BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hospital Appointments, what do you think about them
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
poppet15
post Apr 17 2015, 02:40 PM
Post #1
UKs Biggest European Music fan
Group: Members
Member No.: 285

It makes my blood boil that you are sent an appointment time and you have to sit in a horrible stuffy waiting room for hours.
10 or 15 minutes OK but 1 hour 45mins is disgraceful when it's supposed to be the first appointment of the day.
If you aren't depressed when you got there, you sure are by the time you are seen.
The staff just expect you to put up with it. There was nothing to read and the TV was switched off. I wasn't allowed to have a drink for 1 hour before my appointment time and I was gagging.
No one tells you how long you have to wait so I went to ask at reception and they just said they will see you when they are ready.

This is the 3rd time in a row this has happened. All for a 10 minute checkup. I have cancelled my future checkups and told them why.

These sorts of waiting times don't just happen on an odd occasion it's every time I have to go.
You get seen quicker in A&E.

I had an appointment to see a consultant (the first appointment of the day) at 9.00am. What time did I get seen 10.45am.

Just why do they give appointment times when you won't be seen.

It's just not good enough. Then they wonder why people are fed up with the NHS.

Anyone else had this problem?

This post has been edited by poppet15: Apr 17 2015, 02:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Apr 17 2015, 02:47 PM
Post #2
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Shit I forgot I had to make an appointment today!!! Arghhh.

MY GP practice has a ridiculous way of getting appointments, it's a nightmare.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Apr 17 2015, 06:19 PM
Post #3
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Yes it is very bad, and the problem will only get worse with people's life expectancy rising!

While people will often point straight towards the government, I don't always believe the blame should be put with them as some surgeries are fantastic. Truth is, quite a few surgeries are poorly managed through no fault of the GPs!

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Apr 17 2015, 06:44 PM
Post #4
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Have never gone to hospital apart from the obvious! Oh and when my gran died last year sad.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 17 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I have absolutely no complaints about NHS Fife. I cannot fault the service I got when I broke my leg. The Minor Injuries Unit at the local hospital had no queue, had to wait a little while for the X-ray as the department wasn't open yet! (It was before 9am i presented) The X-ray staff were lovely though and so funny. X-rays were sent to Kirkcaldy and it took no time at all for a consultant to have a look and confirm that surgery would be required.

Next day surgery, first in the operating theatre for the day. No delays at any point. Appointment said 9am and by 9:30, at the latest, I was counting down from 10. The staff there were brilliant and I had a great team of docs/consultants. Each of my follow-up appointments were fine as well! Got seen roughly on time, had to wait about an hour for the X-ray (expected at the biggest and busiest hospital in the county. Only like 2 A&E depts in NHS Fife!) which was fine and then was straight in to see the consultant once they had the images on screen.

Never had to wait at the plaster room for my cast changes or anything either.

They were great, and this is in a hospital that has a reputation round here for delays and MRSA.

Then again, the waiting targets are harsher this side of the border (98% vs 95% for 4hr A&E target) and it's a devolved system.

+Quote Post
poppet15
post Apr 19 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #6
UKs Biggest European Music fan
Member No.: 285

QUOTE(Rooney @ Apr 17 2015, 07:19 PM) *
Yes it is very bad, and the problem will only get worse with people's life expectancy rising!

While people will often point straight towards the government, I don't always believe the blame should be put with them as some surgeries are fantastic. Truth is, quite a few surgeries are poorly managed through no fault of the GPs!

It's not the GPs I am blaming it's the hospitals. Why give you an appointment time and then see you over 1 hour 15mins later - it's just not on. Mine was the first appointment. No one even tells you.
Mine was just for a 10 minute chuck up that I waited over 2 hours for.
Like I said you get seen quicker in A&E and there you expect to wait your turn.

Yesterday I bumped into a man that was also waiting. He told me that his appointment was 10.00am and he was seen at 12.15am, that's 2 hours 30 mins. Heaven know what time those with afternoon appointments got seen.

I don't believe in all this life expectancy rising drivel. You see many times in the news about so many people dying in their 60s & 70s with only a few even in their 80s.

None of my family have that have passed away in the last 10 years reached more than 80.

This post has been edited by poppet15: Apr 19 2015, 11:48 AM

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Apr 19 2015, 12:33 PM
Post #7
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

A 10 minute chuck up sounds horrific. I'm glad you were in a hospital.

+Quote Post
all is vanity.
post Apr 19 2015, 11:09 PM
Post #8
I will leave my heart at the door.
Member No.: 1,454

I have to wait an hour or more almost every time I have a check-up at my doctor's office. I have canceled appointments several times because I don't want to sit there and wait that long.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Apr 19 2015, 11:54 PM
Post #9
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(poppet15 @ Apr 19 2015, 12:37 PM) *
I don't believe in all this life expectancy rising drivel. You see many times in the news about so many people dying in their 60s & 70s with only a few even in their 80s.

None of my family have that have passed away in the last 10 years reached more than 80.

Yeah, life expectancy rising doesn't mean people stop dying in their 60s and 70s, it means fewer do and more live longer.

And yeah, you can't really judge the life expectancy of a nation of 65,000,000 people on how long one particular family lives.

+Quote Post
Hurricane
post Apr 20 2015, 02:31 AM
Post #10
get me started, hot like fire
Member No.: 17,262
   No Gallery Pics

I think beyond the fact that we have to wait so much time to get one, and then a bit more when you're actually there, I just find them SO stressful in general. They gave me so much anxiety. I'm always going there half-expecting to learn that I have cancer or something.
Just hate it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 10:47 PM