laugh.gif

+Quote Post
April
post Apr 13 2015, 06:08 PM
Post #12
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

Rekorderlig

*.*

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Apr 13 2015, 06:17 PM
Post #13
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Pretty much the only alcohol I ever drink (bar occasional celebratory drinks like champagne/wine, but even then I'd rather have cider), my faves are the sweeter ones - Rekordelig, Kopparberg Mixed Fruits, Bulmers Strawberry and Lime & Brothers are all divine, and Thatchers, Aspalls & Somerset are good for something slightly stronger, but no too strong that I can't even drink it (like most types of beer/lager ph34r.gif). I haven't touched a Strongbow in years, feels too plain/basic nowadays.

I love having one at the end of a VERY stressful day or when I've completed an essay, feel I may need a lot of it with the stressful times I've got coming up! (I sound a bit like an alcoholic there, I can assure you I'm not tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Apr 13 2015, 06:17 PM

+Quote Post
JSG
post Apr 13 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #14
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I used to drink cider but I find it too bitter now.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Apr 13 2015, 07:53 PM
Post #15
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Really enjoy cider, I even made a homebrew caramel cider for the beer festival a few year ago.

Do like a bit of apple fermentation I do! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Apr 14 2015, 12:14 AM
Post #16
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Apr 13 2015, 07:17 PM) *
I love having one at the end of a VERY stressful day or when I've completed an essay, feel I may need a lot of it with the stressful times I've got coming up! (I sound a bit like an alcoholic there, I can assure you I'm not tongue.gif)

I do that with wine. Not a huge amount, just half a glass or so but i need to have it almost every night now so people think I'm an alcoholic when i mention it. It's just to relax me especially, as you say, after a long and stressful day. I will probably switch to a cider or two a day once the weather brightens up biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post Apr 14 2015, 01:44 AM
Post #17
a.k.a. Marina XCX
Member No.: 8,335

That's alcoholic apple juice, right? With usually enough sugar to make your teeth instantly fall off. Not here for that. Unless I spike it with rum. Rum goes with everything. Who else likes rum? RUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Apr 14 2015, 02:06 AM
Post #18
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

Koppaberg and reckordling in this wheather ❤️❤️💖

+Quote Post
jjake
post Apr 14 2015, 02:08 AM
Post #19
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

there are much better fruit ciders out there than koppa/rekorder. annings a new british company do a pear and mint one that tastes like mojito and old mout new zealand cider is very fresh, they do a kiwi and lime and a passionfruit and apple.

in terms of draught i'd probs say symonds is my favourite, drier than strongbow and very crisp, not so keen on aspalls which is a bit too full bodied for my tastes.

i know a ridiculous amount about cider too~

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 14 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #20
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Kiwi and Lime? NEED

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 01:16 PM